WWC19 | Final: USA v Netherlands

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
The women are really panicking when they get too much time and space, they're way better when they have no time and space and have to think quick.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Swedish GK just went a few feet out of the box with the ball in her hands without anyone noticing :lol:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Offside.

Ref gave the pen there because she knew VAR could bail her out.

They're using the system completely wrong.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Refereeing as a whole has been terrible, there is no consistency, even throughout one game, nothing challenges get yellows and steamroller 2 footed karate kicks get nothing

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
The women are really panicking when they get too much time and space, they're way better when they have no time and space and have to think quick.
I think some of them are not believing it when they've got time and space. Pressure of the event maybe (national teams get way bigger crowds than the club teams) and the occasion. That's why when it comes down to it, I look at the USA and France (with their Lyon core) as the strongest sides here.

It's also why for all its weaknesses, I see hope for the England team :wenger: They've got a lot of players who've been close before (those two third places!) and they've got a couple of players who've played at the business end of the CL etc. Never stop dreaming - right!

Wal2Fra

Offside.

Ref gave the pen there because she knew VAR could bail her out.

They're using the system completely wrong.
I think that is the first time I have seen them make a call with VAR as back-up. Normally they let the game play on until a break to look it over.

You could see in the ref'sbody language that she made that decision with VAR in mind.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
This new offside rule where the linesmen wait 30sec to raise the flag might just be the most useless change in the history of sports.

Bobski

The implementation of VAR in this tournament has been everything the naysayers feared it would be when it was originally trialed. Far more consistently disruptive than anything we have seen before. Add in this handball interpretation with players actively looking to hit the ball off their opponent field hockey style, hoping that slow motion makes everything more dramatic and it is a worrying trend.

Refs are afraid of making key mistakes so they will use it for everything.

Deery

Dreary
Have to respect the fitness levels of these both sides been back and forth all night.

Chekhov

Supports
A wife and three kids
He wasn't moaning about them being physical or fouling. He was complaining about them acting like pathetic children and deciding to almost go on strike a few times because the referee got some decisions right.

But yeah, congrats on finding something else completely irrelevant to the point. Gunna go for the hattrick?
He did in fact complain about stamping and other rough-house tactics. Again, hypocrisy of the worse sort.

The article below is just one of many that focuses on his tsk-tsking of the Cameroon showing yesterday.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...hil-neville-accuses-cameroon-shaming-football

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Surprised they didn’t give that handball just for giggles and shit.

Wal2Fra

Coverage has ended here, is she looking at it? Can she even look at it after the whistle?

Bogga

7 minutes added... No interruptions during those added minutes... Yet she let's the clock go 8,45 minutes until she blows the whistle

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Sweden celebrating after the final whistle while Var is still checking for a penalty. Sums up this tournament