sallycinnamin 1. Jairzinho 2. Zoff
harms 1. Krol 2. Florian Albert
Tuppet 1. Rivera 2. Džajić
Joga Bonito 1. Law 2. Netzer
Marty1968 1. Gerson 2. Carlos Alberto

@Invictus

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Some interesting choices there. Maier is a golden pick, obviously, but I wasn't expecting any keepers this early on (Zoff was pure back-up/contingency, so doesn't really count).

Bit surprised by Olsen - not a bad word against him, just had something else in mind for Skizzo/Pat's next move.

Jinky had to go sooner rather than later, so that's what it is, nothing less, nothing more. Could have easily gone for him myself, even in this round, but I'm on a slightly different course.

Skizzo

Bit surprised by Olsen - not a bad word against him, just had something else in mind for Skizzo/Pat's next move.

Jinky had to go sooner rather than later, so that's what it is, nothing less, nothing more. Could have easily gone for him myself, even in this round, but I'm on a slightly different course.
We went back and forth for a while. Olsen ended up being the best fit for a particular role we had in mind. Plus he does give a bit of flexibility if necessary. And I didn't give him a fair shot last time... Now he'll get more of a chance to shine (hopefully)

Jinky we thought about ourselves, but didn't think he fit too well with our other two. Cracking player though.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Yeah and if he does not pick him, Balu will.. so in short I got no shot!
Balu must be delighted. One pick away from getting his man.
I've honestly no idea who you're talking about. I'm torn between two picks, one the more obvious vote winner, the other a key player for the side I've in mind. I doubt that either is the one you two are talking about.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
We went back and forth for a while. Olsen ended up being the best fit for a particular role we had in mind. Plus he does give a bit of flexibility if necessary. And I didn't give him a fair shot last time... Now he'll get more of a chance to shine (hopefully)

Jinky we thought about ourselves, but didn't think he fit too well with our other two. Cracking player though.
I remember being shocked he wasn't available as a 1950s option in the '50s draft. Fine player though in the right set-up.

ctp

I've honestly no idea who you're talking about. I'm torn between two picks, one the more obvious vote winner, the other a key player for the side I've in mind. I doubt that either is the one you two are talking about.
Maybe you'll return the favour and leave me with the player I want. Honestly, I was pretty certain you were going to pick him, but apparently I was mistaken.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Maybe you'll return the favour and leave me with the player I want. Honestly, I was pretty certain you were going to pick him, but apparently I was mistaken.
I've made a decision. I can tell you if you want, in case you don't have a back-up yet and want more time to look into it? Of course Invictus could still feck it up and force me to pick the other one.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Aldo 1. Best 2. Hector Chumpitaz 3. Jose Pirri
Chesterlestreet 1. Pelé 2. Greaves 3. Bremner
RedTiger 1. Beckenbauer 2. Oblak 3. Sepp Maier
Skizzo/Pat_Mustard 1. Cruyff 2. Keizer 3. Morten Olsen
Gol123 1. Van Hanegem 2. Overath 3. Johnstone
Invictus 1. Eusébio 2. Mazzola 3. Haan
Balu 1. G. Müller 2. Vogts 3.
ctp 1. Rivelino 2. Marzolini 3.
crappycraperson 1. Moore 2. Tostão 3.
Gio 1. Figueroa 2. Cubillas 3.
NM/EAP 1. Facchetti 2. Riva 3.
sallycinnamin 1. Jairzinho 2. Zoff 3.
harms 1. Krol 2. Florian Albert 3.
Tuppet 1. Rivera 2. Džajić 3.
Joga Bonito 1. Law 2. Netzer 3.
Marty1968 1. Gerson 2. Carlos Alberto 3.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
I'll probably regret it later, but I'll go with attack over sensible team-building. Can't really look past the first ever Onze d'Or winner (does anyone care about that award?). Well, he also finished 2nd and 3rd once in the Ballon d'Or and was the standout Dutch player once Cruyff declined.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Aldo 1. Best 2. Hector Chumpitaz 3. Jose Pirri
RedTiger 1. Beckenbauer 2. Oblak 3. Sepp Maier
Skizzo/Pat_Mustard 1. Cruyff 2. Keizer 3. Morten Olsen
Balu 1. G. Müller 2. Vogts 3. Rensenbrink
ctp 1. Rivelino 2. Marzolini 3.

