Aaron Wan-Bissaka | The Ornacle speaks: It is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Tierney for 25m or similar with a player perhaps loaned the other way who we can't shift (names are endless here)......shouldn't be beyond our abilities if we want to break back into top 4. I think he'd bench Shaw within the season.
That's actually a very good shout.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner

New video. Lots of attacking play to see rather than some of the other ones with tackles mainly.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
If Aaron Wan-Bissaka is your big signing this summer then I fear for your immediate future. If he's part of a summer that sees you spend over £100m and bring in one of Eriksen, Tielemans, or Fernandes, then I'll be less fearful. I suppose it's a matter of whether you need to sell Pogba first, though, or whether you can afford another £50m+ player without needing to get rid of him.
Our transfer window definitely rests on whether we can shift Pogba and Lukaku.
If we can 225 million for them both, I think we can restructure the squad without making like for like signings. I really want Pogba and Lukaku gone at this point seeing as they don’t want to be here.

SteveW

New video. Lots of attacking play to see rather than some of the other ones with tackles mainly.
Thank God. I've spent every other video internally screaming "don't dive in" every 5 seconds. It's affected my nerves a bit by now

Sir Scott McToMinay

I wonder if Ole wants to play a slightly different style. I think he quite likes the idea of leaving the wide forwards high up the pitch to break quickly on teams as opposed to having them track all the way back. Defensively solid fullbacks and a back 4 that generally stay in place would allow this.
Yes, I think there’s a good possibility that this is the case.
Or perhaps he thinks both have room for development of their offensive game.

caid

I'm inclined to say Shaw needs to be replaced medium term regardless of who is on the right, so Wan-Bissaka being more defensive isn't any particular issue for me. Not that im convinced he is (or that Shaw is better defensively than attacking). Seems a sensible signing anyway. Still has a lot to prove, shouldn't find it too hard to settle.

JMack1234

Love this signing.

21 years old who knows the premier league and has tons of potential. Of course we need to make sure we give him plenty of time and don't jump on his back and turn him into Zaha 2.0. However, if we can a top CB now we've improved our team no end.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
We need to steal his chant:

“Your winger won’t like it, Wan-Bis-Sa-ka, Wan-Bis-Sa-ka".

To the tune of Rock the Casbah by The Clash

That’s a cracker. No shame in stealing that. Reminds me of “all we need is Shinji Kagawa.”

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
In his videos he looks a very good dribbler and actually gets in to some dangerous areas. The issue is the video's always stop after the dribble. I think I've only seen a handful of final balls from him.

Is his crossing really that shit?

His defensive game looks as advertised but again it's just a few YouTube video's so it will be.

Skills

Snitch
Predictions on when he'll make the Caf's deadwood list? I'll give it around May 2020

cyberman

Predictions on when he'll make the Caf's deadwood list? I'll give it around May 2020
Right after an AA assist for Liverpool in a game we aren't even in.
I'd love an over and under on how many times his name and the words modern fullback are used in the same sentence.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
How much? and for a full-back?

Should be a good signing. He's always impressed me when I've seen him and he's done well against City this season. I've seen a lot of comments expressing concern about his ability getting forward but surely, at his age, it's much more impressive that he is solid defensively rather than a threat when going forward. It's a lot harder to improve defensively, I'd argue, than it is to improve his ability getting up the field. A lot of that for a full-back is about mentality/intelligence and movement. Zabaleta at City was a prime example. Not exactly blessed with ability on the ball or a fantastic crosser but he was dangerous simply because he was very clever with when and how he made his runs in behind. With the right coaching Wan-Bissaka should become one of the best full-backs in Europe.

GJNJ

It only youtube I know, but he actually looks pretty decent but going forward in that video. Looks calm under pressure and very determined.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
It only youtube I know, but he actually looks pretty decent but going forward in that video. Looks calm under pressure and very determined.
He looks brilliant dribbling and getting in the right positions. The issue I have is they cut off the next part (cross/pass/shot).

