5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trizy

''ericbailly24: Feeling good after today’s training session. Too bad I’m surrounded by these guys''

Zlatan and Bailey back training. Brilliant!

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Bailly is hilarious, as is Zlatan :lol:
To be fair, it's a bit too easy to be funny as a football pro in a big club. There's just so much potential for trolling since you are expected to behave by the rules.

Can you imagine a regular Joe posting a simillar pic with 2 friends on instagram saying "feeling good today, too bad I'm surrounded by these two guys". Yep not funny at all.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
To be fair, it's a bit too easy to be funny as a football pro in a big club. There's just so much potential for trolling since you are expected to behave by the rules.

Can you imagine a regular Joe posting a simillar pic with 2 friends on instagram saying "feeling good today, too bad I'm surrounded by these two guys". Yep not funny at all.
It'd be funny to the people who know them, so does it matter?

stepic

I know what you mean but in a world where Michael Owen, Alan Shearer, Ryan Giggs, and a host of lesser players with a personality of a brick are your contemporaries, any semblance of personality or humour is seized upon. This is why the likes of Ian Wright gets a post playing career despite being a bit shit

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
I know what you mean but in a world where Michael Owen, Alan Shearer, Ryan Giggs, and a host of lesser players with a personality of a brick are your contemporaries, any semblance of personality or humour is seized upon. This is why the likes of Ian Wright gets a post playing career despite being a bit shit
Absolutely, but I find Owen's and Giggsy personality to be funny precisely because of that.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Little segment of the new Zlatan/Henry interview.

Talks about how signing Lukaku has given United's attack variety and how he's not rushing to come back because of how well Lukaku is doing.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
This is why the likes of Ian Wright gets a post playing career despite being a bit shit
Ian Wright was not shit.
I am 43 years of age and I watched him throughout his Arsenal career.
The guy could score goals off of very few chances.

stepic

Ian Wright was not shit.
I am 43 years of age and I watched him throughout his Arsenal career.
The guy could score goals off of very few chances.
I don't mean playing ability, I mean his punditry. He's not that great at it technically by he's a character and has personality which goes far.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Should be used as a #10 instead of the two passengers we have there now. Zlatan always loved to drop deep anyway, and unlike Mkhi and Mata it takes more than a little shoulder barge to take the ball off him.

JohnnyLaw

Should be used as a #10 instead of the two passengers we have there now. Zlatan always loved to drop deep anyway, and unlike Mkhi and Mata it takes more than a little shoulder barge to take the ball off him.
I doubt it. With the way we set up we need a ball carrier to be the catalyst for our transitions. With Zlatan in a number ten position Lukaku will become even more isolated than he's already looked. That's also why we won't see Mata there either. If they were to play together it'd be as a pairing with Zlatan, as you say, dropping deep to hold the up ball and Lukaku making runs.

el3mel

I doubt it. With the way we set up we need a ball carrier to be the catalyst for our transitions. With Zlatan in a number ten position Lukaku will become even more isolated than he's already looked. That's also why we won't see Mata there either. If they were to play together it'd be as a pairing with Zlatan, as you say, dropping deep to hold the up ball and Lukaku making runs.
Pogba can be the ball carrier, though.

Beaucoup

Fellaini posted a clip of Ibrahimovic doing agility and finishing drills on his Instagram story a short while ago.

His return is almost upon us. :devil:
Saw him training on his own at Carrington today

el3mel

Not while playing as deep as he is.
Can see Pogba charging forward while Zlatan dropping deep and vice verse.

Also I think If we play Zlatan as number 10, we'll still play Mikhi as a right forward anyway.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
3-5-2 would be a way of allowing Zlat n Lukaku to form the most heavyweight strike combo seen inn decades, with even the option of having Pogba/Fellaini/Matic in there, or Pogba/Matic, still with a Mhky off the front 2.

Big problem is how would Rashford and Martial fit in.

For the lesser teams at home, we could probably get away with the current formation with Zlat instead of a Number 10, even having the front 2.

Will be interesting either way.

JohnnyLaw

Can see Pogba charging forward while Zlatan dropping deep and vice verse.

Also I think If we play Zlatan as number 10, we'll still play Mikhi as a right forward anyway.
The problem is that with Pogba playing as deep as he is there's no way that he can move up the field quickly enough to create the numerical advantages that we aim to do when we counter-attack. It would give the opposition ample time to transition back into defence.

el3mel

The problem is that with Pogba playing as deep as he is there's no way that he can move up the field quickly enough to create the numerical advantages that we aim to do when we counter-attack. It would give the opposition ample time to transition back into defence.
Pogba is playing deep but not "that" deep to prevent him carrying the ball forward quickly imo. Our shape on the field can change to 4-1-4-1 when attacking with both Pogba and Zlatan behind the striker and Matic staying back to shut off the counters.

I think it's worth a try against any parked bus team, then we can see how it'll go on.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
I`m thinking he will be our number 10 when he gets back. Not ideal but what else can be done? Our creativity is gone.

Antonedwin

I`m thinking he will be our number 10 when he gets back. Not ideal but what else can be done? Our creativity is gone.
better than every option we have at the moment, at least he isn't someone who anyone can bully off the ball easily like our other 10 , and also a better passer, he could be our sheringham or dwight yorke back then, helping our 9

Yagami

Good post resistant
Zlatan is easily dispossessed, too, and would leave us incredibly exposed as he doesn't do anything defensively. He'd be better than Mkhi, but I don't think he'd be that good.

Still, it'll be nice to see him back.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Zlatan is easily dispossessed, too, and would leave us incredibly exposed as he doesn't do anything defensively. He'd be better than Mkhi, but I don't think he'd be that good.

Still, it'll be nice to see him back.
I don't think it's easy to dispossess Ibra, but we shall wait and see.
He should be back in a few weeks.

Eddy_JukeZ

He would have broken Rooney's highest goal Talley in a season of 34 goals if he was fit all season.
Definitely would have.

I think Jose overplayed him too. Should have rested him a few more times.

Status
Not open for further replies.