Yaya Touré: "I want to destroy the Pep myth" (France Football interview)

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Been away for a week so late to the party. Simply I don't believe Yaya, why?

His first statement was "I started to wonder if it was because of my colour" nothing to do with Africans. Now add to this the team featured, Kompany, Fernandinho, Mendy (when available), Sterling, Sane, Delph etc...
Then midway through he switches to Africans and says Pep will never field a team with 5 African born Africans, thats a big ask for any manager really isn't it? Has a single team in Europe done so?

This is Yaya trying to cause shit because well he' Yaya. How himself and his brother can be so different I'll never know.

In the above I read people saying he's done the same to Eto'o and Iheanacho, conveniently leaving out Zlatan, Hart, Deco, Ronaldinho. I think Pep doesn't like dealing with big personalities (Iheanacho aside, who lets face it can't get in the Leicester team too...) and immediately alienates them as soon as he walks in the door. Basically anyone who is likely to question him in the dressing room gets ignored, dropped and fecked out. Is it an ego thing? Maybe. Is it racism? Nope.

Keita who he signed also never mentioned his race in any interviews on why he didn't play.

Now that said if Yaya comes out with some proof and Pep is guilty of treating him different because he has an issue only with Africans if they are black, or only with black people if they are African, it's grounds for sacking. But I'm 99.9999999999999999999% confident, he won't and himself and Seluk will spend the next year talking shite again.

In reality, his legs have gone, he can't play our system (or arguably any system) and he's throwing round excuses because of his God complex.
good post

VBI

Supports
Celtic, Barca
Keita is an odd example for people to bring up, he was a squad player, who never had anything negative to say about anyone. Also, he played 46, 44, 56 and 42 games in each of his seasons at Barca. He DID play, quite a lot. And he was both black and African born. The only 3 big players Guardiola actually "fell out with" to use those terms, were Eto'o, Zlatan and now Toure. All 3 are famous for being egotistical, "must be centre of attention" big mouths who have long strings of bustups, fallouts, media spats and other incidents in their past. And Eto'o was the only one who could actually do what Guardiola wanted on the pitch because he was mobile, fit and extremely hard working as well as technically proficient.

clarkydaz

How self obsessed is Yaya? He's been walking around the pitch like a couch potato ever since his fantastic season at City. Played for a City who required high energy which he doesn't provide, his legs are gone and he's probably their worst midfielder after Delph.

So he completely ignores any of the above because he thinks he's the shit and blames it down to discrimination? This is definitely up there with Africa letting him down and the birthday cake. A fool, simple as.
id say this is much worse. You cant make public statements like that against people without substance

CA1

Just speaking hypothetically here, if it was proven that United had a racist manager, would anybody give up their season ticket?

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
Just speaking hypothetically here, if it was proven that United had a racist manager, would anybody give up their season ticket?
If it was proven that United had a racist manager he would be sacked on the spot (as would happen at City or pretty much anywhere else I'd imagine) so I'm not sure why a supporter would have to give up their season ticket.

CA1

If it was proven that United had a racist manager he would be sacked on the spot (as would happen at City or pretty much anywhere else I'd imagine) so I'm not sure why a supporter would have to give up their season ticket.
Liverpool had a racist player and most Liverpool fans I presume were fine with it.

I was interested to gauge the United lads on here opinions on it on a United forum. God know what you're doing here mate.

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
Liverpool had a racist player and most Liverpool fans I presume were fine with it.

I was interested to gauge the United lads on here opinions on it on a United forum. God know what you're doing here mate.
Apologies for butting in on a thread about a former City player and current City manager, but yeah you're right - Liverpool didn't sack Suarez, and I can't recall any examples of any English clubs sacking a racist player. However, I feel with managers there's a greater degree of responsibility than there is with players and if a manager were to be found guilty of racism I think it would almost certainly end with them losing their job.

Stacks

He did?

Is there a link for the full interview? I couldn't find any.
his comments "He’s too intelligent to be caught. He’ll never admit it (not liking Africans). But the day he picks a team with five Africans in, I promise I will send him a cake!"

using inference and deduction skills I can ascertain he has nothing incriminating, just a gist that he doesn't like Africans but you'll never here him (Pep) say anything of the sort, like a big fat racist would.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
his comments "He’s too intelligent to be caught. He’ll never admit it (not liking Africans). But the day he picks a team with five Africans in, I promise I will send him a cake!"

using inference and deduction skills I can ascertain he has nothing incriminating, just a gist that he doesn't like Africans but you'll never here him (Pep) say anything of the sort, like a big fat racist would.
You don't fecking throw out such slanderous gists on a whim.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Unfortunately, this is a little bit like the boy who cried wolf, which is quite clear from many of the responses to this thread.

He has previous for acting like a cry baby twat, so whether this is serious or not, the first reaction is that he is acting like a cry baby twat again.

In any case, The Lord Pepus can do what he likes, mud never sticks to him.

redIndianDevil

If it's a manager, he's a goner for sure. But if it's a player, it depends on the degree of racism and his actual skill. If it's a skilled and Ver important player, he'd likely to be forced to tender an apology but will not be sacked. If it's a squad player or one that has no hope, he'd be gone in a sec.

Best example is Leicester, Vardy continues to play and Pearson and co got fired for their Thai shenanigans.

Stacks

You don't fecking throw out such slanderous gists on a whim.
errrrm yeah you do. happens every day. Look at the absurdity of his agents latest tweet with the Shamans. They are lunatics

"We Africans, we do not show that Africa is important to us,"

"We give more priority to what's going on elsewhere than in our own continent. This is what is appalling"

"Yaya will take care of Yaya and let Africa take care of itself. As I’ve been told many times, you can’t take care of Africa too much because Africa will be the first to let you down."