Nick7

He looks brilliant dribbling and getting in the right positions. The issue I have is they cut off the next part (cross/pass/shot).
Same amount of assists last season as Meunier :p

This is a misleading stat

Kag

How much? and for a full-back?

Should be a good signing. He's always impressed me when I've seen him and he's done well against City this season. I've seen a lot of comments expressing concern about his ability getting forward but surely, at his age, it's much more impressive that he is solid defensively rather than a threat when going forward. It's a lot harder to improve defensively, I'd argue, than it is to improve his ability getting up the field. A lot of that for a full-back is about mentality/intelligence and movement. Zabaleta at City was a prime example. Not exactly blessed with ability on the ball or a fantastic crosser but he was dangerous simply because he was very clever with when and how he made his runs in behind. With the right coaching Wan-Bissaka should become one of the best full-backs in Europe.
Zabaleta is a good comparioson, actually. Ivanovic, too. Not spectacular on paper, but they went through periods (seasons, infact) of looking really dangerous going forward. Particularly Zabaleta. Wan-Bissaka is certainly more athletic than they ever were, too.

robinvpersie

Don't know if it's been mentioned but Stephen Howson said we got to keep our 25% Zaha sell on clause in the end. If rumours are to be believed, he could fetch 80m quid this window, that's 20m back to us if this happens. So effectively we could end up getting AWB for 30m ish in the end. Quality singing if this is the case, that's about how much we spend for every Sanchez goal at the min...

Patrick08

Don't know if it's been mentioned but Stephen Howson said we got to keep our 25% Zaha sell on clause in the end. If rumours are to be believed, he could fetch 80m quid this window, that's 20m back to us if this happens. So effectively we could end up getting AWB for 30m ish in the end. Quality singing if this is the case, that's about how much we spend for every Sanchez goal at the min...
Which club is buying zaha for 80m?

Jezpeza

A) TBH don't care about the stats AWB has (don't think it's a talking point in negotiations either) and the conditions Palace are in. You don't have to sign a player from the PL clubs who are all in financial comfort. A transfer like Azpilicueta or Kimmich (both were signed for £6-7m) makes much more sense to me than Wan-Bissaka deal. For me, If you are paying £50m for a full-back, then it should be spent on either an absolute world class level player or a young one with that potential.

B) I did. He's sound defensively but doesn't do much in attack. Not in a United shirt anyway. It's interesting because he was playing as a wing back for Torino and Italy in a 3-5-2/3-4-3. And he was probably the best defender on the pitch in Europa League final against Ajax two years ago. Maybe you are the one who didn't see any of Darmian?

C) The 'non-existant in attack' was to describe Darmian not AWB. I don't need youtube highlights of AWB to see him "dribbling past multiple players and driving into the opposition half" and to know him that he's a defensive minded RB. He doesn't compare with the likes of TAA, Robertson, Alonso, Kimmich, Alba in the number of assists + goals stat but that's also down to the team he's playing in.

That's fair enough. That's why I said Darmian is non-existant in attack. Hopefully AWB improves in that aspect and gives much more than the likes of Darmian in attack because it's not enough.
The stats prove he is a good player in this league. You'll find shit players have shit stats. But that doesn't fit your rhetoric so you've said thats not to do with negotiations. It is you spoon because good players are expensive.

50m has been spent on a right back with the potential to be world class? So whats your point there? A 20 year old puts in those performances in his breakthrough season and you think thats as good as he’ll get? Despite moving to a better club?

Azpilicueta moved about a decade ago, markets Are not even comparable. Darmian was a cheap, foreign import alternative, like you suggest........

Darmian isn't good defensively he's easy to dribble past, slow to turn.

And AWB, He is good going forward, just plays in a poor team last season who spend most of the game pinned back.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
A good signing for a decent fee, it really fills a need.

SteveW

That's not how it works though is it? We'd be getting that regardless of the AWB deal.

It basically means Palace wanted 70m but we signed him for 50m.

SteveW

Decent fee?
What would have been too much? 70m? A million million?
All of twitter and half the caf were desperate for us to just give them whatever they wanted 2 weeks ago. They'd have easily given 70 million for him :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.