6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

King.of.Red

I think he still looked unfit yesterday, not like his previous performances. hopefully he is back to his top form again. nice and important goal from him. thanks Ibra!

Lowkey

I think he still looked unfit yesterday, not like his previous performances. hopefully he is back to his top form again. nice and important goal from him. thanks Ibra!
Ye i felt the same. He did not look 100% but still nearly bagged 2 goals. I am sure if those chances that Mikhi and Pogba had fell to Zlatan, we would have won the game

arthurka

Well my issue with Zlatan is that:

1. He hasn't got the same pace as Walcott or Overmars.
2. He doesn't dribble as well as Messi/Maradona.
3. His aerial ability isn't as good as Bierhoff.
4. His passing and vision isn't as good as Xavis.

As a MUTD forward he really should be best in the world at every aspect of the game!

And yes I am being sarcastic. I simply don't understand what people think they can expect from a single player who is 35 years old and just got back from being sick? He scored a goal despite not getting any good passes/crosses all game. What more can be expected?
You might be on to something here...
But he was horrid yesterday, never got in front of the defenders, his link up was zero, didn´t win any headers, all in all a really bad day at the office but scored..
He is living on his scoring but he isn´t contributing to our general game enough and his work rate is just terrible.

But that said I love the guy long may he continue...

Rockets Redglare

You might be on to something here...
But he was horrid yesterday, never got in front of the defenders, his link up was zero, didn´t win any headers, all in all a really bad day at the office but scored..
He is living on his scoring but he isn´t contributing to our general game enough and his work rate is just terrible.

But that said I love the guy long may he continue...
Everyone bar Rojo and De Gea underperformed yesterday though, it was just one of those games.

It actually makes me sad that we're probably only going to have Ibra for another season. He truly instills confidence in everything he does and it's years since I remember a truer leader than him.
I was always a bit of a doubter when it came to Zlatan but not anymore, the way he celebrated and got the crowd on their feet was something to behold.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Well my issue with Zlatan is that:

1. He hasn't got the same pace as Walcott or Overmars.
2. He doesn't dribble as well as Messi/Maradona.
3. His aerial ability isn't as good as Bierhoff.
4. His passing and vision isn't as good as Xavis.

As a MUTD forward he really should be best in the world at every aspect of the game!
:D

Thgat's exactly what many posts in this thread have stated.
The guy is our most prolific goal scorer in over a decade and people still complain. I mean WTF!!!

Ixion

His biggest problem is how isolated he is sometimes but that is on the rest of the players and Mourinho.

JG3001

The guys looking at a 30 goal season here.

For all his in-game faults, I will be 100% behind the guy when the season ends and the next one begins.

Unmutual

That's just wrong.
Agreed. He may have had a quiet day yesterday, but his hold up play is generally exemplary, when he drops deep he can link up the play really cleverly and only Rooney has more league assists than him.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
He's banging in the goals yet people still complain... spoilt much? Have people forgotten the last few seasons?

Hawks2008

To be fair, our whole team was shite bar Fellaini, as long as he scores goals or gives assists I wont complain as that's his job.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The guys looking at a 30 goal season here.

For all his in-game faults, I will be 100% behind the guy when the season ends and the next one begins.
It's when you think Martial got 17 last year, and was by far out biggest threat, and Ibra is on, 18 is it now, by mid Jan that you see the difference.

Top scorer in the league on 14 now alongside Sanchez n Costa

Bwuk

I can see him hitting 40 goals this season. He, and the team will be a lot better in the second half of the season than the first.

I love Zlatan. It reminds me of RvP first season here, where when he had the ball you just expected him to score.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
There's something profoundly wrong with people picking apart Zlatan's game as if he could've done more when there are a handful of other players who could be doing far more. Zlatan is paid to score goals, and he does.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Of all the players in your side Zlatan is the least deserving of criticism imo. He has done his job very well.

RedMaestro

Poor all game? He barely received the ball all game. He was very isolated for most of the game. And he didnt drop deep today as he usually does, presumably due to Mourinho's instructions. Still created a chance for Mkhi though.

I am glad that he scored a great header from the one chance he did get. Loved the celebration too.
Couldn't have said it better myself!

If he is to be blamed for not getting a lot of chances then I simply don't understand this sport. He got at chance and scored. He even had a couple of "set ups" for his teammates so they could score. Let's not forget that this was also his first game after "illness" so he may also have not been a 100 percent in shape, which means he made an even better game than one should expect.

In the end it's pretty simple - people that don't appreciate Ibra want him to run up and down, non stop for 90+ min. Something that's unrealistic.
I love his way of playing, fantastic and hope he can continue contributing to the team in a good way even in the future.

RedMaestro

He's banging in the goals yet people still complain... spoilt much? Have people forgotten the last few seasons?
This makes me furious aswell. Ibra has always had "followers" that have constantly complained for reasons that can not be explained. This has also happened to him in the NT team not just in clubs. If he scores - why didn't he do a hat-trick, why no assists?

I'm sad that some people can't appreciate what an excellent player this is. I wonder if there are other players that seem to have unrealistical demands, despite of whatever they are doing in the game.

He's been great this season. The team needed a goalscorer and a leader and that is what he is giving. He is even second in the teams "assist league" and always offers something when the ball comes to him.

RedMaestro

This makes me furious aswell. Ibra has always had "followers" that have constantly complained for reasons that can not be explained. This has also happened to him in the NT team not just in clubs. If he scores - why didn't he do a hat-trick, why no assists?

I'm sad that some people can't appreciate what an excellent player this is. I wonder if there are other players that seem to have unrealistical demands, despite of whatever they are doing in the game.

