Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Choose the wrong teams, too. Goes to milan instead of inter in 2006, wins league title and CL in 2006/07 and the BoD ahead of Kaka. If he played in a top english side between 2007-2009 instead of inter, he'd probably be considered on the same level as cristiano ronaldo by now
Absolutely this. Imagine him with Ferguson from 2007 onwards, he would have had his CL and he would have been an absolute beast under the tutelage of Fergie. Also since we were looking for an identity and a leader in those years and up until now he could have established himself as one of our greats.

Sadly I always felt that he didn't like the PL and saw it as some kind of brutish league. I do think think that is part of the reason why he is here, he is tired of hearing all the "can you make it in the pl", "can you cut it at a cold tuesday night in Stoke" stuff being recycled and wanted to show his dominance one final time. Surely there were other teams that would have given him a bigger chance of the CL (pretty hard not to, considering we're not in it) or a bigger paycheque (when Tevez gets close to 600k/week imagine what they would have paid Ibra).

His bond with Mourinho and the boost for his commercial image and brand that he gets with MUFC probably are the main reasons though.

Last edited:

AR87

Absolutely this. Imagine him with Ferguson from 2007 onwards, he would have had his CL and he would have been an absolute beast under the tutelage of Fergie. Also since we were looking for an identity and a leader in those years and up until now he could have established himself as one of our greats.

Sadly I always felt that he didn't like the PL and saw it as some kind of brutish league. I do think think that is part of the reason why he is here, he is tired of hearing all the "can you make it in the pl", "can you cut it at a cold tuesday night in Stoke" stuff being recycled and wanted to show his dominance one final time. Surely there were other teams that would have given him a bigger chance of the CL (pretty hard not to, considering we're not in it) or a bigger paycheque (when Tevez gets close to 600k/week imagine what they would have paid Ibra).

His bond with Mourinho and the boost for his commercial image and brand that he gets with MUFC probably is the main reasons though.
Also think his familiarity and comfort with Mourinho, our glaring need for a star striker, his contract at PSG running out and having conquered all the other leagues made this a perfect fit and time for him. It would have been nice if he came earlier, but then we never know if he'd still be here now.

ti vu

Yeah agree with this. Although I'm sorta glad he didn't as don't think a winner such as Ibra would even contemplate working with a manager such as David Moyes. And he hated LvG.
IMO it's a blessing in disguise with the point in discussion. He could have gone to Chelsea with Mourinho, especially Mourinho's first season back at Chelsea. Mourinho could change side easily while with Zlatan, I believe it's more difficult as he kinda become cult hero. It's easier to change shirts in Italy being a cult hero. Not so in England. He would either stay at Chelsea with Conte or move elsewhere: Germany or one of retirement leagues by now?

Last edited:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Just from that little video you can see how his character must raise the level in the dressing room. I love that he calls the players out on little things like missing the free kicks, even though it's tongue in cheek it keeps the pressure up to keep getting better and better.

He and Paul clearly get on really well too, I bet him joining this summer was a big reason why Pogba felt happy to rejoin at this time too.

TheSwedeFromSweden

Supports
Zlatan
Is Zlatan maybe the oldest player (except goalkeepers maybe) who's been awarded player of the month?

Raw

Is Zlatan maybe the oldest player (except goalkeepers maybe) who's been awarded player of the month?
6 players won it at an older age:
Scholes in August 2010 at 35 (a few months older than Zlatan)
Schwarzer (GK) in Feb 2010 at 37
Sheringham in August 2003 at 37
Zola in October 2002 at 36
McAllister in April 2001 at 36
Pearce in February 2001 at 38

FujiVice

Conte has won his 3rd manager of the month as well. Jose Mourinho has only won the MOTM three times, which I find pretty ridiculous considering he's won the fecking Premiership 3 times. That makes absolutely no sense.

Raw

Conte has won his 3rd manager of the month as well. Jose Mourinho has only won the MOTM three times, which I find pretty ridiculous considering he's won the fecking Premiership 3 times. That makes absolutely no sense.
In my eyes, the manager of the month awards are awarded to managers who manage to exceed the expectations of said club. Hence why we had Mike Phelan winning it at the start of the year, and why Brendan Rodgers has also won it 3 times (2x for Liverpool, 1x for Swansea).

Even Ferguson only won it 3 times in a season twice, and never 3 in a row like Conte.

Stacks

In my eyes, the manager of the month awards are awarded to managers who manage to exceed the expectations of said club. Hence why we had Mike Phelan winning it at the start of the year, and why Brendan Rodgers has also won it 3 times (2x for Liverpool, 1x for Swansea).

Even Ferguson only won it 3 times in a season twice, and never 3 in a row like Conte.
The selection criteria is no doubt inconsistent

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Reminder - This is not an all things Zlatan thread. Its specifically to discuss his performances - not for random tweets or articles. Use the United forum for that.

Devil81

Fully expect Zlatan to get an insane contract offer from China, he's yet to officially agree the extra years contract.

Ludens the Red

Fully deserved POTM award. Gladly eating my humble pie on Zlatan, I doubted him but since the start of November he's been unplayable and not just goal statistics, actual good performances. Long may it continue.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Fully expect Zlatan to get an insane contract offer from China, he's yet to officially agree the extra years contract.
Does he look like a man that wants to leave for China?

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Didn't he already have that last summer? Ibra seems like a guy who wants glory not money

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
For 600-700 grand a week, he could rethink his mindset this summer.

I'm obviously hoping he's not.
You think he didn't have an offer of 600k+ last summer?

Zlatan will easily last until 36-37 in the PL, but if he feels like it he could play until he is 40 and still take the piss in the Chinese league.

His last years of prime will be spent with us.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
For 600-700 grand a week, he could rethink his mindset this summer.

I'm obviously hoping he's not.
He's already richer than god and having a great time with his favourite manager at a huge club that adores him.

Devil81

He's already richer than god and having a great time with his favourite manager at a huge club that adores him.
Fair enough, but so is Tevez and all the other lads going over there. The money on offer is insane, my fear is that they will want a global face, Ibra his a huge name.

They could easily make him the first million pound a week footballer.

Given he's got the choice of renewing, he could well see that money as something he couldn't refuse.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Only completed 11 passes all match, we have struggled to get him in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.