You can now view warnings on your account

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
I have only 1 point at the moment that I received from Wibble. He claimed I made a joke in the robinho gang rape thread. When I pointed out I hadn't even posted in that thread, and that the comment was in the Guardian thread (as evidenced in the original warning post), he just stopped relying to me in conversation all together. Bit harsh! Any chance of it getting withdrawn?
I've just read the post you got warned for. You're lucky you only got one point for it. You're welcome to discuss it with me over PM if Wibble got bored of trying to explain it to you.

Note: warning points can go up as well as down.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I've just read the post you got warned for. You're lucky you only got one point for it. You're welcome to discuss it with me over PM if Wibble got bored of trying to explain it to you.

Note: warning points can go up as well as down.
Strange he only got bored explaining to me once I pointed out to him he was completely wrong about where it was posted, markedly changing the context of the post. Instead it was in a thread where "gay" gifs are totally acceptable. Clearly meant satirically, but there you go.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
I have had 6 warnings. Didn't know that. I could only recall 2. There is one in May 2017 but I don't remember that one as well. 3 warnings of 0 point, 1 point and 1 point are from same day in 2013, something about posting in the promoted newbie thread in generals :lol:

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
If you get a warning. You should get a message to let you know!
As part of these latest changes to warnings, you will also receive an alert when you receive a warning. You should also get a PM with details of the warning.

So you should definitely know when you get a warning from now on.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Zero pointers are just prompts really - warning you that there's a rule or a problem you might not be aware of. Sometimes the mods edit the post and send an alert instead. Sometimes you'll just get a message from one of us. If you do the same offence again you will usually get points for it.

The reason we use zero pointers is because there are a lot of posters, and if one mod just does an edit or a PM, then the other mods won't necessarily know about that.

hobbers

2 warnings from 2014 for being a dick in the matchday threads.

Colour me stunned.

MichaelKorleone

I got a warning in 2015 for creating a duplicate account. What happened was - I went to my friend's place to watch the EL final (we've watched CL/EL finals together since 2010 unless one of us is out of town) and logged in to Caf on his laptop. He's also a Utd fan and a Caf lurker so I used to pester him to create an account as it's easy to keep track of threads (going directly to unread posts is great). He created one a couple of days later which was recognized by Caf software leading to a mod banning his account and warning me. I didn't even get promoted until Jun last year and when I got this warning, I don't think Newbies had access to post in Mains unlike now. I had no reason to own two Newbie accounts

Is it possible to delete my warning please?

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Got one in 2014 for saying Fellaini had the first touch of a "person who forces themself on another". Probably fair enough using Rape as a metaphor isn't a good idea, however I had no idea of this warning.

Will Absolute

I wonder why this wasn't considered necessary before?

Letting posters know they're walking on eggshells is better than springing a nasty surprise. If a poster knows he's on 13 points he can moderate his behaviour, but, kept in the dark, he's likely to walk blindly off the banning cliff.

(Maybe reprobates were informed when they were on the edge of the abyss?)

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town

Letting posters know they're walking on eggshells is better than springing a nasty surprise. If a poster knows he's on 13 points he can moderate his behaviour, but, kept in the dark, he's likely to walk blindly off the banning cliff.

Yeah we tend to tell people when they’re on the edge of permaban, and they’ve always had more than enough chances. It’s fairly hard to get permed to be honest.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

It was but there was no such add-on for Xenforo at the time. Read the OP where it has been said we know it is a long running issue. Before we knew of the add-on, we tried it so everyone could see everyone's warnings but that was a disaster.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!

I know, right?

I'd be devastated If I was banned. This forum is like my extra marital affair.

Damien

Staff
Yeah we tend to tell people when they’re on the edge of permaban, and they’ve always had more than enough chances. It’s fairly hard to get permed to be honest.
And this. If a poster has got to 13 points (when most warnings are between 1-3 points) then there's a big issue with that poster and they would have received PMs with most of their warnings unless they were all custom.

Varun

Staff

Life's such a mystery innit?

Will Absolute

It was but there was no such add-on for Xenforo at the time. Read the OP where it has been said we know it is a long running issue. Before we knew of the add-on, we tried it so everyone could see everyone's warnings but that was a disaster.
Fair enough. I was just wondering because it seems so obvious that people should be told.

(I often thought that Newbs are sometimes treated harshly being banned in their first few days without being given the chance to learn the etiquette of the forum. But I suppose that's a story for another day. And not my business. :D)

Damien

Staff
Fair enough. I was just wondering because it seems so obvious that people should be told.

