Zidane watch

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
how massive can they spend in light of FFP?
I mean with the prices of "galactico" type signings today I would guess a neymar and a hazard type double would be something like half a billion so unless woody is stupid enough to drop a crazy amount of money on bale its hard to see how the books balance?
Not sure what Reals max transfer budget under FFP would be - but half a billion seems excessive even for them
Sure they can work out a way around it. Madrid are UEFAs darlings anyway.

Javi

Wonder how they manage to offload Bale. Giant mismatch between salary and performance. China would probably be their dream but considering that Bale is already checked out in Spain, how is he supposed to deal with China.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
And where are they getting the money from? They would still need another midfielder and a bonafide striker.
They'd be looking at selling Bale - his wages alone will free up a fair bit. Then they could sell Odegaard, Rodriguez and more (Mariano?). That'd bring in at least 100M.

You think? He's been begging them to buy him for years and they haven't looked twice at him. I know Ronaldo isn't there now but the impression has always been they're not really interested in him.
I think it is similar to what happened with Courtois - waiting until the player is in the last year of contract and Chelsea don't have much choice.

Suedesi

I mean with the prices of "galactico" type signings today I would guess a neymar and a hazard type double would be something like half a billion so unless woody is stupid enough to drop a crazy amount of money on bale its hard to see how the books balance?
Not sure what Reals max transfer budget under FFP would be - but half a billion seems excessive even for them
Madrid haven't had a proper transfer campaign in 3-4 years, while bringing in record revenues. I think they will be alright from a FFP perspective.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Madrid haven't had a proper transfer campaign in 3-4 years, while bringing in record revenues. I think they will be alright from a FFP perspective.
True. The latest big transfer campaign was probably in 2013 (Bale, Isco, Casemiro, Carvajal, Illarramendi).

The latest big signing in 2014 (James).

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Wonder how they manage to offload Bale. Giant mismatch between salary and performance. China would probably be their dream but considering that Bale is already checked out in Spain, how is he supposed to deal with China.
They probably need to find somebody totally out of his depth - somebody with lots of money available but does not really understand the game that well...

but where to find somebody that gullible...

Guy Incognito

True. The latest big transfer campaign was probably in 2013 (Bale, Isco, Casemiro, Carvajal, Illarramendi).

The latest big signing in 2014 (James).
What about this season? Diaz,, Courtois, Vinícius Júnior, Odriozola. That more than €100m, even though you brought in a big amount selling Ronaldo.

I do think you'll spend big on quality this summer.

Wayne's World

He must have been given assurances by Perez that huge money will be spent by the club again in the summer and he'll be the main man of it. I don't think he would have risked his legacy at the club otherwise.

Reckon Madrid's are going to go back to a Galactico summer with the likes of signings of Neymar and Hazard this summer.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
The dream of having Mourinho and Neymar at Madrid together for the biggest drama circus in football history is dead.

SATA

I wonder if they approached Poch first and was told he wasn't interested or was knocked back by Levy before deciding on Zidane

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Im sure from a capital perspective they’ve most probably saved enough reserves to reinvest a substantial amount into the team? The key will be getting Bale’s wages off the books as they’ve done with Ronaldo. Getting those 2 off the books will easily cover the wages of 3-4 “galacticos”. (Depending on your definition I guess).

But you are obviously correct as well. 1 Neymar would cost them 250-300mil minimal. But they could probably pull off Hazard & Eriksen plus another for a similar amount. These are all uninformed opinions of mine, obviously. Just can’t see Zidane accepting the job without needing to sign a minimum of 3-4 players.

Revan

Assumptionman
They have a negative net spend over the last 5 years, while we have spend 400m or so (Barca, City and PSG even more). They will be fine with respect to FFP, even if they go full insane.

I think they'll spend 400-500m this summer, while selling Bale, and at least one of Isco/James.

They have a revenue of 100m higher than us, and have been tight for some time now. If people expect us to spend 200m in the summer, no surprise to expect them spending double of that.

Brophs

The One and Only
Poch and Mourinho pacing the streets alongside the Bernabeu, screaming "They're turned the weans against us"

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
They have a negative net spend over the last 5 years, while we have spend 400m or so (Barca, City and PSG even more). They will be fine with respect to FFP, even if they go full insane.

I think they'll spend 400-500m this summer, while selling Bale, and at least one of Isco/James.
Rodriguez is out of contract in 2020 and it will hard to shift bale for a decent fee given his wages.
Isco used to play in the vast majority of games under Zidane before so I'm not sure he would move him on?
No doubt Madrid will splurge but I'm not sure they will be able to have another figo/Zidane summer smashing records etc

Javi

Hehe,Calderon was convinced Madrid would move for Jose.
Jeez,that guy talks b*ll*cks. No wonder he's occasionally on Talksport.
Calderon screwed up heavily as president, the club went to the dogs. While he did sign some players that turned out allright (top of my head Ramos, Marcelo, Higuain, Pepe) he failed with so many others it's actually hilarious in hindsight (starring netherlands gang, random guys like Gago, Cicinho, Heinze, Emerson (!) and all-time heros going by the names of Gravesen, Pablo Garcia or Metzelder).

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
What about this season? Diaz,, Courtois, Vinícius Júnior, Odriozola. That more than €100m, even though you brought in a big amount selling Ronaldo.
Yes, but those players were relatively cheap considering the market except for Vinicius, who was very expensive for a 17 yo.
I do think you'll spend big on quality this summer.
Yes, it seems so.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
The problem is not the FFP, it's the Bernabeu's roof, and whether the clubs are interested in selling their stars (most of them are not).

In terms of FFP Florentino has the club in an extremely good position imo.

Irrational.

I wonder what Real had to promise him or do to get him back.

They look absolutely pathetic going crawling back to him less than 12 months after he left. :lol:

Either way, I can't see this ending very well. Real minus Ronaldo are nowhere near where they should be. I'm guessing some blockbuster signings are on the way, and I'll be delighted when it all goes tits up again.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Do they have enough money for both Pogba and Hazard? I really doubt so. I think they will go for Eden as a Bale/Ronaldo replacement on the wing
They have enough money for anyone. FFP won't be a problem.

They've been breaking records in revenue while investing next to feck all in the squad for 5 years. They have a positive net spend in the past 5 years, got Ronaldo's wages off the books and Bale might be going too.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Considering how desperate Real are, and the kind of assurances they must have given Zidane, I think they might even be willing to splash 150 mil if he really wants Pogba. We aren't that safe really.
We won’t sell him for 150 mil. Look at the price that Coutinho went, or a pretty much unproven Dembele (which looks like a great deal, but was a risk, and that’s considering that he basically forced his way out). Pogba is a better player than both, is in another stratosphere marketing-wise and we’re a wealthier club than both Liverpool and Dortmund.

If he’ll go, he’ll go for Neymar money at the very least.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Pogba is a possibility, but hopefully he’ll go for Eriksen. He’s a natural Modric successor and even with Levy’s mental fees he’ll be significantly cheaper (and they’ll need the funds for Hazard and probably one more big name?).