Gaming 1836 - The Europa Universalis 4 Experiment (Hands-off) - Map & stats in second post - Final Map and Stats update - Timelapse video

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Okay I'm going to end for tonight, but I can leave with a good news bad news for @KirkDuyt.

The bad news is that the KirkDuyt dynasty is done. KirkDuyt is now ruled by Bartolomeus I Bartolomeus.
The good news is that Bartolomeus I Bartolomeus is Holy Roman Emperor, which means KirkDuyt now has the second largest army in the world.

The :nervous: news is that if Bartolomeus I Bartolomeus dies without an heir, there will be a succession war between @adexkola and @Vidyoyo over who gets to rule @KirkDuyt (who will still exist, just have the same ruler as that country and act as a vassal).
Want to go halves @adexkola ?

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
I’ll be interested to see how the war vs hobbers ends up. I imagine Grib will just peace out, so I won’t get anything. Ideally I would like to see the Sultan form a separate peace and take some of that sweet Turkish land.

Nimic who are the Ottomans allied with? I’m surprised that neither me nor hobbers have gone in on them yet, they look vulnerable.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Okay I'm going to end for tonight, but I can leave with a good news bad news for @KirkDuyt.

The bad news is that the KirkDuyt dynasty is done. KirkDuyt is now ruled by Bartolomeus I Bartolomeus.
The good news is that Bartolomeus I Bartolomeus is Holy Roman Emperor, which means KirkDuyt now has the second largest army in the world.

The :nervous: news is that if Bartolomeus I Bartolomeus dies without an heir, there will be a succession war between @adexkola and @Vidyoyo over who gets to rule @KirkDuyt (who will still exist, just have the same ruler as that country and act as a vassal).
Feck yes. Dynasties are for Crusader Kings anyway. I do hope I can impregnate someone before dying..

nimic

something nice
Scout
I’ll be interested to see how the war vs hobbers ends up. I imagine Grib will just peace out, so I won’t get anything. Ideally I would like to see the Sultan form a separate peace and take some of that sweet Turkish land.

Nimic who are the Ottomans allied with? I’m surprised that neither me nor hobbers have gone in on them yet, they look vulnerable.
I exited the game, but I think you both basically ditched them (or the other way around). Sooner or later one of you will stomp them, right now they're just annoyingly in the middle.

The war with Grib did just end, but surprisingly it ended in a white peace. Nobody was having a good time, I guess.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Do rulers keep the same traits or do they change based on conditions? Will Tarcus change based on being invaded from all sides?

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Sorry (not) Crackers.

Why or how did Solius hog all the territories? Did he put more into the war than I or RS did?

nimic

something nice
Scout
Do rulers keep the same traits or do they change based on conditions? Will Tarcus change based on being invaded from all sides?
They get some as they age. The first one at 15, then after ruling for 10 years, then after ruling for 15 more years. They can also get a military leader trait from combat. I'll be sure to check some traits next time I'm running the game.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
This is class by the way nimic, even though I've little idea what the details mean. Your explanations definitely help

nimic

something nice
Scout
Sorry (not) Crackers.

Why or how did Solius hog all the territories? Did he put more into the war than I or RS did?
It's possible that Solius did something genius and actually declared war on one of Crackers' allies. That way taking provinces from Crackers is more expensive. He also did do most of the work I think, or at least he sieged almost all of the provinces. And maybe most importantly he was the war leader, so he got to offer peace.

This is class by the way nimic, even though I've little idea what the details mean. Your explanations definitely help
Thanks, I was hoping it would go basically exactly like this. I'll just need to learn how to speed up and not worry about all the details, or we'll never get to 1821 :lol:

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Yeah 2nd that, so far I've joined an allegiance, and then instantly fecked it off for a different one it seems like, whilst basically just chilling and getting involved in no one's shit. But I'm loving just watching everyone else scramble around.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
I’m also enjoying this muchly. As a fairly seasoned EU4 player there is so much I want to know and see about what is going on, but I know nimic wouldn’t have time for that :lol:

@Solius @BD thE one who actually declares the war (and the one it is declared on) become the war leaders for their respective alliances/sides. Only the war leaders can negotiate a “proper” peace deal, and will often prioritise their own gains. It’s possible for other parties to do a separate peace, but it only tends to happen when one of those secondary parties is getting annihilated and wants out. The AI doesn’t tend to do a separate peace if their team is winning, leaving it to the war leader to negotiate for the entire alliance.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
@nimic . What is up with Hungary? Nobody claimed that yet?
Anyway.....you are doing amazing job. Keep it up. We are waiting.... :wenger:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
The holy roman empire is neither holy, nor Roman nor an Empire, it's just me with an army of tramps and stoners coming to get you.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
The war with Grib did just end, but surprisingly it ended in a white peace. Nobody was having a good time, I guess.
Alright, not the worst outcome. Nice short truce, and making sure @hobbers doesn’t strengthen at all.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I can see I have grown a bit and that's not just because of the good work @nimic is putting in.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Need to thin the herd today. Sort the wheat from the chaff. Small their skulls in.

PSV

As with real life protecting the small and defenseless is literally pointless and will be my bane. Good thing my ideas are religious because we might need a miracle.