6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

stevoc

Whilst I agree 100%, obviously both LVG & Mourinho don't, which is the problem.

Zlatan coming off for Rashford would simply lead to Mourinho being even more cautious and playing Fellaini, and that was my entire point. With that in mind, I'd prefer Zlatan to be left on.
Fair enough mate i get where you're coming from. But with Mourinho i think we will have to live with caution at the end of matches it's just how he is.

Zlatan is coming into form and it looks like he will play every game, i just think taking him off when we're winning makes sense to give him some rest. If we're 2-3 up his job is done and as i said earlier when defending a tight lead pace up front will keep the opposition honest and stop them pushing up so much and lead to us not dropping so deep.

Jaybomb

I wonder if he'll score a hat trick this season.

Also, does anyone think we're misusing him? it feels like we're just lumping long balls and crosses up to him. He can score all types of goals so why are we using him like he's Fellaini or something?

Eddy_JukeZ

I wonder if he'll score a hat trick this season.

Also, does anyone think we're misusing him? it feels like we're just lumping long balls and crosses up to him. He can score all types of goals so why are we using him like he's Fellaini or something?
Others and I have mentioned this. Too many times the team just hoofs a long ball up to him. He's started to win some lately, but it's just a horrible way to use him.

Ibra for his height has never really been dominant aerially. So it's bemusing.

Eddy_JukeZ

Agreed @Fracture90, he should be on 22-27 goals already. Shite, get rid.

Fwiw, that 5.9 is just 0.1 higher than Rashford :eek: 0.3 higher than Lingard, 0.4 higher than Fellaini. Oh, and 0.2 LOWER than Blind.

As I say, only the caf could rate a bloke with 12 goals in 18 starts get rated like that, as if Zlatan has been just 0.1 better than Rashford who's been shocking this season. :lol:
I mean there's people who still think Rashford should play over Ibra up front, just because of his pace.

Not only that, but there does seem to some agenda against Ibra. You had people criticizing him after the game vs Everton. Which I didn't understand.

Not to say Ibra should be free of criticism. He was definitely missing some shocking sitters for a while, but lately, he's been our best attacking player and it's not even close. And when he doesn't play, the team struggle to create the amount of chances compared to when he does play. Pretty sure Ibra/Pogba as a tandem have the most chances created in the league.

addo

Second best scorer of the calendar year 2016 in the world with if i remember correctly 45 goals in 50 games, only Messi has more with 47 goals.

Loublaze

ATLien
Where does this logic that we must have one of Fellaini or Zlatan on the pitch at all times come from?

We were very successful for years without having a Fellaini type on the bench to bring on to defend leads.
I agree. This is what happens when a new manager comes in with his own philosophies and ideas. Before LVG many of us didn't care if we had a left and right footed centerback pairing for instance.

stevoc

I agree. This is what happens when a new manager comes in with his own philosophies and ideas. Before LVG many of us didn't care if we had a left and right footed centerback pairing for instance.
I still don't care it's nonsense in my opinion. We played a midfielder/left back at CB all last year simply because he was left footed. And then played Fellaini in many games to mask Blind's aerial presence. Which cost us a game vs West Ham and a CL place, it was bonkers.

clarkydaz

we completely blagged it with Bruce/Pallister Rio/Vidic :lol:

Handré1990

I've just noticed, our striker who has 12 goals in 18 starts since joining the club has an average rating of just 5.9... ha ha :lol: only on the caf
Wow, that's really weird. I have him at 6.7 and I was thinking the other day that it might be a little harsh considering I've always been a fan. Oh well, probably has something to do with reputation and expectations.

Witchking

With all his experience, he should be one of the calm and good players, looks off the pace and his passing is off. I really think his contract should not be extended. Really not worth the amount of starts he gets. Needs to be benched.

Rajma

Really bad in all departments today, sincerely hope those reports us offering him an extension are false seeing the privileges he has.

Man-United

Really bad in all departments today, sincerely hope those reports us offering him an extension are false seeing the privileges he has.
Yeah, let's play Rashford instead..

One of our best players this season, get rid!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Definitely his worst game for us by a mile... Nothings come off. Though in general, he has done really well the past month and a bit and for the most part this season.

Rajma

Yeah, let's play Rashford instead..

One of our best players this season, get rid!
No need to get so defensive. I've just stated the fact, and shared the observation with respect to next season that we better base our attack around someone else or else we are not winning anything again, simple as.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Gets his goal, great finish.

Man-United

He scores again.

If he missed that we would have another two pages of hate within five minutes.

drdoityourself

He's done well in the second half. And another goal to his name.
Can't believe some of the over the top negativity towards one of the best strikers in the game.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Nice to see him wrap up the game even though his overall performance was poor. Worked hard, passing was off though. Good run he is on though

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Keep complaining about someone who will be our most prolific (and entertaining) player since RvP, cnuts.

Man-United

He's done well in the second half. And another goal to his name.
Can't believe some of the over the top negativity towards one of the best strikers in the game.
People can't wait to have a go. This thread is always bumped in the first half of games he's either not scored in or got an assist in.

VanGaalEra

13 already, someone was saying he'd struggle for 25.

He's going to hit 30 this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.