Zlatan Ibrahimovic |United Player | See the thread in the United Forum

Should we sign Ibra on a free this summer ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
He was supposed to show up 25 minutes ago for the presser. Zlatan does what he wants.
:lol: If it were any other player I'd be shocked at the fact they're holding a press conference.

Regarding the greatest scorers/strikers/forwards in the History of the Game---> my answer would be

Level 1: very small circle of players: Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Van Basten, Ronaldinho, Romario, Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Henry, Zidane, Luis Suarez, Neymar (in the long run)...
Level 2: Ibrahimovic, Thomas Muller, Batistuta, Klinsmann, Vieri...
Level 3: Rooney, Inzaghi, Papin, Owen...
Level 4: Cavani, ...
Looks fair. Peak Rooney & Owen make a case for level 2.

He was crap against England a year before when the two teams met at the Euros in a game that actually mattered. We're obviously in no position to turn him down, I just kind of think he'll be a bit of a Berbatov/Giroud in that he'll rack up a lot of goals, mostly inconsequential ones.
Posts like this confuse me, every single one of the best players is occasionally crap in the big games, that's the point of big games, they are tougher & you can't shine in every single one.

This guy turned it on in huge Italien derbies, the El Classico and tonnes of times for Sweden and PSG too. No-one (except maybe Inesta) shows up in the big games 100% of the time.

Acquire Me

Regarding the greatest scorers/strikers/forwards in the History of the Game---> my answer would be

Level 1: very small circle of players: Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Van Basten, Ronaldinho, Romario, Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Henry, Zidane, Luis Suarez, Neymar (in the long run)...
Level 2: Ibrahimovic, Thomas Muller, Batistuta, Klinsmann, Vieri...
Level 3: Rooney, Inzaghi, Papin, Owen...
Level 4: Cavani, ...
Ibra is level 1 for me.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Ibra is level 1 for me.
I won't contradict you.

I have hesitated to put him in the level one because he hasn't had the chance to win a WC, a Euro or a Champions League contrary to the the other Level 1 players (from an historical perspective).

Any way, I consider him as the greatest player of the French league.

Henry, Zidane.. didn't play a lot in the French league.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He was crap against England a year before when the two teams met at the Euros in a game that actually mattered. We're obviously in no position to turn him down, I just kind of think he'll be a bit of a Berbatov/Giroud in that he'll rack up a lot of goals, mostly inconsequential ones.
In his career Ibrahimovic has very often scored the first goal or made the first assist, he isn't in the inconsequential business.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
As we're posting Ibrahimovic goals...

Anustart89

He's meeting a bunch of kids for the make a wish foundation right now. Think of redcafe ffs.

Should start in 5 minutes.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
His most beautiful goal in his career is maybe the following one in the early 2000s

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Dont want him. Already an hour late to his Press conference. Our strikers need to be at the right place at the right time! :p

podurban2

"Right now it is the European Cup that matters for me. I have had concrete offers from all leagues in Europe as well as outside Europe. There are many concrete offers and alternatives for me."

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Zlatan: My priority is the Euros at the moment.

Zlatan: I have many alternatives. Concrete offers from England, Italia and outside of Europe.

gaz1185

Well that's positive, if he's not announced he's off to another club, I reckon he's definitely joining us. Nothing would of been announced until Jose has completed his deal with us and he was 100% going to be our manager imo.

Riz

Eh? So which is it "I have many alternatives" or "I have made my decision"..?

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
One minute he's saying he's not read the papers and then he says he's enoying what they are writing :) So either he's enjoying the united speculation or he's out of his mind or taking the piss. I suspect he's taking the piss and contradicting himself on purpose

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Eh? So which is it "I have many alternatives" or "I have made my decision"..?
He has many alternatives on the table but he already knows which one he is going to take.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Zlatan played most his career in less quality leagues. Only one season in Spain. That's not to say he's not a beast of a striker but he won't share the same credits as Ronaldo Messi Suarez etc.
Christ he's a dick.

I don't care how good a player is but suggesting he's bigger than the clubs he plays for doesn't go down at Manchester United. There are lots of talented strikers out there, I don't care if we get him or not.

podurban2

"You want action you bring Mourinho. He is the man to bring them back to the top, if you want to win you bring in Mourinho. I had a fantastic time with him, so working again with him. I don't give guarantees, let's see what happens. I am only warming up, I had a fantastic season so I proved that age is just a number, what ever you want to do you do it. If I want to make it I'll make it, if I want to do it I do it. I have spoken to Mourinho every day since I left Inter. We have been talking for many years, so that's it. [Does not want to confirm about offer from United, room laughs] - let's see what happens."

Status
Not open for further replies.