(I often thought that Newbs are sometimes treated harshly being banned in their first few days without being given the chance to learn the etiquette of the forum. But I suppose that's a story for another day. And not my business. :D)
Would have to be something bad for them to be banned so quickly (we tend to just demote them again for a period of time - see @yumtum). An issue of late has been newbies with less than 100 posts getting promoted within a week or two of signing up before they get used to the forum and end up going off the rails but we've made a change to that today so they can get a better grasp of what the caf is like so it shouldn't be as much of an issue in future.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
I got a warning in 2015 for creating a duplicate account. What happened was - I went to my friend's place to watch the EL final (we've watched CL/EL finals together since 2010 unless one of us is out of town) and logged in to Caf on his laptop. He's also a Utd fan and a Caf lurker so I used to pester him to create an account as it's easy to keep track of threads (going directly to unread posts is great). He created one a couple of days later which was recognized by Caf software leading to a mod banning his account and warning me. I didn't even get promoted until Jun last year and when I got this warning, I don't think Newbies had access to post in Mains unlike now. I had no reason to own two Newbie accounts

Is it possible to delete my warning please?
It's already expired Michael, but I'll put a usernote on your profile anyway.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Is it normal that I was able to see the warning in my profile, in the days that followed it?

Raoul

Admin
Staff

Alternatively, posters who receive many warnings would be wise to presume that they may at some point get banned.

Will Absolute

I don't know about the terminology though. I received a warning for posting an 'inappropriate image', which sounds dodgy as hell.

It was a small dog, fully clothed.

I'm taking legal advice. So Penna had better watch out - her reign of terror is coming to an end.

Rafateria

Are objections permitted?
Sadly it seems I received 3 points simply for defending myself against defamation.
I'm a landscape photographer and another member claimed my photos were stolen from a guy of the same name.
In the real world I'd have sued him without question but here I simply responded with detailed proof of ownership to each of his assertions. Why was he not prevented from continuing his attacks based on the proof I supplied?
And I ended up with 3 points for fighting back against real world defamation (my name is shown on the copyright on the photos). Still highly peeved.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Are objections permitted?
Sadly it seems I received 3 points simply for defending myself against defamation.
I'm a landscape photographer and another member claimed my photos were stolen from a guy of the same name.
In the real world I'd have sued him without question but here I simply responded with detailed proof of ownership to each of his assertions. Why was he not prevented from continuing his attacks based on the proof I supplied?
And I ended up with 3 points for fighting back against real world defamation (my name is shown on the copyright on the photos). Still highly peeved.
Oh I remember that. Because you were both told to drop it, and instead of just reporting him and we’d have deleted his posts and deleted him you both continued to turn the thread into a shit show.

Anyway he’s gone now because he was a knob.

Rafateria

Oh I remember that. Because you were both told to drop it, and instead of just reporting him and we’d have deleted his posts and deleted him you both continued to turn the thread into a shit show.

Anyway he’s gone now because he was a knob.
Didn't I report him? Anyway theres a difference between banter which I have no problem with, and being called a thief. Surely anyone can see that and understand how that would compel a person to defend themselves, especially when no other protection was forthcoming. His attacks came over numerous threads.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Didn't I report him? Anyway theres a difference between banter which I have no problem with, and being called a thief. Surely anyone can see that and understand how that would compel a person to defend themselves, especially when no other protection was forthcoming. His attacks came over numerous threads.
Nah you didn’t report him, if you had then other protection would have been forthcoming.

Muffled funk

Not to be trusted
This guy can't even remember if he reported him, how can he even be sure he took those photos.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
I don't know about the terminology though. I received a warning for posting an 'inappropriate image', which sounds dodgy as hell.

I'm taking legal advice. So Penna had better watch out - her reign of terror is coming to an end.
Inappropriate in the footie forums. Not inappropriate per se. :D

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff

I'm afraid that this being a "benign" dictatorship that the legal route isn't available with Penna being both judge, jury and whatever other role she chooses.

And the question is did you have the dog consent to having it's picture taken much less publicly posted.

In summary you are the Harvey Wienstein of the dog world*

* possibly extrapolation beyond the data a little too far.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
The GoT thread is serious business. You're clean anyway, you didn't get any points for it.
Ha yes when people started dropping like flies it was pure panic in that thread :)It's good to not have a clue with regards to what will happen next on GoT.

Status
Not open for further replies.