He shouted discrimination from Africans against Africans, merely because he did not win. He shouts discrimination against Pep because he did not play. He is a big cry baby, a man child and a bad example as a sportsman and human being.

kaiser1

Pep's Mum
Supports
Bayern Munich
“I never had any problem with Pep Guardiola,” said Sagna. “Whenever I was good, I playing. Whenever I was not playing well, I was on the bench.

“To me, it’s part of a football player’s life. Personally, I never felt different from any other player.

“I don’t know what the relationship (between Pep and Yaya) is today. But personally, I never had any problems. He was always respectful to me and my family. That’s all I want to say.”

https://www.mcfcwatch.com/2018/06/1...n-yaya-toures-explosive-pep-guardiola-claims/

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
So no new actual evidence, so it was all just Yaya bs backed by the African shamans, wouldnt surprise me if Yaya was a flat Earther.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Yeah still waiting for the revelation here. Those who got up in arms over the Yaya criticisms might need to reevaluate.

I'm certainly no lover of Pep, but to just throw such an accusation on a whim isn't acceptable, and it's worrying that he's able to do so without any kind of repercussion, and to receive support for it to boot.

Classical Mechanic

Accusations of racism aside, Yaya's 'myth' busting is nothing of the sort. Football scholars such as myself and other venerable denizens of Redcafe have been 'woke' to this truth for aeons.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Not surprised one bit by how this is unfolding. Yaya is a sad human being. Ready to triviliaze something died for and over for personnal gain

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Remember his rant when Aubameyang won the best African player award.
Bizarre human being.

Stacks

Not surprised one bit by how this is unfolding. Yaya is a sad human being. Ready to triviliaze something died for and over for personnal gain
This isn't so much an "I told you so moment", its just yourself like many knew that with Yaya, the quotes he made in relation to the accusation (really throw away) and his past nonsense, this was right up his street for it to be a big scheme. You can never, not take someones past into account when they make a fresh accusation. There is even a fable about it. Many were keen to hear more of Yaya's claims solely due to dislike of Pep.
As De Bruyne said, it would be weird if Pep was specifically racist towards a past it, arrogant, self centered, delusional 35 year old Yaya, when he works with and selects so many black players on merit, has signed players of African descent, and very few have made accusations of racist treatment. In today's era it is common practice to weaponize or politicize discrimination, as there will automatically be a huge reaction regardless if there is any truth to it.

Yaya seems like one of the worst kinds of people imaginable. I want to blame his agents/advisors because I doubt his upbringing created this.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
@Stacks Kolo Touré seems like a nice and humble man in comparison. Maybe it is just Yaya who is self centered like that and his agents/advisors are fuelling this monumental ego of his.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
@Cassidy : Have you heard anything substantial ? Looks like I wasn't wrong
So you totally missed the point of what I was saying. I never made reference to whether what Yaya said was right or wrong

EyeInTheSky

Does Fielding black or African players mean you are not racist? As in it means you can't deal with them differently in a derogatory or contemptuous fashion? Making use of someone as a means to an ends does not preclude you from being one(a racist). The two are not mutually exclusive.

Does not fielding black or African players mean you are a racist?

either way, it is not straightforward and we don't know the intentions behind Pep's decisions or thoughts inside his head. It is far more likely that he is generally a cnut that players don't warm to or at best just get on with it. He even just said himself he struggles with interpersonal relationships.

Stacks

Does Fielding black or African players mean you are not racist? As in it means you can't deal with them differently in a derogatory or contemptuous fashion? Making use of someone as a means to an ends does not preclude you from being one(a racist). The two are not mutually exclusive.

either way, it is not straightforward and we don't know the intentions behind Pep's decisions or thoughts inside his head. It is far more likely that he is generally a cnut that players don't warm to or at best just get on with it. He even just said himself he struggles with interpersonal relationships.
In this case, it seems he had a 35 year old waster who didn't warrant a place in his record breaking side i.e. a footballing decision. Pep may be a racist. none of us will know, however he seems to consistently make footballing decisions, many of them vindicated and Yaya is just another victim of his ruthless streak. Sadly Yaya will be Yaya and make himself a victim of something evil and insidious.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I didn't at all. Just asked you a simple question. Have you heard more ?
Nope. I havent even seen the supposed interview he did, except those exerps that were first shared by France Football. Seems odd.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

In this instance, yes, it is that straight forward.

Yaya concludes that the only possible reason why he wasn’t selected is because Pep is racist. He that assertion.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
A reply.
Title is blatant lie. Eto'o didn't say that Pep is racist, neither himself nor translator. Closest thing is:

Eto'o says some decisions Pep has taken involving black non-European players might lead to that that suspicion, but that he's kept in touch with him through the years and wants to believe Toure's accusations are unfounded.

Stacks

right below this, in the same thread, a poster gives this translation of what was said#

Eto'o says "some decisions Pep has taken involving black non-European players might lead to that that suspicion, but that he's kept in touch with him through the years and wants to believe Toure's accusations are unfounded."

He didn't seem to confirm this.

kaiser1

Pep's Mum
Supports
Bayern Munich
When will Yaya and his agent destroy the myth of Olympiakos who released him 3 months after joining barely making first team but thought racism is why he couldnt play first team football for Man City

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46530008
The 35-year-old's contract has been terminated by "mutual agreement".
Yaya Toure leaves Olympiakos three months after rejoining Greek club

Karel Podolsky

Supports
Ex Laziale
When will Yaya and his agent destroy the myth of Olympiakos who released him 3 months after joining barely making first team but thought racism is why he couldnt play first team football for Man City

Oh why Steven Gerrard came across my mind when I read the last sentence.. :lol:

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea

Back to PL? West Ham ?