Álvaro Morata | Performances

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Strange player. He does some genuinely good things but then he can look absolutely useless and bereft of confidence two seconds later.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
a nonce in prison wouldn’t claim to be morata.

slored1

Is there a bigger meme player in football? Everybody but Enrique knew he would miss it.

Cloud7

You just knew he wasn’t going to score the penalty. There was no way that was going in.

El Zoido

He just looks like a sad sack doesn’t he? Makes you feel sorry for him. Got nothing against the lad but Spain would have pissed this tournament if they had anyone better.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
As with any top striker, he shuts his critics up - Danny Murphy, 81st minute.

What a redemption story.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
a bit unlucky, his wasn't worse than bonucci's. and of course he was the reason they reached penalties in the first place.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It's come to the point where you have to feel sad for him.

Scored a good goal, then there was poor judgement at around 85th min or so when he ran the ball out of play, and then obviously the penalty.

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
He's in a position where he can't win at the moment, he'd have been slated for being cowardly if he didn't take one either, especially if they still lost.

bakalhau

I feel bad for him because Spanish people have abused him and his family online.

He got them in the game again and people will still remember the bad rather then good.

Jaxa

Such an enigma of a footballer,

Has everything to be a top top striker, great quality , great movement, tall and strong, but when the important moment comes he always seems to fluff his lines and ultimately as a striker your career is to take advantage of moments and if you can’t do that well then … what are you really contributing

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I worry for him. He takes an absolute battering by people. Has been getting death threats during the tournament and now I suspect it will get even worse.

Classical Mechanic

Yeah you could see it as he stepped up. Surely they had someone else who could take a penalty?
Probably a case of him resolving to take one to prove to himself and the world that he isn’t that guy who shrinks in the big moments but as he gets beyond the point of no return he realises that he can’t escape himself. Probably a Greek tragedy about it.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I worry for him. He takes an absolute battering by people. Has been getting death threats during the tournament and now I suspect it will get even worse.
I honestly agree.

It’s a morbid thought but I wouldn’t be surprised if it takes something serious such as a footballer committing suicide for their mental health to finally be properly protected. It’s horrific what people can get away with.