Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
I've watched the vid, he calls Messi a leader and a genius, am I missing something?
Yes, that @SirAF was saying how Zlatan hates/dislikes Messi and somehow that clouds my judgement.

EDIT: Is everyone's sarcasm meter so broken? Do I have to point out with an obvious /s after each line? Point is I don't have to like your new toys, players what you value may not feel same for me. Whether you like it or not, I don't value him much. As simple as this.

Last edited:

Kostur

海尔的老板
Yes, that @SirAF was saying how Zlatan hates/dislikes Messi and somehow that clouds my judgement.

EDIT: Is everyone's sarcasm meter so broken? Do I have to point out with an obvious /s after each line? Point is I don't have to like your new toys, players what you value may not feel same for me. Whether you like it or not, I don't value him much. As simple as this.
No no no, it's not broken, it's just you who gets triggered every single time Barcelona comes up so people just don't know anymore.

Zlatan should've just called him a little tax-evading genius imo.

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
No no no, it's not broken, it's just you who gets triggered every single time Barcelona comes up so people just don't know anymore.

Zlatan should've just called him a little tax-evading genius imo.
You can keep bringing Messi in a Ibra thread as much as you like. At the end of the day, he is a 35 yr old spent player. Have fun when you see him wearing invisible cloak when you play against tough opposition. Won't be the first time.

Kostur

海尔的老板
You can keep bringing Messi in a Ibra thread as much as you like. At the end of the day, he is a 35 yr old spent player. Have fun when you see him wearing invisible cloak when you play against tough opposition. Won't be the first time.
Those digs are silly, I could as well say that atleast we won't see him choking in penalties and then having a mental breakdown quitting his NT because he isn't an absolute pussy or a tax-evading fraud, but I won't do that.

As for disappearing in bigger games, sure, if that happens it will be alright as we've had problems with smaller teams who we couldn't open up or finish off, we were doing rather fine against top opposition last season.

hubbuh

Big congrats to you for regurgitating the same old nonsense our rival opps have been spewing since the day he arrived. It's obvious you desperately want him to fail and it's pathetic.

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
Those digs are silly, I could as well say that atleast we won't see him choking in penalties and then having a mental breakdown quitting his NT because he isn't an absolute pussy or a tax-evading fraud, but I won't do that.

As for disappearing in bigger games, sure, if that happens it will be alright as we've had problems with smaller teams who we couldn't open up or finish off, we were doing rather fine against top opposition last season.
Digs? As if I somehow made up his age. Whatever, I am out as people are more interested to talk about Messi/Barca rather than Ibra in this thread.

podurban2

Digs? As if I somehow made up his age. Whatever, I am out as people are more interested to talk about Messi/Barca rather than Ibra in this thread.
Difficult to sense your sarcasm when you seem butthurt in most of your posts. Anyway, doesn't matter if Zlatan doesn't show up against big teams, what matters most right now is how many points he contributes throughout a season in the league.

jungledrums

That was comfortably the worst display of 'sarcasm' I have ever witnessed, ever. Perhaps when you're the only one that gets your 'clever' little joke, you are indeed the crazy one.

Z_Wolf

You are just bitter because we bullied both Barca and Real for Pogba. Enjoy Neymar while you have him because Woody is coming for him with a bid so big that will make barca officials squirt

Dobbs

As for disappearing in bigger games, sure, if that happens it will be alright
Anyway, doesn't matter if Zlatan doesn't show up against big teams
Seen this a lot. When did it become OK to not turn up against the big teams?

No top player including Zlatan would agree with this. The big players are all about pivotal moments in the big games.

Kostur

海尔的老板

No top player including Zlatan would agree with this. The big players are all about pivotal moments in the big games.
I pretty much explained why it would be 'okay' in the rest of my post, no idea why you had to cut it.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG

Last season, who was brilliant in the 'small games'? :wenger:

And if you want to participate in the title race, can't we say the last game was a 'big game' (victory away)?

After all, a game can't bring more than 3 points whatever the quality of the opponent.

Martial_Law

Top chap, glad he has joined us. I see no negative from having him around ,especially with Jose in town. The man is brilliant and we should embrace the 2 seasons he here is for. Stick your negativity up your arse ;)

SirAF

Ageist

And if you want to participate in the title race, can't we say the last game was a 'big game' (victory away)?

