Aaron Wan-Bissaka | The Ornacle speaks: It is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
So we are apparently offering him 8 x his salary.

Why so much more?
Cause he was on 10k only, in line for a bump at Palace, but going here where he'll be a starter every week for us after a 50m fee. £80k isnt anything crazy for that.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Walker, Arnold Alexander, Azpil for 3 certainties.
I wonder if AWB would have been above other choices.

But that's by the by, we have the best now :wenger:
Azpilicueta isn't what he was but is still good, Walker incredibly overrated and was never very good defensively anyway (more athlete than anything) while TAA is good all around but brilliant on the ball and going forward. Even before the recent interest I think most had Wan Bissaka up there as arguably best defensive, just it's his on ball ability that is being questioned (which we can only wait and see).

At worst I think he'll just be a right sided Shaw who stays fit, but the hope is he is more useful on the ball.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
This guy is getting almost mythical status before he's got anywhere near 1min in the first team!
He's got a tough gig if he gets through!
He's the biggest RB talent i've seen at the club period. Don't be surprised, if as I expect, he ousts Wan Bissaka from the RB position within the next 18 months. Laird can attack and defend at a good standard.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Tool? When about 95% of posts in this thread have said the same?
He's an epic tool. Kyle Walker and Mendy weren't perfect articles. Nor was Luiz when he went for £50m to PSG. Wan-Bissaka is extremely good defensively and very comfortable going forward. Playing for Palace doesn't help you shine offensively.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He's the biggest RB talent i've seen at the club period. Don't be surprised, if as I expect, he ousts Wan Bissaka from the RB position within the next 18 months. Laird can attack and defend at a good standard.
I will be massively surprised if he's really that good, that we've lashed 50m into the same position!

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Tool? When about 95% of posts in this thread have said the same?
RedCafe: I like pie
Owen: I too like pie
RedCafe: Feck off turncoat
RAWK: Yeah, feck off turncoat
RedCafe: You can feck off an aw
Blue Moon: feEeEcKKkiiNnG RAGS

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He wa the LOWEST paid player in the Palace first team, so to compare his current wage with what we are paying is somewhat negatory work.
In these days where any player who has a couple of good games demands a whopping new contract, it seems amazing he was on a "mere" 10k a week!

Palace in a way would have had a no win scenario if they'd seen us off demanding even sillier money, as he'd have been asking for Zaha level wad.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We've actually lashed around £70m if you include Dalot aswell. Laird was the reason I wanted a LB.
Yep. Dalot seems a curious one.
A sort of promising full back, that we don't really trust to play full back. Who can on occasions do a bit of a semi full back bit of trickery on the wing job.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
The management can't think that if they're buying a guy a couple of years older for 50m!
Obviously not.

From what I've seen he is an outstanding talent though.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Michael Owen is a tool.

Did you have to post that, seriously Owen can suck a dick

Don't forget that tweet comes from the mind that said it was ok for Liverpool players to go out and injure Rashford

He's a Liverpool cock sucking twat faced cnut

Lee565

Well it's not like he'll be reading the Caf. I think he'll get patience though, from the sane side of the Caf at least.
The pressure on him could come from the home crowd's frustrated groaning because a major amount of reliance will be placed on his output from that side if we fail to sort out our right wing options as the likes of Mata and Lingard always narrow the play by drifting inwards from the right wing.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The pressure on him could come from the home crowd's frustrated groaning because a major amount of reliance will be placed on his output from that side if we fail to sort out our right wing options as the likes of Mata and Lingard always narrow the play by drifting inwards from the right wing.
Potentially but it doesn't really happen more than the natural groan when someone loses the ball. Not unless something starts becoming a major issue.
I say that but I've not been for a few years. Last time I went the only sounds were those groans when we lost possession.

sherrinford

Walker, Arnold Alexander, Azpil for 3 certainties.
I wonder if AWB would have been above other choices.

But that's by the by, we have the best now :wenger:
Because they play for three of the top four clubs?

Wan-Bissaka I would liken to an unadventurous Walker defensively - a similarly supreme athleticism but with the inclination to resolutely stay goalside of his man and a virtually unfailing sense of timing in the tackle. Azpilicueta is an obviously intelligent defender and more adept at everything outside of the personal battle between a full back and their direct opponent. Alexander-Arnold deserves more credit than I give him really - he was a mainstay in one of the most well-drilled sides in Europe, so he’s not going to be a bad defender. It’s just that that’s not at all what he excels at - his defending would need to be exceptional to match the delivery with his right foot, and it isn’t.

I think Azpilicueta is a better defender, but not Walker or Alexander-Arnold. Wan-Bissaka also has - in his tackling - a stand out feature in his defending which is very difficult for observers not to notice and be impressed by, so I would think it likely that the majority would have seen him as the superior defender to at least Walker and Alexander-Arnold as well as the rest, if not Azpilicueta too, before he signed for United.

Lee565

Potentially but it doesn't really happen more than the natural groan when someone loses the ball. Not unless something starts becoming a major issue.
I say that but I've not been for a few years. Last time I went the only sounds were those groans when we lost possession.
It has been happening a lot over the years with having to witness conservative football and a lack quality in the final third, if we are struggling under Ole next season and find ourselves facing another result of more dropped points the crowd are not going to be able to hide their natural frustrated reactions if Bissaka is basically all alone having to do everything on the right wing because Lingard/mata have decided to go central and instead of driving forwards with the ball, he plays it safe and passes sideways/backwards around the half way line like we have had to put up with from Young and Valencia for one too many years.

sherrinford

It has been happening a lot over the years with having to witness conservative football and a lack quality in the final third, if we are struggling under Ole next season and find ourselves facing another result of more dropped points the crowd are not going to be able to hide their natural frustrated reactions if Bissaka is basically all alone having to do everything on the right wing because Lingard/mata have decided to go central and instead of driving forwards with the ball, he plays it safe and passes sideways/backwards around the half way line like we have had to put up with from Young and Valencia for one too many years.
‘Put up with’. The issue there is with Lingard/ Mata not the abandoned right back.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Welcome, young man. Now please make that right back position yours for years to come.

And stay away from jlingz, please.

Jezpeza

A very good signing, standout player in a poor premier league team proves he can cut it. I think he will also improve. With regards the whole rhetoric of his attacking play, its interesting to look at palaces stats on who scored - and what this means for their playing traits etc. When you break down where their shots come from and touch maps etc etc they tend to take a lot of long shots, play a lot in their own half, generally build their play down the left and have less possession most games - a season average of 45% per game. I think here we may actually see him getting forward more - the stats he has are brilliant defensively but aren't up there for his assists and crosses but looking at clips of him when he goes forwards i think he will have a chance to set that straight here.

I think our signings need to be like this going forward - young with good ability already and have potential to improve. its not a case of 5 signings and back to winning the league title anymore. That boat was missed in 2013/2014. We need to think about where we will be in 3 years time.

I see some People think its a lot of money, so what was the sense of 40 mil on matic who had two seasons left in him and now needs replacing? And has no resale value or development potential. Those signings, along with the likes of Alderweireld and Meunier are short term - and not short term fixes, just short term.

BlueHaze

This is the first time in years where I wanted a certain player and we ended up signing him. The feeling is awesome when the club signs someone you actually want. I'm delighted with this deal and it's also rumoured he's going to be on 80/90k a week which proves the kid didn't come here just for money. We need to make more signings like this. If he can stay injury free he will become a key player in our defence. Big credit to Ole for identifying the right type of player. I'm so happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.