Zlatan Ibrahimovic |United Player | See the thread in the United Forum

Should we sign Ibra on a free this summer ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Blund

Zlatan did little, but his team was awful. Then again
- Zlatan proved he still is a better player than Lukaku. God, Lukaku got it all, but the ability to score. Even when he's 1on1 vs the keeper, it's only like a 20 % chance of him scoring.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Zlatan did little, but his team was awful. Then again
- Zlatan proved he still is a better player than Lukaku. God, Lukaku got it all, but the ability to score. Even when he's 1on1 vs the keeper, it's only like a 20 % chance of him scoring.
I mean he already has two goals at the tournament.

Oyibo

Its always hard to judge at an international tournament..

I was impressed by his agility, but am not sure how, or where exactly he will fit in at United.

As another thread put it, where would it leave Rooney ?:confused:

Classical Mechanic

I was impressed by his agility, but am not sure how, or where exactly he will fit in at United.
:confused:
As another thread put it, where would it leave Rooney ?
He will play as a number 9. Martial, Rooney and Mkhitaryan as the three in Jose's 4-2-3-1 formation.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I still think we'll need more penetration than playing with both Rooney and Zlatan will give us. I'd rather Mkhitaryan played as a 10 and we signed another winger to be honest, but I know there's just no way we drop Rooney completely.

Theatre of Screams

Has such a big player coming off his greatest ever season had such a stinker at a tournament at a time when it really mattered?

Typical from Zlatan I suppose.

John Blund

I mean he already has two goals at the tournament.
One of them being an OK shot from 20-22 yards with all the time in the world The 2nd goal should be a sitter for all professional players. Lukaku is only 23, but he still doesn't strike me as a natural striker (phun indeed).
Lukaku didn't seem to expect any of the +10 crosses or through-balls his rather world-class teammates were sending in his direction. Last night, I'm pretty sure someone like Van Nistelrooy would have had 3 goals if he were playing instead of Lukaku. I'd even expect Rashford to score atleast 1 goal in Lukakus shoes.

Sweden was by far the worst team in the Euros. Good goalie and one good striker, dosen't make the cut. Guidetti were decent. I don't know if Sweden is just that bad, or if their well-dressed coach is making them play that bad.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

As another thread put it, where would it leave Rooney ?:confused:
Probably shoehorned in still, but hopefully out of the team.

Bojan11

Increase in quality of opposition and the fact that in Ligue 1 he has by far the best players in the league assisting him?
How many other big players have done well in the Euros? And they play for better teams too.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
How many other big players have done well in the Euros? And they play for better teams too.
Think Ronaldo did well for his team. Rooney has looked like England's best player. Lukaku got the goals that got Belgium through, Bale has scored a goal in each game to propel Wales top. Iniesta has just been incredible. Payet, Griezman and Giroud have done the business for France.

Bojan11

Think Ronaldo did well for his team. Rooney has looked like England's best player. Lukaku got the goals that got Belgium through, Bale has scored a goal in each game to propel Wales top. Iniesta has just been incredible. Payet, Griezman and Giroud have done the business for France.
What?

Ronaldo was useless first two games. Yeah he scored against Hungary. Not really a comparison considering the group Zlatan was in and he faced tougher opponents with a worse team.

Griezmann and Giroud ain't been good. You just listing names now for fun. Both have been dropped at various stages too.

Bale and Payet aside there has not been many standout players so far.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
They didn't, they have been poor, Lukaku hasn't been good and neither Ronaldo.

sokol11

All those teams have better players that Sweden right now. You could only make a case for Bale and Wales but they clicked/are on a cloud nine as they qualified for a first time in ages. France, Belgium, England, Spain are teams with quality players. Lukaku first game was a horror show, rabbit in headlights stuff, Rooney England's best player? Don't think so. Portugal also has better team than Sweden and Ronaldo only showed up in last game.

Geordopolous

Increase in quality of opposition and the fact that in Ligue 1 he has by far the best players in the league assisting him?
Wait I've ignored your views for the most part. But do you genuinely think he's not a good player? Or do you just not want him because he's old? If it's the latter then that's ok but if it's the former then you are delusional. Or just taking the piss because you're bored

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
he didnt turn up for this tournament

not for the 1st time

no excuses, plenty of times big players still shine for weak teams.

