Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Fantastic player. Goals win games, he scores goals. Assists makes goals, he does assists.

Just what we need. A physical presence that is a pain for defenders to deal with. A creative enough forward that creates chances for his team. An experienced striker that gets into great positions. A serial winner whose dedication to winning will rub off on our players. A leader on the pitch and dressing room that exudes confidence and swagger. A mentor for our younger talents to look up too. A mental strength that takes not shit from other players and referees. A technically brilliant player that does things most footballers wouldn't dream of.
Zlatan is that you?

RedMaestro

What did he write that wasn't true?
From what I understand - Ibra sometimes speaks in 3rd person and boasts, so the post was like that. But I can be wrong, since jokes, sarcasm and irony is hard to detect when you read it.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Part of me wants him to score more 17 tap ins, penalties and deflected free kicks, just for banter.
This thread will go into melt down.
How dare a MUFC player score so many "lucky" goals. BENCH HIM!!!

Zlatan is that you?
Everything he wrote was correct.
Only on the Caf would our most prolific goal scorer get criticised. Especially after scoring a hat-trick.

wr8_utd

:'(
They probably won't but it's the only explanation I can come up with. It's clear you do read the posts. Others I'm not sure. The number of posters coming in after the game to spew up the usual hate and agenda name calling was crazy. They can't possibly have read the posts that offended them so. Nothing in particular was said, there's nothing to be outraged at.
I really don't understand. There's no hatred towards Ibra. Barely anyone was super critical so I have no idea why people are complaining about people compalining.

Janson

They probably won't but it's the only explanation I can come up with. It's clear you do read the posts. Others I'm not sure. The number of posters coming in after the game to spew up the usual hate and agenda name calling was crazy. They can't possibly have read the posts that offended them so. Nothing in particular was said, there's nothing to be outraged at.
It's the same on both sides though, and it doesn't take much to escalate.

FattyFooty

He had 50 last year - so even if we consider the lesser defense quality in France, he should still be able to get 30 in England. At this rate, he may wind up with 30 by mid Feb, so at that point 40 may be possible, although I doubt he will reach Ronny's 42 or Ruud's 44.
Thats why i think hes so Fantastic. Hes actually going close to those two. Impressive. At first season. At the age of 35.

podurban2

Really hope he can get his link-up play to the heights where we know he can perform. Would dramatically increase our potential for top 4.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Better way to judge is which player has the highest rating. IIRC De Gea last season had around 7. So we are like GDS (Italian Paper) where 6 is good :D

Edit: Here are the player ratings

Schweinsteiger - 7.5
Valencia - 6.6
Mkhitaryan - 6.6
Bailly - 6.6
Carrick - 6.5
Romero - 6.4
Jones - 6.4
Herrera - 6.4
Mata - 6.3
De Gea - 6.3
Zlatan - 6.2
Pogba - 6.2
Shaw - 6.1
Rashford - 6
Martial - 6
Blind - 6
Rojo - 5.9
Smalling - 5.7
Lingard - 5.6
Fellaini - 5.6
Darmian - 5.5
Young - 5.4
Rooney - 5.4
Schweinsteiger 7.5! :confused:

FattyFooty

Right .. so .. taking a post 20 minutes into the 2nd half before he scores a tap in and a penalty .. and making it look like a shocking post? Well done.

Do you think he performed well tonight? A deflected goal, a tap in after some great work from Rashford, and a penalty, that admittedly he won.
I know that Zlatan scored 50 last year. Hes at 23 now, and i seen enugh football to know that even if great players are having a bad day, they suddenly bite.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Damn some of you need to grow a pair, or a sense of humor. The "Zlatan is that you?" was not because I necessarily disagree with what he said, but bc it sounds like the man himself would say about himself.

Also if it were criticism : no player is perfect and last I checked folks can still express their opinions, even if you disagree. The thread isn't called "praise Zlatan God, or repent"

podurban2

But @podurban2... if "some people" gave him a 10, in a game when the majority would obviously have given him a 7.5... his season rating would be higher than a 7.5 would it not?
Ok. I don't think it was a 7.5 performance, otherwise he'd be starting by now. I maintain that some people gave him a higher rating than was warranted because they find satisfaction in seeing Basti score for us. Anyway, back to Zlatan. :)

Ok. I don't think it was a 7.5 performance, otherwise he'd be starting by now. I maintain that some people gave him a higher rating than was warranted because they find satisfaction in seeing Basti score for us. Anyway, back to Zlatan. :)
He scored & assisted and we won 4-0, that's a guranteed 7.5 for any player in any game. What are you on about?

Also @podurban2

http://m.goal.com/s/en-gb/match/manchester-united-vs-wigan-athletic/2392766/ratings

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2017/01/29/man-united-4-0-wigan-player-ratings-martial-gets-a-9/

http://www.squawka.com/news/player-.../890166#!squawka-gallery-1/890409/5/Basti.jpg

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....layer-ratings-Wigan-FA-Cup-sportgalleries/amp

So if anything, his average rating on here was LOW! Zlatan's average for the season tells you all you need to know about how "harshly" the caf rates players.

Last edited:

podurban2

He scored & assisted and we won 4-0, that's a guranteed 7.5 for any player in any game. What are you on about?

Also @podurban2

http://m.goal.com/s/en-gb/match/manchester-united-vs-wigan-athletic/2392766/ratings

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2017/01/29/man-united-4-0-wigan-player-ratings-martial-gets-a-9/

http://www.squawka.com/news/player-.../890166#!squawka-gallery-1/890409/5/Basti.jpg

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....layer-ratings-Wigan-FA-Cup-sportgalleries/amp

So if anything, his average rating on here was LOW! Zlatan's average for the season tells you all you need to know about how "harshly" the caf rates players.
I was surprised when I saw what a high rating he received from the game. I then assumed that was because some people overrated his performance. And yes, the harsh rating of players on here is considered in that thought process (7.5 is extremely high on here). Let's get back on topic now.

SecondFig

@Kag @SecondFig @CallMeV @JohnnyKills @Raees etc...

Football365 had Zlatan as a "winner" this weekend, go figure.

At least some appreciate him even if not a load of his own fans.
Slow reply, but I do appreciate him - massively. I love Zlatan, he's the closest player I've seen to Eric since, well, Eric. His arrogance and confience are fantastic, as is his goal scoring.

What frustrates me is that he still has poor games, and yet you can guarantee he won't be taken off - instead it's the same sodding substitutions every week... To be fair, I'm probably less annoyed by Zlatan playing poorly every now and again, and more annoyed that Mourinho makes the same sodding substitutions week in week out when we're winning.

Red Stone

30+ goals for the season easy. Probably close to 35 if he doesn't hit another rough patch. Crazy.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He's a machine. Such a calm finish. 24 and counting I believe?

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
He was invisible for the first 60 mins though. He can't keep scoring goals to mask these performances

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
Fantastic run, great finish. Also what a pass by Pogba.

Status
Not open for further replies.