Gaming 1836 - The Europa Universalis 4 Experiment (Hands-off) - Map & stats in second post - Final Map and Stats update - Timelapse video

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Loving this. Wish I got in early enough to take part, but maybe next time. A few months ago I did a proper playthrough for the first time and had a great time. Played as Castile, formed Spain then took over everything (played on one of the easier difficulties obviously). Was a bit burnt out afterwards, but this thread is tempting me to pick it back up again.

Phil Jones Face

Loving this. Wish I got in early enough to take part, but maybe next time. A few months ago I did a proper playthrough for the first time and had a great time. Played as Castile, formed Spain then took over everything (played on one of the easier difficulties obviously). Was a bit burnt out afterwards, but this thread is tempting me to pick it back up again.
It's good fun in multiplayer too. The diplomacy, the alliances, the intrigue.. the backstabbing. :wenger:

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
It's good fun in multiplayer too. The diplomacy, the alliances, the intrigue.. the backstabbing. :wenger:
Personally I've always preferred these types of games just in single player where I can really take my time. In theory I love the idea of multiplayer but in practice I'm just too much of a perfectionist who agonises over every little thing.

nimic

something nice
Scout
@nimic have i made it to Mexico yet?
I stopped running it last night right after I discovered that you guys were making it anywhere. Nobody has started colonizing the New World yet, but it will be you and/or @Organic Potatoes for sure. The others will be able to do a bit of colonizing in North Africa, but you two are the only ones who chose Exploration as your third idea group.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I stopped running it last night right after I discovered that you guys were making it anywhere. Nobody has started colonizing the New World yet, but it will be you and/or @Organic Potatoes for sure. The others will be able to do a bit of colonizing in North Africa, but you two are the only ones who chose Exploration as your third idea group.
What did I pick in the end?

Phil Jones Face

I've played it with a friend or two, but nothing like the EU2 sessions we had. That period of my life is living rent free in my head, that's for sure.
We had a group of 5~ LGC/ZZ players (+ Osi, if you remember him) playing EU4 MP for a while (+ FM AARs and minileagues). Fizzled away w/ work committments, arguments etc a year or so ago.

I've still got trauma over Love/Augh/Tobler acting as a UN and always deciding in each others favour in disputes in our EU2 games. Vaguely recall Tobler threatening to intervene against you if you didn't accept WP because Augh or Love had declared war on you and after a bloody war you were beating them back. :lol:

nimic

something nice
Scout
You lost three provinces in the struggle. Now you're at war Bayreuth though. I'm afraid the end is about to come for @Dan. The Brandenburgers are back, and again he's at war with three big countries. I haven't the faintest idea how Brandenburg managed to ally all of @Abizzz, @Andycoleno9 and @KirkDuyt. Dan's trade league is fighting back, but that basically amounts to 7 tiny countries. I wonder if they'll all get gobbled up in the process.
I don't understand it, but @Dan is still alive. The war ended, Brandenburg (I thought) had his one province occupied, in a war which I also thought was explicitly about conquering Dan, but... the war is over, and Dan is still there. The only thing I can think of is a mechanic where a "Great Power" (the top 8 countries in the world, basically) can threaten someone to stop a war. All of those are quite far away from @Dan though, so it doesn't make sense.

Dan is a fighter, that's for sure.

nimic

something nice
Scout
We had a group of 5~ LGC/ZZ players (+ Osi, if you remember him) playing EU4 MP for a while (+ FM AARs and minileagues). Fizzled away w/ work committments, arguments etc a year or so ago.
Sure I remember Osiris.

I've still got trauma over Love/Augh/Tobler acting as a UN and always deciding in each others favour in disputes in our EU2 games. Vaguely recall Tobler threatening to intervene against you if you didn't accept WP because Augh or Love had declared war on you and after a bloody war you were beating them back. :lol:
I remember I got quite angry one time as France, where I had easily taken some colonies from Spain, and later like three countries declared war on me (like a UN intervention) :lol: That might have been the same game or maybe not. I'm a digital hoarder so I've still got some screenshots of a game or two we had.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Administrative ideas. Which are really good if you plan on conquering some new land (cheaper to make provinces into your cores, stuff like that).
So I'll find new land and then he'll take it from me. Got it.

nimic

something nice
Scout
We're not too many years away from another map + stats update, but I feel I have to point out that @Organic Potatoes currently has finished four more ideas than any other player. That man really wants to get shit done. I suppose it doesn't hurt that his ruler, High King Ultan I Eboue (yes Eboue) is 5-6-5 in attributes.

Dan

I don't understand it, but @Dan is still alive. The war ended, Brandenburg (I thought) had his one province occupied, in a war which I also thought was explicitly about conquering Dan, but... the war is over, and Dan is still there. The only thing I can think of is a mechanic where a "Great Power" (the top 8 countries in the world, basically) can threaten someone to stop a war. All of those are quite far away from @Dan though, so it doesn't make sense.

Dan is a fighter, that's for sure.
:drool:

I can’t wait to see Brandenburg wiped off the map.

nimic

something nice
Scout
I had it coming. :lol:
You're still alive, but you're surrounded by countries that wouldn't mind some more of your provinces.

The others that have been reduced that much never really got going, but your country was looking quite strong for a while. I think the choice in allies doomed you.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Caption contest: what is @Shakesey thinking?

Well, isn't this a surprise! Not everyday you see a giant army at your doorstep. I would've baked a cake, but I reckon it wouldn't feed all of you. Listen, before we go to battle, here are some things you should know about our local etiquette: Shoes off at the gates, please. We just got the desert floors swept; our camels are a bit touchy. Give them their space; sunscreen - seriously, the Sahara doesn't play around.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Good news @Shakesey, you have a new capital. Because @BD took the old one. He only took that, though. Also @Crackers is incredibly still alive. He now has a total of four provinces in Iberia + the Azores and his one colony. @Solius 100% deliberately only demanded the provinces he himself was occupying, refusing to demand the provinces @BD was sitting on. (And it goes without saying that @RedSky was just along for the fun).

Oh yeah, and Organic Potatoes took Bath from @Welsh Wonder.

I'll post a map with the stats update in not too long.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
This is the life of a War Mongering scholar. I talk about destroying my enemies, I discuss my two ideas with my allies and then I sit back and get pissed while my allies take all the loot and land. What a lad.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Good news @Shakesey, you have a new capital. Because @BD took the old one. He only took that, though. Also @Crackers is incredibly still alive. He now has a total of four provinces in Iberia + the Azores and his one colony. @Solius 100% deliberately only demanded the provinces he himself was occupying, refusing to demand the provinces @BD was sitting on. (And it goes without saying that @RedSky was just along for the fun).

Oh yeah, and Organic Potatoes took Bath from @Welsh Wonder.

I'll post a map with the stats update in not too long.
You can't say I'm not fair.