g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Aaron Wan-Bissaka | The Ornacle speaks: It is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Please don't be a flop. The RB problem is finally getting taken care of
He will flop if we put him under undue pressure. We can't be having a go at him when he makes initial mistakes.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You were so close to making me imagine lovely things
The other problem, is like that Jose season, where we had loads of tall powerful in the air players - yet we never scored any goals from corners, and could barely defend them - the reality is never as good as the fantasy!

SteveW

Never hurts to inject pace.
A lineup of James, AWB, Shaw, Martial, Rashford and dare I say it Lingard certainly has legs.
Keep Smalling at the back alongside Maguire :wenger: and that strikes me as good balance.

Just need to get their stamina up so we can last more than 6 games playing high intensity!
I get the impression the fitness levels will be better. Most of the squad seem to have been working on their fitness over the last couple f weeks if social media is anything to go. This suggests they've bought into what ole wants to do. I'm optimistic

SteveW

A pessimistic cnut if ever I met one
I get the impression the fitness levels will be better. Most of the squad seem to have been working on their fitness over the last couple f weeks if social media is anything to go. This suggests they've bought into what ole wants to do. I'm optimistic
Nope. :)

The guy's reasoning just didn't make any sense. Not losing a separate completely unrelated clause isn't the same as getting a discount.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
That's not leverage. That's just a normal situation.
And the normal situation is that the selling club has more leverage unless the player demands to leave. They have no pressure at all to sell. There are plenty of scenarios in which the buying club has at least some leverage.

Kemizee

He’s the wan I wanted!

Wan step forward
Of all the signings we have made in recent times, this is the one in my opinion whose room for flopping is really slim or basically non-existent cos I have seen him play for Palace severally and he was impressive.

If this guy flops here, then for the first time, I am really gonna be superstitious and finally conclude that there is a curse hanging on this club.

Reactions: golden_blunder

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Of all the signings we have made in recent times, this is the one in my opinion whose room for flopping is really slim or basically non-existent cos I have seen him play for Palace severally and he was impressive.

If this guy flops here, then for the first time, I am really gonna be superstitious and finally conclude that there is a curse hanging on this club.
Yes, for someone who basically was put to RB because of injuries he’s grown into a defensive beast. I don’t buy into the nonsense that he can’t attack, he was a winger until recently. I think our fans are going to love him. United fan too, bonus!

tony54

Hopeful if players meet expectation which I think they will then it now means two of our least consistant players can be benched. Young and ano, probably Lingard.
Just need a center back and midfielder to get us back into europe and will be sooo glad to get rid of Pogba.

Womp

idiot
Great signing. He isn't nearly as bad going forward as people claim. Would have preferred Cancelo as he seems a more modern RB to me given his offensive ability, but yet to see how AWB can perform in that regarding playing in a team more on the front foot.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Walker, Arnold Alexander, Azpil for 3 certainties.
I wonder if AWB would have been above other choices.

But that's by the by, we have the best now :wenger:
TAA nor Walker are better defensively. Both better attacking though.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He will flop if we put him under undue pressure. We can't be having a go at him when he makes initial mistakes.
Well it's not like he'll be reading the Caf. I think he'll get patience though, from the sane side of the Caf at least.

mu4c_20le

Walker, Arnold Alexander, Azpil for 3 certainties.
I wonder if AWB would have been above other choices.

But that's by the by, we have the best now :wenger:
You said 'best defensive RB' or did you forget your own criteria..

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
When the majority will see Ethan Laird play IMO.
This guy is getting almost mythical status before he's got anywhere near 1min in the first team!
He's got a tough gig if he gets through!

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
This guy is getting almost mythical status before he's got anywhere near 1min in the first team!
He's got a tough gig if he gets through!
He is a massive talent though - doesn't always translate to first team football as we know.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He is a massive talent though - doesn't always translate to first team football as we know.
The management can't think that if they're buying a guy a couple of years older for 50m!

redshaw

Does feel like a Fergie type signing, hopefully with the Moyes curse gone (feel it fading already) he'll be our first solid signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.