5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

wc18

Anyone advocating Ibra starting over Lukaku at this point in time is either not smart or just an Ibra lover who thinks he's the same guy as last year.

He's looked so painfully off the pace when he's come on. He's literally created one chance against city and people site that as a reason to start him lol. He should play a couple of u23 games to get his match fitness and sharpness up. Otherwise if Lukaku needs resting martial/rashford can handle it for now.

Reactions: Penna

SwedishFish

Not the greatest source tbh.

Although I must say that the scarce playing time Zlatan has been getting suggests that he's quite a long way off starting a game.

Still, hope it's just a case of him being settled in slowly, he's still got qualities that are missed in the team.

He didn't do much against City, but the one chance he set up I don't think anyone else in the team can do.

We should give him to mid-January at least before passing any judgement on what he can do for the squad.

I'd be gutted if it ends like this tbh. He deserves a better end to his brilliant career.

Z2United

Supports
Team Zlatan

Although I must say that the scarce playing time Zlatan has been getting suggests that he's quite a long way off starting a game.

Still, hope it's just a case of him being settled in slowly, he's still got qualities that are missed in the team.

He didn't do much against City, but the one chance he set up I don't think anyone else in the team can do.

We should give him to mid-January at least before passing any judgement on what he can do for the squad.

I'd be gutted if it ends like this tbh. He deserves a better end to his brilliant career.
Yeah i read that. Oh dear, I'm hoping its just the sun beeing the sun.

But it would make a lot of sense that his rehabilition is not going quite as fast as one would first have hoped when he made such an early match appearance not long ago. Just dont think he would be on the bench as much as he have if everything was going well thus far. He is simply not ready just yet.

On a positive note that may be just what Rom needs, time that is, in order to come back to form and perhaps be excited about a new attacking partner with ibra returning after xmas instead of feeling that ibra is breathing down his neck for that 1 spot when he himself is having a difficult spell. Lets hope for the best.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sparky Rhiwabon

Starting to look like a case of "never go back"

Plus, Jose said he wouldn't need to buy a striker in January cos of Ibra coming back - wonder if he's now reconsidering this?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I do hope there is no actual basis for that article. It doesn't provide much exactly, namely that he's not scored in his total 73 mins off the bench.

I guess we'll know more tonight how far along he is in his recovery. If he doesn't at least get 30 minutes then there's a long way to go still.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Too early to write of a player like Zlatan, he's not one to run around anyway so while yes he didn't do anything when he came on v City what were people really expecting?

Andersons Dietician

The pass to Mata?

Z2United

Supports
Team Zlatan
Don't think he will start tonight (tho I'm happily wrong about that) but it would be great to c him for 45 or so.
He needs the minutes to get going. Id also prefer him to come on before the game is won, yeah i guess I'm optimistic about this one, to c him play with us still wanting and needing a goal instead of just playing the game off which most of his minutes so far have been like.

Last edited:

JMack1234

I a bona-fide Ibra fan boy, he's the player on the back of my shirt this season but i'm worried. He's done fantastic to come back from the injury but he's looked an absolute mile off in all his appearances so far. Okay, I know it's a massive injury but it's one thing coming back from an injury but another thing entirely being the same he was.

Hopefully he'll a bag or two or if Jesus smiles on us 3 and people will be quoting this post for comic value and we'll talking about how Ibra is back in business. Here's hoping. ....

Kapardin

Don't expect him to do much. This game is probably for him to get used to playing the 90 minutes and sharpening his skills. I expect Martial, Rashford or Pogba to score and do much of the attacking, but Ibra will probably improve as he gets more game time.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
It’s miraculous as it is that he’s returned so fast, people need to give him time to get used to being on the pitch again after an injury like that. Doubt they will though.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Looks very rusty at the moment. Gets the ball and doesn't seem to know what to do. Just waits and waits.

Toad

No surprise. Needs some minutes to get back in form, perfect game for that.

Andersons Dietician

Hopefully Jose will do him a favour and hook him at half time because this is bad... 45 mins would be a good run out tho. Saying that he had lots of absolutely horrible performances last year and he’d still grab a goal or 2.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I don't think he'll get anything close to the level he was at before. I know how much of a struggle it is getting back to trusting your knee after ACL surgery. Not only the mental aspect but getting what little bit of explosiveness he had back and quick movements/agility and all that. He's 36 anyway. Even without the injury, I doubt he'd be much use beyond this season. With the injury... this season is mostly for him and not him benefitting us.

