WWC19 | Final: USA v Netherlands

Oldyella

Absolutely loved that goal. Really clever, slick football.

Massively enjoyed this World Cup so far, it's had its drawbacks in terms of VAR and women's football still has a way to go in some areas, but the football has largely been really enjoyable and of a good quality.
I wasn't that interested when it started but as we are getting further in the quality really seems to have stepped up a notch making for some good games.

Edit - in fact that's probably how I am with the men's world cup too to be honest.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Finally vd Sanden off. She's so frustrating to watch. Good thing Groenen can play on, she's been great.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Finally vd Sanden off. She's so frustrating to watch. Good thing Groenen can play on, she's been great.
Really impressed with Groenen, all over the pitch, great engine and constantly winning the ball back and keeping it moving.
Also agree about vd Sanden. Everything seems to break down with her.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Won’t be mentioned as they’re terrified of criticising anyone at the tournament but Holland’s front 3 have been absolutely awful all tournament.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I wasn't that interested when it started but as we are getting further in the quality really seems to have stepped up a notch making for some good games.

Edit - in fact that's probably how I am with the men's world cup too to be honest.
I mainly just watched England at the start and it was all a bit meh, wasn't too impressed. We aren't very good to watch imo, couple of decent players up top who can finish but overall I wouldn't say we're entertaining.

Some of the other sides are very bright on the ball though and great to watch play.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Pressuring them is dangerous, they're great from the back.
Terrible tactics from your manager. Japan are great at playing out from the back and are terrible at breaking teams down. Just sit off them and let them play, Holland highline all game has been suicide, very fortunate to not have conceded from it.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Won’t be mentioned as they’re terrified of criticising anyone at the tournament but Holland’s front 3 have been absolutely awful all tournament.
Especially Lieke Martens. Apart from her luckyish goal she has done nothing all tournament.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Terrible tactics from your manager. Japan are great at playing out from the back and are terrible at breaking teams down. Just sit off them and let them play, Holland highline all game has been suicide, very fortunate to not have conceded from it.
Tell me about it..

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
They are playing amazing football.

Everytime they are playing out of the back too.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Is it just me or has this game been more entertaining than most of the men's world cup matches? :lol:

starman

Japan are brilliant to watch, most entertaining team from the games i've seen.
If England don't win it, I really hope Japan win it