He's been great this season. The team needed a goalscorer and a leader and that is what he is giving. He is even second in the teams "assist league" and always offers something when the ball comes to him.
About the game against Liverpool I think he did a good job. He did not seem to be fully fit, probably because of his illness, but he still played 90+ min and had a couple of good moments. One can not expect a single player to do everything in every match.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
When you're 21 and you land in France, when you begin to attract a lot of people and a lot of money around you, you need someone to keep you grounded in reality. For me that was Zlatan. I could put my trust in him.

For some time and ever since things aren't going great for us, I've heard some people say that there is a lack of leadership in the locker-room since Zlatan Ibrahimovic's departure. On the contrary, Zlatan taught us to become leaders! He's a player that improves every player that plays with him. At Paris, it was impressive to see him still train like an 18 years old.

Zlatan and I do not share the same temper. I like him a lot, but there are many ways to be a leader. When something is wrong, Zlatan calls it right away. You need someone like that in a locker-room, but you can't have twenty Ibrahimovic. Thiago Silva and Thiago Motta are different, for example.

There is a strong core in this team, we've known each other for 4 or 5 years and it's useful when a new player arrives. Zlatan Ibrahimovic did, and we still do it. We make the newcomers understand that at PSG, there is no margin of error. Some may arrive in France thinking that it is going to be easy, but it's not how it goes. It's a different football, but not easier. The club is making a lot of efforts and we can't remain third.

Since Zlatan is no longer here, we do not miss leaders, they are just different. But he also left us his way of thinking. And that is what we try to pass on to those that weren't there.

http://www.goal.com/fr/news/15652/e...atan-était-un-leader-mais-cette?ICID=PP_42815

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
It's going to suck if we don't win the PL while he's with us, if he continues to carry us next season like he has this he'll certainly deserve it

Just wonder how long he can go on because he doesn't look like someone who's about to drop off the pace

Roberto420

Contributed to 26 goals in 29 appearance`s the stats say it all, initially I was sceptical of his signing what with him being 35 but ive been proven completely wrong thankfully.My only worry is we are too reliant on him for goals which is hardly his fault, overall an excellent first half to his first half season lets hope he keeps it going cause we need him scoring and inking play up top

Surely hes been the bargain buy from the summer window too

roykeane19

Contributed to 26 goals in 29 appearance`s the stats say it all, initially I was sceptical of his signing what with him being 35 but ive been proven completely wrong thankfully.My only worry is we are too reliant on him for goals which is hardly his fault, overall an excellent first half to his first half season lets hope he keeps it going cause we need him scoring and inking play up top

Surely hes been the bargain buy from the summer window too
I agree with thsi totally, the rest of the team, need to really start chipping in, especially martial, and Miki. Would be nice if our CB`s got some goals, we havent had much goals from our CB`s in a long time(from set pieces)

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
"I think the pressure I have all around me is nothing compared to the pressure I put on myself. I really want to do, not perfect, more than perfect, every game, even in training. I’m not happy if I don’t win in training so imagine what it’s like in the games. That is the pressure I put on myself and so your pressure becomes like a kindergarten for me. My pressure is really high. I’m not satisfied if I get what I want. What I want is to win.” - Zlatan

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Godfather

Putting aside all the he doesn't contribute enough bs from some on here after him scoring the important equalizer against the scouse did some of you enjoy the passion he showed after he scored? He went absolutely nuts. All that with 35 years of age and having seen it all. True leader the lad

Marcelinho87

Putting aside all the he doesn't contribute enough bs from some on here after him scoring the important equalizer against the scouse did some of you enjoy the passion he showed after he scored? He went absolutely nuts. All that with 35 years of age and having seen it all. True leader the lad
It was brilliant, trying to get the crowd and players lifted.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
yeah, i just hate it when we have players who contribute nothing to the overall play except, you know, scoring all our goals.

it's a huge problem that needs addressing, because we can't have players stealing a living by exclusively scoring goals on this team.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
When this happened I really believed we could get the winner. I haven't seen a player in a long time try to bring the crowd to the pitch with that.

If only he scored the second goal.

What a leader he is and when he retires we must give him a role with Mourinho, maybe part of the back room staff.

You would never see anyone else bring this level of passion and belief in our squad and he's only been here for a few months!

When this happened I really believed we could get the winner. I haven't seen a player in a long time try to bring the crowd to the pitch with that.

If only he scored the second goal.

What a leader he is and when he retires we must give him a role with Mourinho, maybe part of the back room staff.

You would never see anyone else bring this level of passion and belief in our squad and he's only been here for a few months!
It's sometimes difficult to describe what a "winner" is, but feck me this guy is one.

RooneyLegend

His performance vs Liverpool is something he's done basically his whole career. Except he managed to score this time which wasn't always the case. In his old age his positioning and timing of movement is impeccable so he'll almost always get a chance through 90 mins. He however isn't one to get involved in the play throughout a match, he more or less plays in the right moments.

Stoke 1:1 Man Utd

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
He might have scored most of our goals this season but we need a young guy up top who is at his peak and can score goals and properly contribute even outside of goals. Even an option to just replace Zlatan when he isn't on fire would be nice.

Minimalist

He was decent. I often see him make nice lay off passes to a player that is standing static and it messes up everything. His passing stats can't not be effected by this.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
He was decent. I often see him make nice lay off passes to a player that is standing static and it messes up everything. His passing stats can't not be effected by this.
Ye, there was an instance he played it in behind and Rooney was just standing around rather than running in behind. Still, not a good performance in a team of under-performers.

Status
Not open for further replies.