WWC23 | England v Spain - Spain win the World Cup - and Rubiales gets sacked

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
This is why it should have come home

It's God's will and going against it just causes chaos. The pandemic finished when the women won the euros.

SAred

Lee Martin Scores , Sir Alex legacy begins
Quality control
You actually wrote that shit that @maniak quoted?! I guess you think the world can only handle one issue at any one time, and so only the worst thing can get any attention; that kissing women on the mouth uninvited is fine; and that Rubiales did nothing wrong with his campaign to smear Hermosa afterwards. All correct?

Oh, bonus points for suggesting Latin people are less in control of their emotions than others.
It may of went over your head but for Christ sake I'm pointing out that the world has far bigger issues to worry about. The man has just seen his team win the world cup and got emotional being Latin and all (Quite Expressive is the Latin Culture is it not) Now its turned into a typically Woke witch-hunt already firing the coach that won the biggest trophy in the world, made his mum to go on hungry strike all this for a kiss from a man than was over come with emotions. Does this really warrant what is going on in Spain. They should be celebrating the victory but the woke bunch want blood. Pathetic.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Lads is it woke to be against sexual assault in the workplace? :nervous:
Yes, you soft leftie. It's also a witch-hunt if you want people to have consequences for their conduct. You guys made the poor FA boss' mum to go on a hunger strike. YOU! Not his son kissing a woman on the mouth without consent. For feck sake there are other problems in the world and while you focus on this there is absolutely no chance of addressing those other issues. You just don't understand latin culture. Just like the countless people in Spain who oppose his actions.

Last edited:

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
being Latin and all
Now I understand that guy who wouldn't let his girlfriend go on holiday to ibiza. Apparently in some people's minds latin people go around all the time kissing women when they're happy, whether the women like it or not.

SAred

Yes, you soft leftie. It's also a witch-hunt if you want people to have consequences for their conduct. You guys made the poor FA boss' mum to go on a hunger strike. YOU! Not his son kissing a woman on the mouth without consent. For feck sake there are other problems in the world and while you focus on this there is absolutely no chance of addressing those other issues. You just don't understand latin culture. Just like the countless people in Spain who oppose his actions.
Christ you lot want him burnt at the stake, so yes its a witchhunt

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
It may of went over your head but for Christ sake I'm pointing out that the world has far bigger issues to worry about. The man has just seen his team win the world cup and got emotional being Latin and all (Quite Expressive is the Latin Culture is it not) Now its turned into a typically Woke witch-hunt already firing the coach that won the biggest trophy in the world, made his mum to go on hungry strike all this for a kiss from a man than was over come with emotions. Does this really warrant what is going on in Spain. They should be celebrating the victory but the woke bunch want blood. Pathetic.
There was a poll conducted in Spain and 72% of people polled said Rubiales' behavior was unacceptable. Even a majority of supporters from Vox, the far-right political party, said it was wrong (52.5%). If you think half of Vox's voters are woke, I dunno what to tell you.

Link here.

top1whoisman

Scout
There was a poll conducted in Spain and 72% of people polled said Rubiales' behavior was unacceptable. Even a majority of supporters from Vox, the far-right political party, said it was wrong (52.5%). If you think half of Vox's voters are woke, I dunno what to tell you.

Link here.
Yeah but come on, they don’t understand the latin culture like SAred from the RedCafe does.

top1whoisman

Scout
Which is the most expressive culture in Europe the Latins are, so he got caught up with his Latin heritage and kissed a player after winning the world cup for his country.
Yes and 72% of the people who have the same heritage consider his behaviour unacceptable.

SAred

Yes and 72% of the people who have the same heritage consider his behaviour unacceptable.
What would you think is an acceptable punishment for a man that kissed a girl after being part of a winning world cup team. A public flogging perhaps seriously do you not think this has not been blown out of proportion. Hell the Spanish FA is of to court now so instead of celebrating and enjoying a world cup victory a kiss as ended up with the Spanish FA going to court. Really.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Whoosh over the head again, missed the point completely try and catch up.
Your point is wrong and a spanish person has given you stats from spanish people. Just admit you made a silly remark and move on.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
What would you think is an acceptable punishment for a man that kissed a girl after being part of a winning world cup team. A public flogging perhaps seriously do you not think this as not been blown out of proportion. Hell the Spanish FA is of to court now so instead of celebrating and a world cup victory a kiss as ended up with the Spanish FA going to court. Really.
Apologize and leave your job.

top1whoisman

Scout
72% of people they picked for the poll. Not defending the bloke but these votes and polls are always garbage.
It is absolutely fair and reasonable to assume every poll is rigged. The fact that over 50% of Vox supporters think what he did was wrong says a lot. Unless you think they asked only left voters and pretended they are far right voters.