After all, a game can't bring more than 3 points whatever the quality of the opponent.
Absolutely. It's obviously important to do well and to win the "big" matches too - but it's well established that the perfect recipe for winning the PL is to steamroll the lesser and medium opposition and avoid losing against the big boys.

Sparky10Legend

If you dont think a victory away from home in PL is a big game you dont understand the PL. Period.

Revan

Assumptionman
There was nothing wrong with his best 11. Maybe you wanted all the Barca players in but that doesn't work like that. By far Barca players were Messi, Xavi, Iniesta and he named them all. Only debatable player is Maxwell.

Also don't what was the disturbing comments about Messi. He called him Genius and leader, maybe he should have called him student of the game?
There is nothing wrong with it, bar Zambrotta instead of Maxwell, but every other position is spot on.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I need to see Ibra vs Andy Carroll in the box, either end. Popcorn will be brought.
I prefer to see Ibra vs Arnautovic

Useless to say Arnautovic is a big fan of Zlatan? :)

And while the 26-year-old admits he does model himself on ‘Zlatan’, he insists
it’s impossible to make a comparison.

Arnautovic said: “He (Ibrahimovic) has always been important to me.

“I copy many things from him. But you cannot make a comparison.

“He has achieved much more than I have and he is capable of doing things that
I could only imagine.”
https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/f...-comparisons-and-problems-with-jose-mourinho/

Dobbs

I pretty much explained why it would be 'okay' in the rest of my post, no idea why you had to cut it.
OK I'll rephrase. When did it become OK to do nothing in the big games just because you've done well in the smaller games?

I don't recall any top player saying this. Indeed if you put this argument to Zlatan I'm sure he'd disagree. Big players love the big moments.

Nobody was brilliant in anything last year. I just find it strange that some are happy for us to flunk the big games. Firstly it's going to be a tight league, all points are crucial. Secondly the big games against the top four are where the excitement is. Surely you'd want to compete?

You sign a player with a big rep for massive wages. That guy should be expected to perform no matter the opposition. The player himself would demand that.

Kostur

海尔的老板
OK I'll rephrase. When did it become OK to do nothing in the big games just because you've done well in the smaller games?

I don't recall any top player saying this. Indeed if you put this argument to Zlatan I'm sure he'd disagree. Big players love the big moments.
I'm not really looking from players' mind perspective but from team perspective. Last year we've struggled against potentially 'weaker' opposition and had good games against the top dogs, hence I don't really care if Zlatan underperforms against top sides as long as he helps us finishing the minnows.

Zlatan can feel bad about such scenario, should it happen, all he wants but I really couldn't care less as we've proved that we can perform well against top sides without his moments of brilliance or whatever.

JohnnyLaw

He scored vs both Chelsea and City just last year. He's fecked Arsenal off on more than one occasion, and killed off Leceister just a couple of weeks ago.. Why is this discussion about 'big games' being held at all?

Dobbs

I'm not really looking from players' mind perspective but from team perspective. Last year we've struggled against potentially 'weaker' opposition and had good games against the top dogs, hence I don't really care if Zlatan underperforms against top sides as long as he helps us finishing the minnows.

Zlatan can feel bad about such scenario, should it happen, all he wants but I really couldn't care less as we've proved that we can perform well against top sides without his moments of brilliance or whatever.
Big assumption here that because we did well against the top teams last season we'll naturally do it again this year.

Like I said no top player or manager will go into games with that mentality. So not sure why a fan would do either.

He scored vs both Chelsea and City just last year. He's fecked Arsenal off on more than one occasion, and killed off Leceister just a couple of weeks ago.. Why is this discussion about 'big games' being held at all?
Yeah exactly. Why are we already saying it's OK for him to flunk the big games? He might do really well.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Big assumption here that because we did well against the top teams last season we'll naturally do it again this year.

Like I said no top player or manager will go into games with that mentality. So not sure why a fan would do either.
I'm pretty sure that he won't go in the game with such attitude but we're discussing here a scenario where we take for granted that he'll disappear or whatever in big games. And in this case, again, I won't pay much attention to likes of Clariion trying to use it as a beating stick as long as he finishes off the smaller teams.

