Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skills

Snitch
I'm pretty sure he'll get more than 30 this season. Hes scoring at the moment, but it's mostly in singles. A player of his class, will definitely go on a run at some point in the season where the hattricks and braces on rack up.

Skills

Snitch
Plenty of deep lying midfield anchors also. Pirlo? Scholes? Xavi? Gerrard?
Weren't they all done as starters by the age of 35? Scholes was being used like Carrick is now, since his last great season for us in 06/07 where he was only 32.

RedCurry

:lol: i suspect that the particular game that made me crack and have a go at him is also the same game that the coaches felt the same. There is such a noticable difference, it's no coincidence.
He does seem to be getting rid of the ball quicker in last few games. Not sure if coaches say anything to a player like Zlatan. He probably makes a mistake and knows he needs to improve.

Dobbs

It was a beautifully weighted delicate pass with the outside of the boot, but I'd expect the above from you @Dobbs in fairness.
Such a snide little post. You've chopped off the next sentence where I complement Zlatan and then claim it's what you "expect" of me. If you don't like a different opinion don't take part in a discussion forum. .

stevoc

He's not, I'm assuming you have not watched much of him prior to United.He has scored a few crackers.
You assume wrong i have seen him play many times and seen him score free kicks but i can't remember him scoring a lot of them over the years. He scored a few for PSG that i recall but not many, i suspect to score one he needs 20-30 attempts.

The one last night just happened to be a bad one.
He's been on free kicks for us almost exclusively since he came and he hasn't once came close to troubling the keeper. He is woeful at them he just smacks them with little or no accuracy, Pogba and/or Mata should be taking them for us.

keener

Zlatan has been one of the most influential players on the pitch this season. He's always good at holding up play, distributing, and always looking for a devastating cutting pass. I said earlier this year if he gets a few to hit the net, then we'll really start to roll. I think he's in the mood for way more and I love his combinations with Pogba, Mkhitaryan and Mata. Including Herrera, those 5 have such great touch and vision, it's fun to watch them get to know each other.

Vashu

Predicted Sanchez's signing announcement
Possibly but considering the clusterfeck that was LVG's philosophy you can understand why the key formation took time to find. Herrera never played this well under LVG and even though Carrick is still a revelation you can see why Mourinho might have thought we shouldn't rely on a 35 year old as our midfield anchor.

Main thing is we're on the up and i think we're going to be a much better team when the rest of the strikers catch up.
Yeah, we've found the right formula and it looks like reaching top 4 isn't out of equation, unless you-know-what happens.

I actually don't understand those failed trials. 4-4-2 doesn't work for top teams in modern football unless you have perfectly fit team for it. Putting Pogba in two-men midfield borders on misuse offense. That initial idea was bound to fail and it's weird that such a seasoned premier league manager came up with it.
Herrera was great in his first season here, second was a massive letdown and the present one I'd rate as close to 2014/2015 but not that good.
About Carrick, maybe Jose misjudged Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger. Dunno, but sooner than later we'll need someone for the purpose of rotating our midfield veteran.

Last edited:

Moonred

He has been good overall and now looks to be more well rounded than before. But he was horrendous for a few matches which you wouldn't expect from a player of his class. But I wouldn't say that was surprising.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
A stat that gives a bit of an idea of his build-up play compared to the best players (and playmakers) in the league.

RedPnutz

If your job is to keep fit and play sport, it shouldn't matter what your age is. Looking after yourself, watching your diet, physio, yoga, stretching etc should be second nature. I do things like that and I only play sport for a hobby.

To flip your question over, how many 35 year olds get the chance to sign for Man Utd? That should be all the motivation he needs, despite what he's achieved in the past.
We can look no further than Rooney to see how players may not always be professional enough to do their job well holistically.

Red Stone

Won't even score seven goals. Past it, overrated, old, slow and shite. Could only hack it in the inferior French league.

Apparently.

Rockets Redglare

Won't even score seven goals. Past it, overrated, old, slow and shite. Could only hack it in the inferior French league.

Apparently.
The amount of people on here who said he wouldn't even score ten by the end of the season was ludicrous.

RedRevongge

I know people think Zlatan should score every game because of what we are paying him but putting that aside....the fact he has scored 15 goals before Christmas in a new league at the age of 35 is pretty remarkable for any player

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
His passing is driving me nuts sometimes. Some of it is so unnecessarily sloppy.

Trurl

Now scored more than #2, 3 and 4 of our top goal scorers combined, yet still some aren't convinced.

Vaibhav Raj

His passing is driving me nuts sometimes. Some of it is so unnecessarily sloppy.
A pass is sloppy when you have no pressure and you under-hit it or pick the most ridiculous option. Especially if you're positioned on a part of the pitch where the misplaced pass can really cost the team. A pass is NOT necessarily sloppy when you are engaging in quick exchanges around the penalty are and trying to be inventive. Especially when you have a line of defenders parked in front of you and and few more running at you to put pressure before you release a dangerous ball. I believe you're referring to him attempting a volleyed back-heel when a cross came in and the another back-heel to Rooney which did not come off. Both incidents took place in or around the penalty area. I look at it as a brilliant attempt rather than a sloppy pass and would have encouraged him more had I been his manager. He is well capable of pulling some of those off and we may end up have witnessing a gorgeous assist to drool over for weeks to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.