Yaya Touré: "I want to destroy the Pep myth" (France Football interview)

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
You being a Liverpool fan wasn’t the issue. My point was that in the face of no supporting evidence so far, it’s a bit rich to call out those on here who cast doubt on Toure’s claims, whereas in the face of damning evidence plenty of your fellow Liverpool fans still tried to claim Suarez had done nothing wrong.
You make it sound like I'm to answer for millions of strangers only because I support the same football team. As I said, that whole affair was a disaster. But not really the issue here.

I'm not calling anyone out, btw. I just wish that people would wait and see what comes out before calling Toure a liar.

Last edited:

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
You make it sound like I'm to answer for millions of strangers only because I support the same football team. As I said, that whole affair was a disaster. But not really the issue here.

I'm not calling anyone out, btw. I just wish that people would wait and see what comes out before calling Toure a liar.
Of course you’re not responsible for what others say or do. I was just interested to know if you were as critical of those people as you have been of those who are calling bullshit on this on this forum. With Yaya’s track record of spitting his dummy out, it’s not surprising that people are sceptical. Of course, that doesn’t mean it’s definitely not true and if it turned out it was true, then Guardiola should be sacked on the spot. However, if you read the quotes it comes across as someone who is just throwing a lot of mud around and hoping some of it sticks. In any case, I’m not even sure there has been a clear accusation of racism from him but he’s certainly implying something along those lines.

From a personal point of view, I actually met Yaya last year. It was the day after the last game of the 2016/17 season and City were hosting a series of events across Manchester. I was part of a group of fans invited to the stadium to spring a surprise on him and despite all the shite spouted by him and his agent in the past, I have to say that I thought he spoke quite candidly and it had me wondering why he’d come out with all the other stuff such as the birthday cake rant (incidentally, I think the club actually gave him 2 birthday cakes so why he was moaning he didn’t get any is beyond me).

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Now that the whitest of the white people has spoken, who is accidentally also the manager's favorite, it really puts a stain on Pep's motives.
Yeah, don't you hate it when white people have an opinion?

Stacks

Yeah, I'm fully aware that Toure's a bit of a twat but speaking from experience (my students'), it can be difficult as feck to come out with these things. Nevermind if you read on a quite reasonable site like Redcafe that Toure's just an idiot and probably lying. Even if this is merely a football forum, it still has millions of viewers of all races. Even if Toure has made his own bed, I just think we should wait before passing judgment. Hopefully it turns out to be nothing.

I don't know what you are waiting for. you will be waiting an eternity. Toure suggested that Pep is "too smart" to actually do anything racist (i.e. be an actual racist) and instead just do the unthinkable and not play 35 year old Yaya whose "stats" are better than anyone elses. 100 pts and 106 goals don't matter.

Of course you’re not responsible for what others say or do. I was just interested to know if you were as critical of those people as you have been of those who are calling bullshit on this on this forum. With Yaya’s track record of spitting his dummy out, it’s not surprising that people are sceptical. Of course, that doesn’t mean it’s definitely not true and if it turned out it was true, then Guardiola should be sacked on the spot. However, if you read the quotes it comes across as someone who is just throwing a lot of mud around and hoping some of it sticks. In any case, I’m not even sure there has been a clear accusation of racism from him but he’s certainly implying something along those lines.

From a personal point of view, I actually met Yaya last year. It was the day after the last game of the 2016/17 season and City were hosting a series of events across Manchester. I was part of a group of fans invited to the stadium to spring a surprise on him and despite all the shite spouted by him and his agent in the past, I have to say that I thought he spoke quite candidly and it had me wondering why he’d come out with all the other stuff such as the birthday cake rant (incidentally, I think the club actually gave him 2 birthday cakes so why he was moaning he didn’t get any is beyond me).
His agent seems like a real menace. A conspiracy could be that this is to maintain Yaya's value. He is not passed it. Pep just does not see his talents as he is racist.

spwd

Has the full interview been aired or was that all he said?

spiriticon

So uhhh, he did do this interview, right? It's not been cancelled or anything?

Schneckerl

Boateng who seems genuinely baffled about Yaya's comments:

"I can't share that opinion at all. I never had a problem with him (Pep). On the contrary. I found he was a fantastic coach. Therfore it's really hard for me to comprehand those comments. It wasn't like that at Bayern."

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
If it isn't true, speaks of the kind of guy Toure is.

Treble

If it isn't true, speaks of the kind of guy Toure is.
What IF is supposed te mean here? Do you genuinely believe that Guardiola might have said something racist to Toure? That's as unlikely as a 35 y.o. Toure doing more sprints than any other player in the PL.

The quotes from Toure seem to imply that he infers a racist attitude from Guardiola's decision not to play him despite him being in good physical form. He must be a racist to not play the great Toure.