Dobbs

I'm pretty sure that he won't go in the game with such attitude but we're discussing here a scenario where we take for granted that he'll disappear or whatever in big games. And in this case, again, I won't pay much attention to likes of Clariion trying to use it as a beating stick as long as he finishes off the smaller teams.
A big player not performing in the big games would justifiably be criticised in my opinion. Goes for Zlatan but also Pogba, De Gea, Smalling etc.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
A big player not performing in the big games would justifiably be criticised in my opinion. Goes for Zlatan but also Pogba, De Gea, Smalling etc.
What if he scored 30 goals this season and we won the league but he didn't manage one against any of the top 4 would that still be cause for criticism?

podurban2

Yes of course, but Zlatan hasn't played a big game in a United shirt yet. Clariion is exaggerating his performances against big teams, but he has arguably not been great (same has been said about players such as Ronaldo). Point is even though Zlatan doesn't score a hat-trick against Liverpool, he may still be the difference we need in order to win the league title.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
What if he scored 30 goals this season and we won the league but he didn't manage one against any of the top 4 would that still be cause for criticism?
It terms of Ballon D'Or votes, for example, it would've been. If he scores 30 goals without scoring against the big boys league-wise no one will criticize him - look at Suarez's last Liverpool season

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
It terms of Ballon D'Or votes, for example, it would've been. If he scores 30 goals without scoring against the big boys league-wise no one will criticize him - look at Suarez's last Liverpool season
Yeh I agree but frankly as a club we shouldn't worry about individual rewards because it's all about the ultimate goal of having a winning team. If Ibrahimovic dispatches the smaller teams then I'm confident that our other players can step up and score in the others.

Dobbs

It's not necessarily about scoring. If he plays well against the top four and doesn't score I'd be cool with that.

I think it would be very difficult to win the league if every time you came up against one of the bigger teams your No.9 disappeared. Certainly you'd struggle in the cups as well.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Nobody was brilliant in anything last year. I just find it strange that some are happy for us to flunk the big games. Firstly it's going to be a tight league, all points are crucial. Secondly the big games against the top four are where the excitement is. Surely you'd want to compete?

You sign a player with a big rep for massive wages. That guy should be expected to perform no matter the opposition. The player himself would demand that.
Last season, he scored with PSG in the 'big games': French League, Cups, Champions League (City, Chelsea...).
Last season, he scored with Sweden in some 'big games': for example against Denmark (Euro 2016 qualifiers: the winner of the double confrontation Denmark-Sweden had the right to be part of the Euro).

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/nov/17/denmark-sweden-euro-2016-play-off-match-report

Euro 2016: Zlatan did nothing because he was exhausted given his age (more than 60 games last season) and we can't say his team-mates are world-class players.

Dobbs

Last season, he scored with PSG in the 'big games': French League, Cups, Champions League (City, Chelsea...).
Last season, he scored with Sweden in some 'big games': for example against Denmark (Euro 2016 qualifiers: the winner of the double confrontation Denmark-Sweden had the right to be part of the Euro).

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/nov/17/denmark-sweden-euro-2016-play-off-match-report

Euro 2016: Zlatan did nothing because he was exhausted given his age (more than 60 games last season) and we can't say his team-mates are world-class players.
All true and I'm not arguing he won't do well against the top teams.

I'm disagreeing with those who already seem to be lining up the excuses i.e. it's OK to be rubbish against the top four because he did well against Bournemouth, Hull and Palace.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
You are just bitter because we bullied both Barca and Real for Pogba. Enjoy Neymar while you have him because Woody is coming for him with a bid so big that will make barca officials squirt
The Barca officials will be giggling like teenage girls when E.Woodward gets in touch with them, regarding Neymar. :lol:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It's not necessarily about scoring. If he plays well against the top four and doesn't score I'd be cool with that.

I think it would be very difficult to win the league if every time you came up against one of the bigger teams your No.9 disappeared. Certainly you'd struggle in the cups as well.
Well the last 2 seasons with Van Gaal we had a pretty great record against the best teams, despite not really having a good striker at the club.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Looks like he will almost definitely stay 2 seasons. Think that's perfect. He's class right now and will be all season, while next season by the end of it you think Rashford would have learned a lot and would maybe be ready to take over. Great to have him here though.

Status
Not open for further replies.