Bubz27

I'm not writing him off yet. A 26 year old coming back from 8 months would take more than a few minutes to get back to form.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He just doesn't seem to shoot with any accuracy or power anymore.
That was the case last season too, so I doubt it'll get any better after this injury. Really poor today all around.

Rajma

Hopefully Jose will do him a favour and hook him at half time because this is bad... 45 mins would be a good run out tho. Saying that he had lots of absolutely horrible performances last year and he’d still grab a goal or 2.
He never was anything close to that he shown this half last year.

Can't fault the guy but that was just sad to watch.

King.of.Red

shit performance. so bad it's like I dont know is that he really Ibra? hopefully he will be back to his last season performance sooner.

YankeeDevilDandy

There is nothing left in the tank at this point. Best case scenario for him is he gets a lot more appearances in the spring to work himself back into some sort of form. But who pays the price while a 36 year old coming off reconstructive knee surgery tries to work himself into shape? Manchester United does. I get that he has locker room intangibles that are good for morale, etc. but he is showing today that he is not going to be able to contribute meaningfully on the field this year.

I pray Jose pulls him off at halftime and moves Rashford up top, plug Mkhi into the midfield and let's go.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Don't expect him to do much. This game is probably for him to get used to playing the 90 minutes and sharpening his skills. I expect Martial, Rashford or Pogba to score and do much of the attacking, but Ibra will probably improve as he gets more game time.
Not too many people took your advice in the match day thread. It's great that we can give him some minutes to get back sharpness. Hope he lasts at least until the 60min mark and then place Rashford up top and give Rom a complete rest for a change.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Feels like the Falcao scenario. His core isn’t right.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
He's had a few chances to shoot (in the 20 mins I caught of the first half) and just dithered instead of pulling the trigger. Ended up giving possession away.

Obviously he's rusty, but I just don't see this guy as the future. I'd rather see Rashford as the 9, or Martial.

Just don't really see what Ibrahimovic is gonna bring to this campaign if I'm honest...

I'm glad we've been decent to him, but we need players on their game, and at their peak - or approaching their peak.

I'd love to see him play on, but if I'm honest, I'd prefer for it to be elsewhere.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
He looks like he did last season. If he notches it's the equivalent of most of his better days last year.
This is revisionism at its finest. Ibrahimovic was regulary our best player in loads of games last season. He started to look poorer at the end of last season when he was clearly overplayed.

That being said he looks shocking tonight and just nowhere near ready. I really hope he can find his form because I still think he could be vital at the business end of the season.

Dinghy

It was always a bit pointless giving a 36-year old a new contract, having him back in the middle of the season after a long-term injury. We clearly can't afford to give him the games he needs to play himself in to some form.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'm not writing him off yet. A 26 year old coming back from 8 months would take more than a few minutes to get back to form.
Yeah a 26 year old coming back from that injury can come back to playing football after 8-9 months, but won't look himself until about a year if not a little more. 36 year old Ibra? Not gonna happen. Great that he's come back and he'll obviously improve from this right now, but he'll never be as good as he was before surgery, where he was declining because of age anyway.

Paul_Scholes18

Hope he can come back strong, but I start to doubt it. Annoying, but yeah this is not good enough really.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Feels like the Falcao scenario. His core isn’t right.
You mean his body core? He doesn't seem as strong or 'lion' like - lost alot of Strengh whilst being out?

And if that's the case, that will take him rest of the season to put back on.

Bubz27

Yeah a 26 year old coming back from that injury can come back to playing football after 8-9 months, but won't look himself until about a year if not a little more. 36 year old Ibra? Not gonna happen. Great that he's come back and he'll obviously improve from this right now, but he'll never be as good as he was before surgery, where he was declining because of age anyway.
Ibra isn't a normal 36 year old. I'll admit it isn't promising, and I don't expect him to reach last season's level again, but not writing him off completely yet.

Injury or not, I wouldn't expect him beyond this season anyway.

Treble

He needs games to hit form but we can't afford to give him much playing time.

Status
Not open for further replies.