Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
He has performed dismally and I think he will struggle to adapt especially when games start to come think and fast in Dec/Jan. For all the stick Rooney is getting he has actually done much better than Ibra (goals aside) and thats how he has been dismal. Our slow build ups dont help him. Fells like there isnt much difference between LvG and Mourinho

Rashford is the answer
:lol::lol:

Are you for real? Zlatan has 4 goals in 5 starts, i'd say that's a pretty damn good return for a striker in a new club and a new league. Besides it's not like we have flooded him with good chances and hes been scoring easy tap ins, the goals he have scored have been class

Has he been magnificent? No, but did people think we could stick him up top in a side who (until recently at least) has been utterly dysfunctional going forward and expect all our problems to be solved? We are still finding our feet and im confident him and Pogba will come good once we do that.

Rashford and Martial are both very special talents and it's important to blood them, but to put all our faith in two youngsters is unwise imo.

RedCurry

He needs to quickly realize that in PL teams close you down much quicker whether you're receiving a pass or making a pass.

Manny

Grammar Police
People actually slagging of Zlatan now? He was poor against Hull and City but he was fine yesterday.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Apart from the fact he's scored all of our goals, his old up play has been excellent (even at Watford), his run against Watford made the goal, his presence gives others time, the fact he can control a football, he's a leader who its clear people look up to, apart from all of that, he's been just like Rooney.

I know a high percentage don't go to the game but the more I read on here I am starting to thing the majority don't even watch on TV. This thread wants closing and the simpleton that thinks Rooney has been better than Zlatan should be sent back to the Newbies.

In my humble opinion. Ban me if you want but I quite honestly have never read so much sh1t in one thread than this
I think a lot of people had already made up their minds on Ibra before he joined and they have been looking for negatives in his play.

He has done really well so far, new player still settling in a new league in a very disjointed team. I think Ibra and Rashford can form a very good partnership, we saw a bit of it against Watford. Hope Mou gives them a chance to develop it more

wr8_utd

:'(
Why do people make excuses for Zlatan? I am happy with him starting but it's pretty true that goals apart he really has been poor. His touch, passing, linkup play have all been mediocre. He's scoring though and hence deserves to keep his place but he's not been anywhere close to good in terms of his overall play.

SirAF

Ageist
I think a lot of people had already made up their minds on Ibra before he joined and they have been looking for negatives in his play.

He has done really well so far, new player still settling in a new league in a very disjointed team. I think Ibra and Rashford can form a very good partnership, we saw a bit of it against Watford. Hope Mou gives them a chance to develop it more
I'd love to see Ibra just a touch behind Rashford.

Handré1990

Apart from the fact he's scored all of our goals, his old up play has been excellent (even at Watford), his run against Watford made the goal, his presence gives others time, the fact he can control a football, he's a leader who its clear people look up to, apart from all of that, he's been just like Rooney.

I know a high percentage don't go to the game but the more I read on here I am starting to thing the majority don't even watch on TV. This thread wants closing and the simpleton that thinks Rooney has been better than Zlatan should be sent back to the Newbies.

In my humble opinion. Ban me if you want but I quite honestly have never read so much sh1t in one thread than this
A couple of his goals came from what was, basically, his first and only real chance in games (Leicester and Southampton). How is it Zlatan's fault that we can't create chances for him to finish? What do people want from a striker? The stats that @Downcast posted should be enough in itself to shut people on here up for at least half a season. He's a new player playing in what is still a dysfunctional team. Anything to pardon Sir Wayne I guess.

jojose

definatley

addo

This thread is abyssmal.. people saying Rooney's been better than Zlatan.. Jesus.. is this a footballing thread?

The new guy comes from a team built around competing for CL to a new league and a new team, a United thats been held out of top four and after 5 games the new guy has scored 4 goals out of his new teams total of 6.. And he is the reason United is not leading the PL??

Get a grip noobs..

podurban2

He has performed dismally and I think he will struggle to adapt especially when games start to come think and fast in Dec/Jan. For all the stick Rooney is getting he has actually done much better than Ibra (goals aside) and thats how he has been dismal. Our slow build ups dont help him. Fells like there isnt much difference between LvG and Mourinho

Rashford is the answer
What?

First of all, no, Rooney has not been better than Ibra.

Second of all, Mourinho has failed in bringing out the best out of Ibra. He should be played with two pacey players who run in front of him. It was said before he joined, he is no longer a true #9, he needs pace around him that's when you get the best out of him. When he receives the ball and can look ahead of him and see players running, that has not been the case with Roo taking up that role and stinking the place up.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
His best performance even without a goal. His link up play is sensational.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Fantastic performance so far. Highly disruptive which is allowing space for others to score. Hope he gets one in the 2nd.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Despite the lack of goals he's been much better today like most of the team. A great fulcrum when he has this kind of movement around him.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
I wish that he scored that goal from Pogba's chipped pass. That would have been jizz worthy.

Silas

Although he hasn't scored, his positioning has been top class all game.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
His passing and overall play is so much sharper today.
Finally he's playing up to his standards.

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
Good movement today. But i'm not a fan of his all round game so far this season. We lack a focal point with him on the pitch and his link up before today has been poor, he's too slow and sluggish with it.

Raw

Despite not having a hand in any of the goals, I thought he looked very good today. Very involved in our play and was unlucky not to get a goal.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
His movement was great today but I think the most important thing was his body language.

The way he was applauding and encouraging Rashford, Pogba and etc was brilliant.

Also dragging away Morgan at the corners was important.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
His aerial presence was excellent as well, always a nuisance for opposition defenders even when not scoring.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Unlucky not to score today, was class I thought. That one turn and volley after pogbas pass was so unlucky

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Beat last year's champs 4-1, with your main striker not being amongst the goals.

Things are looking up

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I have rarely seen him work so hard off the ball, to put defenders under pressure, to make runs in behind, to tackle, to fight for the ball.
@JPRouve : I don't remember him playing like that for PSG. Do you ?

Devil may care

Very good performance, looked much more like himself with that space to drop into and act as a pivot for the attack.

Rajma

Thought it was his best game for us.
His all round game was fantastic today apart from finishing, made some fantastic runs, was very sharp with his passing and worked really hard which came as a nice surprise for me

ExoduS

Very solid game. Shame that great opportunity wasn't a goal. Everything was perfect except final shot. Ibra is great so far. Hopefully link ups and his level increase because this is not his maximum.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
His link up play is so good, very good performance from him today.

That swivel & volley would have been a stupendous goal if he'd pulled it off.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
His link up play is so good, very good performance from him today.

That swivel & volley would have been a stupendous goal if he'd pulled it off.
Saw some people saying "he should have scored that" in the match thread. Like it was some easy tap-in :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.