@ctp

ctp

I'll add my own Käskopp to the mix, Wim Jansen

ctp

Aldo 1. Best 2. Chumpitaz 3. Pirri
RedTiger 1. Beckenbauer 2. Oblak 3. Maier
Skizzo/Pat_Mustard 1. Cruyff 2. Keizer 3. Olsen
ctp 1. Rivelino 2. Marzolini 3. Jansen

@crappycraperson

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Fascinating. I was torn between Jansen and Rensenbrink and actually prefered Jansen the whole time. Just changed my mind last second :lol:.

Skizzo

I remember being shocked he wasn't available as a 1950s option in the '50s draft. Fine player though in the right set-up.
Yeah it was a bit of a surprise that he was eligible. We feel we have a good set up for him...even though we're gonna be scraping the barrel a bit by the end (and by end I mean 6th round)

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Thought you'd go for a smooth as silk South American style player
Hehe, nothing of the sort. I was after an allrounder in the middle of the park - someone defensively sound who can also pass the ball, and someone who is a bit unquestionable generally speaking. Pirri was my first choice (not least because he's very versatile), but Bremner fits the fill brilliantly.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Hehe, nothing of the sort. I was after an allrounder in the middle of the park - someone defensively sound who can also pass the ball, and someone who is a bit unquestionable generally speaking. Pirri was my first choice (not least because he's very versatile), but Bremner fits the fill brilliantly.
Yes, that's why it's funny to me. Two really calm and collected, classy guys, then Bremner. Left-field for the type of side it looked like you were developing.

Just thought you'd be going the super-sweet route throughout the draft the way you started it off, now I'm not sure what you'll do. :lol:

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
...now I'm not sure what you'll do. :lol:
That's how we like it, here at Chester Drafts Ltd.

But yeah, you're only looking at three out of eleven - how it all pans out depends largely on luck, I suspect, but I do have a general idea about what sort of balance the XI should have.

Bremner is far from being a thug or a destroyer as a player, though - had I wanted someone like that, there are literally hundreds of players from that era I could have gone for. He's got steel, obviously, but the main attraction is actually what he brings to the table as a footballer.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
That's how we like it, here at Chester Drafts Ltd.

But yeah, you're only looking at three out of eleven - how it all pans out depends largely on luck, I suspect, but I do have a general idea about what sort of balance the XI should have.

Bremner is far from being a thug or a destroyer as a player, though - had I wanted someone like that, there are literally hundreds of players from that era I could have gone for. He's got steel, obviously, but the main attraction is actually what he brings to the table as a footballer.
Wouldn't doubt him as a footballer, just thought your side would be super silky with no bother, found it funny you went for a player who could start a fight in an empty room, then. :lol:

Not a thug, and definitely not a destroyer, but certainly not of the same temperament as Greaves and Pele. :D

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Aldo 1. Best 2. Chumpitaz 3. Pirri
RedTiger 1. Beckenbauer 2. Oblak 3. Maier
Skizzo/Pat_Mustard 1. Cruyff 2. Keizer 3. Olsen
ctp 1. Rivelino 2. Marzolini 3. Jansen
crappycraperson 1. Moore 2. Tostão 3. Bene

@Gio

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Wouldn't doubt him as a footballer, just thought your side would be super silky with no bother, found it funny you went for a player who could start a fight in an empty room, then. :lol:

Not a thug, and definitely not a destroyer, but certainly not of the same temperament as Greaves and Pele. :D
Oh yes, I get that - no doubt there's a contrast there.