I'd be hugely surprised if the evidence Toure referred to was something actually said.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
What IF is supposed te mean here? Do you genuinely believe that Guardiola might have said something racist to Toure? That's as unlikely as a 35 y.o. Toure doing more sprints than any other player in the PL.

The quotes from Toure seem to imply that he infers a racist attitude from Guardiola's decision not to play him despite him being in good physical form. He must be a racist to not play the great Toure.

I'd be hugely surprised if the evidence Toure referred to was something actually said.
I don't believe it but who am I to say it's not true? That's why I used "if".

vadimivich

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
David Alaba (father from Nigeria, very open and proud of his African heritage) also has spoken about how much he missed Pep after he left Bayern. Pep called him "our God" when they were at Bayern together.

Not saying that Pep cannot be a racist, but at least it does not appear to be a universal thing against all players of African heritage given him very close relationship with guys such as Alaba and Boateng.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/video/alaba-miss-guardiola-bit-152232695.html?guccounter=1

Camilo

It's clearly a load of shit. Toure is a seriously unpleasant man.

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
This is such a serious allegation. If this isn't true, Pep should sue him for defamation. You can't come up with shit like this and get away with it. This is so fecking pathetic and irresponsible. And I don't even like Guardiola.

Mike Smalling

Seems to me the headline could just as well have been:

Yaya Touré: "I want some attention now that my career is in decline"

Given Tourés previous shenanigans and the lack of evidence, I am more than willing to give Pep the benefit of the doubt here. I don't particularly like Pep, but these are pretty serious allegations.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That's his agent.
This guy?

Yea it sure looks like him doesn't it? :rolleyes:

Edit: I thought you meant the picture was his agent. Didn't even read the handle. The picture is shite tho...

Last edited:

Trizy

How self obsessed is Yaya? He's been walking around the pitch like a couch potato ever since his fantastic season at City. Played for a City who required high energy which he doesn't provide, his legs are gone and he's probably their worst midfielder after Delph.

So he completely ignores any of the above because he thinks he's the shit and blames it down to discrimination? This is definitely up there with Africa letting him down and the birthday cake. A fool, simple as.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Wait, his agent really posted that pic on twitter? :lol:

These cnuts must be on drugs or something.

How can you post a pic like that during these serious allegations?

Classical Mechanic

It looks like a picture making him out to be some tribal warrior doing voodoo. It's shite whoever it comes from. Thanks for clearing that up tho....
He's been saying this week that Yaya is going to put an African curse on Pep and that Yaya will play for any top 6 club for £1 a week + bonuses to prove to City they were wrong about him.

Yaya would be better off ditching this bloke although he had him earning £250k a week to the age of 35.

CA1

Sounds like there could be more coming out about this in a few days.

I imagine Guardiola is sitting tight at the moment waiting for it all to come out. His lack of comment is probably legally driven.

Sounds like Toure isn't letting this go.

Wheato

It's clearly a load of shit. Toure is a seriously unpleasant man.
Aye, he pretty much stopped trying 3 years ago. And was happy to turn up to training for the money. Guardiola has come in and told him some truth bombs. Pulling out the race card is pretty low, especially after the send off City gave him with mosaics, re-naming the training pitches after him and a life time season pass. They were trying to make him a legend, but he's just a leg end. I'm sure that some short-sighted club owner in China is planning on filling up Yaya's already bursting bank account with 300k per week, and as soon as they turn their backs he will probably slag them off as well. What a lovely man!

Stacks

Sounds like there could be more coming out about this in a few days.

I imagine Guardiola is sitting tight at the moment waiting for it all to come out. His lack of comment is probably legally driven.

Sounds like Toure isn't letting this go.
Best to move on lad. Yaya has already stated he doesn't have any particular "racist incident" or anything concrete. The most likely is he was treated the way Pep and Jose treat their outcasts, but because Yaya is a narcissist, faultless and must be worshipped, it must be because Pep does not like African players specifically, nothing else.

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
Yaya has already stated he doesn't have any particular "racist incident" or anything concrete.
He did?

Is there a link for the full interview? I couldn't find any.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Best to move on lad. Yaya has already stated he doesn't have any particular "racist incident" or anything concrete. The most likely is he was treated the way Pep and Jose treat their outcasts, but because Yaya is a narcissist, faultless and must be worshipped, it must be because Pep does not like African players specifically, nothing else.
Somewhat likely, in the event that he doesn't back up his claims.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
The whole thing is a mess, frankly. He goes from Pep being jealous of him, seeing him as a rival, to being baffled by why he wouldn’t play him, despite being largely shite, barely mobile and completely unsuited to Peps style of play. The only conclusion he can allow himself to believe is it’s because Pep is racist. Firstly disliking players of colour, and then specifically African players.

When you add this to his past outbursts, one of which he claims Africa is prejudice against Africans, is it any wonder people are disregarding it?

Why is it so acceptable for him to brazenly make such accusations? If there was a genuine problem, this wouldn’t be the way to deal with it.
Pretty much