Last edited:

top1whoisman

Scout
What would you think is an acceptable punishment for a man that kissed a girl after being part of a winning world cup team. A public flogging perhaps seriously do you not think this has not been blown out of proportion. Hell the Spanish FA is of to court now so instead of celebrating and enjoying a world cup victory a kiss as ended up with the Spanish FA going to court. Really.
The funny thing is you are the only one talking about burning him at the stake and flogging him. Then you act outraged about people wanting to burn him at the stake and flog him.

As I (and many others) have already said. An apology and a resignation.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Your point is wrong and a spanish person has given you stats from spanish people. Just admit you made a silly remark and move on.
I mean.... this is kinda art imitating life. If @SAred calls a press conference to apologize I will consider it proof that the matrix is real.

NotThatSoph

Which is the most expressive culture in Europe the Latins are, so he got caught up with his Latin heritage and kissed a player after winning the world cup for his country.
Spanish people should ask you to teach them about how Spanish people are, maybe then the woke voters of far right parties like Vox wouldn't overreact.

Dan_F

Christ so you burn him at the stake, man gets caught up in emotion of winning a world cup why burn him at the stake.
No one wants him killed, stop using that dumb metaphor because it isn’t helping your argument.

Appleyface

I'm sure he ha apologized but why leave his job, I see another court case on the way for a fecking kiss.
Your continuous playing down of a non consensual kiss is deeply concerning. Perhaps no one has ever taught you this but nobody should ever touch anyone, let alone kiss them, without clear consent, which he did not have.

Acts like this are unacceptable, just because they are all too often shrugged off and excused, doesn't change anything.

I am urging you to rethink your stance on this, read about the culture of sexual harassment faced by women and think about how such an egregious crossing of widely held boundaries might impact someone. Think about how being kissed and touched without permission might leave a mark on you. These acts are not meaningless, they are not without consequence.

His Latin temperament is irrelevant and I suspect more than a little offensive to plenty of Latin people who manage to keep themselves from touching/kissing people whenever the mood takes them.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
No one wants him killed, stop using that dumb metaphor because it isn’t helping your argument.
woke, lefties, witchhunt, snowflake... it is like bullshit bingo at this point.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
I'm sure he ha apologized but why leave his job, I see another court case on the way for a fecking kiss.
He harassed, lied, coerced and has a past of scandal, both harassing women and corruption. Why should someone like this remain in charge of a national football association? C'mon mate, this is not a hill you want to die on.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
I mean.... this is kinda art imitating life. If @SAred calls a press conference to apologize I will consider it proof that the matrix is real.
I hope the matrix is real, current reality is just too much to be natural.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
You do realise there is a long history of problems with the Spanish womens team prior to all this, decades of problems. Things have finally come to a head and long needed changes are now going to happen. Its not just the kiss. If it were just that kiss then maybe you might have an argument. That kiss is the straw that broke the camels back. It wasnt just that kiss.

top1whoisman

Scout
Speaking of court cases, there was also one on the way with the player being the one getting sued, with the FA accusing her of lying about being kissed by Rubiales.

Do you think that’s right?

harrington

Supports
Aston Villa
You're having a laugh. You emotional much he kissed her by getting caught up in the happiness of winning the world cup.
How come no other person of authority has ever acted like that when their team won the World Cup? How come the representatives of the F.A. at Wembley in 1966 were able to comport themselves properly in the immediate ecstasy of an England victory? How come Bobby Moore and Carlos Alberto and Franz Beckenbauer were all able to act like people in control of both their emotions and their libidos at the point at which they each became a world champion and went up to collect the WC trophy? Everyone in the world saw Rubiales' head grab and kiss (and saw the fireman's carry and the crotch thrust); despite the man labouring under the delusion that he can 'prove his innocence' - there is only one recourse open to him: to simply and humbly accept that what he did was wholly inappropriate and issue a proper and complete apology. Regardless of how long it takes for the penny to drop, that is what he will have to do.

Reactions: Cheimoon

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
72% of people they picked for the poll. Not defending the bloke but these votes and polls are always garbage.
The same polling company (40dB) got fairly accurate results for the Spanish elections in July 2023. They slightly overestimated how well the right would do, in case anyone thinks their sample is 'wokefied.'

There's nothing surprising about the poll finding, all the major parties have criticized Rubiales, even Vox said he should step down.