Aaron Wan-Bissaka | The Ornacle speaks: It is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Crazy to think but Owen's probably our best 7 since Ronaldo!

His winner against City trumps anything Valencia (12/13 season only), Depay, di Maria and Alexis did here as 7s.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Is that sarcasm? We still need reinforcements for CB, RW, CM, DM & ST
Yes, I'm just kinda glad We didn't sign Ozil or chase Toni Kroos instead. When was the last time We had a proper right back? not counting Dalot because We bought him as a future potential. Madness.

beingshe7don

Yes, I'm just kinda glad We didn't sign Ozil or chase Toni Kroos instead. When was the last time We had a proper right back? not counting Dalot because We bought him as a future potential. Madness.
That would be Darmian whose been on vacation since he joined us but I get the drift.

TheRedHearted

Good. Play a 4-4-2 with Dalot as the right midfielder and Pogba on the left. Fred and Mctominay in the center

Or 4-1-3-2 with the front three of Pogba Fred and dalot and the Martial and Rashford in the center.

edcunited1878

Michael Owen is a tool.

Or you're paying for future potential on a young player who had two years remaining on their current contract. If the player was completely established and even 3 years older, he would probably be worth more than what he was sold.

Either way, paying 35 million for Andy Carroll when they did...you'd expected a complete center forward, not a goal post.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Crazy to think but Owen's probably our best 7 since Ronaldo!

His winner against City trumps anything Valencia (12/13 season only), Depay, di Maria and Alexis did here as 7s.
Di Maria's assist for Juanfield goal?

Very excited about this signing. Shaw, Lindelöf, Smalling, Wan-Bissaka is pretty decent. Not rock solid but it's something to build on.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
As long as he doesn’t aimlessly toe punt the ball in every possession like young then he’ll be fine

Ekeke

Just to say that statistically Wan-Bissaka's performances last season for Palace would have been 2nd only to Pogba if he had been doing the same and performing for United.

Does that make him the finished article? Certainly not. But its a good start. Rafael did well statistically too so we've had statistically performing young right backs not that long ago before we ended up Valencia and Young at RB.

RedPnutz

We criticise Ed Woodward and the negotiating team a lot but credit where credit is due. To keep the sell on clause for Zaha and a transfer fee ultimately lower than the asking price with add ons is very good business.
Let’s not forget there was a lot of criticism for Ole for not recognising there was a problem at RB and for playing Young. It is clear Ole knows the deficiencies we have and was managing the best he could with the players at his disposal.

Web of Bissaka

Nice, RB slot pretty much done.

Dalot vs AWB.
Young back to LB vs Shaw?

Worst case is Young vs AWB for RB, and Ole doesn't rate Dalot at all.

Personally I'm excited. Let's not criticize him too much next season when he's making costly mistakes, or being plain average. Ahem.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Welcome, young man. Now please make that right back position yours for years to come.

And stay away from jlingz, please.
Said this exact same thing to a work mate yesterday. I'm worried that creepy adult Jesse will try hanging around with all the kids again, teaching them to hand roll ciggies and spin drink Mad Dog 20/20.

Anustart89

Said this exact same thing to a work mate yesterday. I'm worried that creepy adult Jesse will try hanging around with all the kids again, teaching them to hand roll ciggies and spin drink Mad Dog 20/20.
AWB in two weeks: beans beans beans

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Have a feeling he's going to surprise a lot of people with his quality on the ball. He's been made out to be absolutely useless in possession by the caf.

Treble

He'll be much better going forward than fans expect. But also probably not as good defensively as people think. His role at United will be completely different to the one at Palace and it might take a season before he learns the role of a full back at a top team who is most of the time far from his own box.

Classical Mechanic

Have a feeling he's going to surprise a lot of people with his quality on the ball. He's been made out to be absolutely useless in possession by the caf.
He's no Chris Smalling anyway. His return of 3 assists wasn't too bad last season either in a side like Palace. After Robertson and TAA the next best was Pereira with 6 from full back.

Ekeke

Honestly sometimes his dribbling reminds me of a young Zaha. He has pace and can be unpredictable but he beats players

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
Yeah I expect his stats will improve offensively but also decline a lot defensively. As good as he is there is no getting away from the fact that he was VERY well protected by Townsend, and talked through most games by Tomkins. Who is your right sided centre half and are they a talker?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Honestly sometimes his dribbling reminds me of a young Zaha. He has pace and can be unpredictable but he beats players
Yeah, said it few days back. His dribbling style and he has arrogance in his play (in a good way).

His dribbling style is sort of like Zaha's. Sudden change in direction, chops and feints.

Ekeke

Also if we play 3 at the back I suspect he will end up the best option for RCB over Smalling and Lindelof. Maybe not next season but in 2-3.

I'm more confident in that than the theory of Shaw playing LCB, although thats certainly possible as well.

AFC NimbleThumb

Michael Owen is a tool.

What’s the fee Michael? How’s it structured? Who’s the ‘finished product’ you would buy for the same price?

Watch this guy go from ‘talented Palace youngster’ to ‘Limited United full back who cost £50mil’ - the narrative is so tired.

Status
Not open for further replies.