Still think we should sign him though

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Wait I've ignored your views for the most part. But do you genuinely think he's not a good player? Or do you just not want him because he's old? If it's the latter then that's ok but if it's the former then you are delusional. Or just taking the piss because you're bored
Great player who is now passed it and won't cut it at the premiership level.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

not for the 1st time

If you judge his Euro in isolation, he has been poor. Also while you don't want excuses, he was still playing for one of the two worst team in the tournament after a +50 games season and he isn't a target man, he has never been comfortable in that role.

Bojan11

not for the 1st time

And how many times has Rooney scored in tournaments since Euro 2004 or shown up? Zlatan has outscored him by 6 to 1 despite his country going out in the group stages majority of the time or in some stages not even qualifying.

He has scored 62 in 116 for Sweden. Larsson who was a great striker scored 37 in 106 games. Larsson couldn't do it on his own and nor could Ibrahimovic when it came to tournaments.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
And how many times has Rooney scored in tournaments since Euro 2004 or shown up? Zlatan has outscored him by 6 to 1 despite his country going out in the group stages majority of the time or in some stages not even qualifying.

He has scored 62 in 116 for Sweden. Larsson who was a great striker scored 37 in 106 games. Larsson couldn't do it on his own and nor could Ibrahimovic when it came to tournaments.
I don't think anyone's disputing the player he has been for Sweden in previous tournaments (EDIT - Yes they are. I can't read). Just the one he played at the age of 34.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I don't think anyone's disputing the player he has been for Sweden in previous tournaments. Just the one he played at the age of 34.
The post he quoted did.
In any case the team didn't perform as a whole, wouldn't put that solely on him

Lester Freamon

Aka Caveman
I don't think anyone's disputing the player he has been for Sweden in previous tournaments. Just the one he played at the age of 34.
For an absolute shit Sweden team up against decent teams. These three games are not anything to judge Zlatan by. Sure, he may fail in the PL but I don't think we've learned anything by watching him in the Euros.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
For an absolute shit Sweden team up against decent teams. These three games are not anything to judge Zlatan by. Sure, he may fail in the PL but I don't think we've learned anything by watching him in the Euros.
I agree on the whole. Though I certainly would've found it reassuring had he done well. I really don't find impressive numbers for a dominant team in a poor league to be that much to go on, so a handful of examples of him performing for a much lesser team would've helped.

The BlackGaijin

One of them being an OK shot from 20-22 yards with all the time in the world The 2nd goal should be a sitter for all professional players. Lukaku is only 23, but he still doesn't strike me as a natural striker (phun indeed).
Lukaku didn't seem to expect any of the +10 crosses or through-balls his rather world-class teammates were sending in his direction. Last night, I'm pretty sure someone like Van Nistelrooy would have had 3 goals if he were playing instead of Lukaku. I'd even expect Rashford to score atleast 1 goal in Lukakus shoes.

Sweden was by far the worst team in the Euros. Good goalie and one good striker, dosen't make the cut. Guidetti were decent. I don't know if Sweden is just that bad, or if their well-dressed coach is making them play that bad.
Yeah, Lukaku is terrible but Kane is just tired right? Lukaku plays for a team full of stars that doesn't play well as a team. Why is he getting so much more stick than Kane who has been worse than Bebe?

Classical Mechanic

In Euros history Zlatan has 6 in 12 apps and Rooney 5 in 9 apps according to Wiki. Rooney now plays a deeper role too.

Bojan11

In Euros history Zlatan has 6 in 12 apps and Rooney 5 in 9 apps according to Wiki. Rooney now plays a deeper role too.
Four of them came in his first tournament. Since then Rooney has done feck all despite playing in a better team was my point.

Macabre Wolf

I agree on the whole. Though I certainly would've found it reassuring had he done well. I really don't find impressive numbers for a dominant team in a poor league to be that much to go on, so a handful of examples of him performing for a much lesser team would've helped.
Would you include the Bundesliga as a poor league if that's the case then Lewandowski has been as bad as Zlatan

Status
Not open for further replies.