Yaya Toure

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
He's a lazy big bastard just now, and his behaviour during that incident was childish. He should be ashamed, probably console himself with his 300 grand a week though.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
They definitely made a mistake in not getting rid in the summer.

saivet

His defending for CSKA's first goal was embarrassing. No effort at all.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
He's definitely in decline, watch City break the bank for Pogba next summer.

Well if they're allowed anyway, no idea how much FFP will restrict 'em.

Devil may care

A lackluster performance from him and City but he compounded it when he spat his dummy out because the CSKA player took the ball off him.

Oggmonster

I defended him at the start of the season but yeah he has looked pretty uninterested in most games. It doesn't help him the system the team are playing but a committed player would still be able to look good, he looks very average. I'd imagine City somewhat regret not getting rid in the summer and replacing him, he won't have as much value after this season I'd imagine.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
PSG or back to Monaco

Premier League: No
La Liga: No way Real Madrid or Barca will be interested in him......maybe Valencia with the money of the new owner??? (@Vato & @jojojo)
Serie A: No club has the money
1.Bundesliga: No way Bayern Munich or Dortmund will be interested in him
Monaco aren't in the money either.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
They must be in for new cm in January, I have no idea how they can't realise he is one of their biggest problem in CL.

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
He was much the same the year after City won their first title. He just doesn't have the drive that the very best players have.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
PSG or back to Monaco

Premier League: No
La Liga: No way Real Madrid or Barca will be interested in him......maybe Valencia with the money of the new owner??? (@Vato & @jojojo)
Serie A: No club has the money
1.Bundesliga: No way Bayern Munich or Dortmund will be interested in him
I can't see Valencia taking him, unless City subsidised the deal, paying part of his wages for a loan or whatever. Their owner is Peter Lim, who's involved in (de facto) third party ownership schemes with Mendes, investing in young players and fattening them up for resale. I don't see him throwing a big contract at a 32 year old.

Next year, I would think Valencia will be looking at trying to make the next "Falcao to Atletico" or "James to Monaco" type deals.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
I think his brothers death has fecked him up, as well as generally being on the decline through ageing.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
When does he leave for ACON - was it his last PL game before the tournament yesterday?

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
When does he leave for ACON - was it his last PL game before the tournament yesterday?
Yeah, leaves on Sunday.

Loved all the people writing him off in this thread. Poor start to the season all of a sudden meant he was past it apparently. He's getting back to his best and his goal yesterday was a ridiculously good strike. Wouldn't swap him for any other midfielder in the league.

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
Yeah, leaves on Sunday.

Loved all the people writing him off in this thread. Poor start to the season all of a sudden meant he was past it apparently. He's getting back to his best and his goal yesterday was a ridiculously good strike. Wouldn't swap him for any other midfielder in the league.
He is one of the most talented midfielders to have played in this league. More talented than Keane or Viera. From a talent standpoint he's up there with Scholes and Fabregas. When it looked like we were in for Vidal someone called him a luxury player. His workmate isn't the best but I can't think of a more productive cm in the final third. Partner him with the right player and your team will reap the benefits. Top top player, he will be a big loss for City.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
He is one of the most talented midfielders to have played in this league. More talented than Keane or Viera. From a talent standpoint he's up there with Scholes and Fabregas. When it looked like we were in for Vidal someone called him a luxury player. His workmate isn't the best but I can't think of a more productive cm in the final third. Partner him with the right player and your team will reap the benefits. Top top player, he will be a big loss for City.
More talented than Keane & Vieira? Not a chance.

needtoknowbasis

He's not and never will be as talented as Scholes..... Are you nuts?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
That shot yesterday... Toure is an enigma, in some instances he looks like the best CM in the world and at times it feels like his team is playing with 10 men.

Firstouch20

More talented than Keane & Vieira? Not a chance.
Yaya is comfortably more talented than both. From an attacking perspective he litrally has no weaknesses. Vision, passing, dribbling, touch, control, long range shooting, finishing, power, pace etc. He is probably the most complete midfielder in premier league history.

Firstouch20

No, just no.
Yaya is an incredible passer of the ball. Just look at his stats. He's African though so that area of his game never gets highlighted. Yaya is a deeplying playmaker for the most part. Very few neutral fans and pundits would admit to this.

Robbie Boy

And thankfully he will be buggering off for a month. Hopefully he comes back shit again, just like after the WC.
Aye, bad timing for City with him leaving for the ACON this Sunday. He seems to have rediscovered his best form, or something close to it, and will certainly be a big loss for them.

United22

Yaya is an incredible passer of the ball. Just look at his stats. He's African though so that area of his game never gets highlighted. Yaya is a deeplying playmaker for the most part. Very few neutral fans and pundits would admit to this.
That is just plain stupidity, I'm not even gonna go there. Yeah he is an incredible passer of the ball, I agree, but to say he is as good as dictating play as Scholes was is ridiculous. There are probably only 3 or 4 players in this last decade who could dictate play like Scholes could...

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Yaya is comfortably more talented than both. From an attacking perspective he litrally has no weaknesses. Vision, passing, dribbling, touch, control, long range shooting, finishing, power, pace etc. He is probably the most complete midfielder in premier league history.
Jesus Christ..

Hojoon

I don't know what standards people use to judge a CM's talent, but Yaya Touré barely holds a candle on Keane as a CM. The way top European teams have made him useless with ease shows that.

Revan

Assumptionman
Is he? Most of the times he is their most advanced midfielder, so I don't get how he is a deeplying playmaker. Isn't the point of a deeplying playmaker to dictate the game from deep? You know, like Pirlo, or Alonso or our very own Carrick.

And no, I doubt that even Yaya's mother wouldn't admit that he is as good as dictating the game as Scholes.