Yaya Touré: "I want to destroy the Pep myth" (France Football interview)

FujiVice

His teams dont have any heart. They are robots. Fitness and tactics. There's no magic about them.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
Might be the part where you tried to advocate the use of magic powers to counter the global political and social exploitation of Africa.
Yes, and that might be a satirical comment on the actual existence (or otherwise) of magical powers, if you're paying attention.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He seems to not handle big egos very well.
Always has a fallout of some sort wherever he goes.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Any notable fallout at Bayern and City?
I'm sure aguero wasn't very fond of him, seems to be the same with yaya.

Don't remember bayern to be honest didn't follow you lot that much in that period.

kaiser1

Pep's Mum
Supports
Bayern Munich
I think Yaya at City, but other than that I agree with you. I dont think he falls out with people that often.
Will you say Yaya fallout was at City or at Barcelona?

kaiser1

Pep's Mum
Supports
Bayern Munich
I'm sure aguero wasn't very fond of him, seems to be the same with yaya.

Don't remember bayern to be honest didn't follow you lot that much in that period.
"No, I never had problems with (Pep) Guardiola. I never argued with him," said the 33-year-old in a recent interview with Spanish newspaper El País.
"Yes, we had to clarify things. When he (Guardiola) arrived (in 2016), since we didn't know each other, we had a bit of a trial run. The last three years (2018-2021) were fantastic - I have nothing to say".
"He (Guardiola) is a coach who always wants the maximum. If he has an idea for a match in his head, he does it. It doesn't matter to him if he has to leave out the players who scored three goals in the last games," the striker added.

"The name of the player doesn't matter, unless it's (Lionel) Messi. I always accepted when I was playing and when I wasn't. Gabriel Jesus, upon landing in Manchester, began to play as a starter. I didn't say anything.

"I had to keep working for when my time came. When Jesus was injured in a match against Bournemouth (in 2017), there were no other strikers, and I had to play. In those three months (during the 2016/17 campaign), I scored twenty goals, and gave Pep (Guardiola) the confidence he needed".

https://www.si.com/soccer/mancheste...pep-guardiola-feud-following-barcelona-switch

Red the Bear

Something less generic
"No, I never had problems with (Pep) Guardiola. I never argued with him," said the 33-year-old in a recent interview with Spanish newspaper El País.
"Yes, we had to clarify things. When he (Guardiola) arrived (in 2016), since we didn't know each other, we had a bit of a trial run. The last three years (2018-2021) were fantastic - I have nothing to say".
"He (Guardiola) is a coach who always wants the maximum. If he has an idea for a match in his head, he does it. It doesn't matter to him if he has to leave out the players who scored three goals in the last games,"
the striker added.

"The name of the player doesn't matter, unless it's (Lionel) Messi. I always accepted when I was playing and when I wasn't. Gabriel Jesus, upon landing in Manchester, began to play as a starter. I didn't say anything.

"I had to keep working for when my time came. When Jesus was injured in a match against Bournemouth (in 2017), there were no other strikers, and I had to play. In those three months (during the 2016/17 campaign), I scored twenty goals, and gave Pep (Guardiola) the confidence he needed".

https://www.si.com/soccer/mancheste...pep-guardiola-feud-following-barcelona-switch
He isn't going to come out and say screw that pep fella is he?
I could raise you this as well:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sk...s-after-man-city-strikers-farewell-appearance

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Zlatan Yaya etc didn't have a problem saying that the moment they left Pep
Aguero is a very convivial man, I'll doubt he would make a big drama out of it but there definitely were signs of them not getting along to well.

haru krentz

Succesful manager making enemies along the way? SHOCKING! You are succesful because you stubbornly stick to your own proven principles instead of trying becoming a crowd pleaser. Look at SAF, famous for being brilliant at Man-Management aspect yet some of his ex-players are turning against him.

GBBQ

Succesful manager making enemies along the way? SHOCKING! You are succesful because you stubbornly stick to your own proven principles instead of trying becoming a crowd pleaser. Look at SAF, famous for being brilliant at Man-Management aspect yet some of his ex-players are turning against him.
Exactly. It’s the price of success. You push players to their limits and maybe it eventually snaps but what you achieve along the way justifies it.

mctrials23

Show me a star player who isn't pissed off about not being played or being played in a position they prefer and I will show you a dozen that are furious and think that the manager is satan himself.

Football players with egos the size of planets not being happy with a manager when they aren't getting their own way. Shocker. I guess he could try the United way of just letting the players run the team. I've heard its very effective.

Yaya Toure just comes across as a delicate flower who can't handle people not worshipping the ground he walks on.

facchiano

Klopp made enemy of Africa too calling AFCON little tournament. Please do the same, beautiful shamans
Between Mané, Salah and the large amount of Liverpool supporters in Africa, it won't happen. Maybe all the black magic guys are Liverpool supporters? Either way there's a high chance that maybe Pep's CL run have been affected by witchcraft, sorcery, evil eye etc.

RoyH1

Show me a star player who isn't pissed off about not being played or being played in a position they prefer and I will show you a dozen that are furious and think that the manager is satan himself.

Football players with egos the size of planets not being happy with a manager when they aren't getting their own way. Shocker. I guess he could try the United way of just letting the players run the team. I've heard its very effective.

Yaya Toure just comes across as a delicate flower who can't handle people not worshipping the ground he walks on.
City really mishandled the cake situation. Just get the man some cake on his birthday.

ariveded

What a little bitch , Yaya is

Making their dislikes as an insult to his race or continent, and then making bad wish or cursing them.

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
Too bad he doesn’t have a GOAT to sacrifice. It worked for Barça; it saved the club.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Does toure have a history of being hard to work with? Always seemed like a consummate pro to me and I really liked him (well as far as you could like a rival player).

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Hmm, not the player I had in mind. But when you look at how out of shape he had gotten towards the end of his spell there, it seems clear that they were fattening him up for a sinister ritual.
Jeez that took a sinister turn fast, guess he got lucky Milan rescued him from such a fate.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Is this all because pep didn't get yaya a cake for his birthday?

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Forget about a man's car key and he will be angry for a day.
Forget about his birthday cake and he will be angry for the rest of his life.