Aaron Wan-Bissaka | The Ornacle speaks: It is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I can't believe how quickly everyone just forgot about Dalot. Is another young RB really necessary? A reminder that Trent was 18/19 when Liverpool gave him a chance with a solid run of games.

Furthermore, Dalot, although he played infrequently, has one of the most successful cross percentages in the premier league.

I have a sneaky feeling AWB would be solid defensively, but would gradually frustrate the fanbase down the line with his attacking play.
Of course it is. Young is finished and we can't spend the season with just Dalot and Shaw as our only fullbacks.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Well in fairness, the World record fee for a fullback is ridiculously low compared to several other positions. £50 million for AWB will prove to be a steal in 3-4 years time
A steal, like our other "world record" Shaw?

Anyway. Walker was 53m. So for "world record" shouldn't it be more?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Ole is simply a dick. We need someone more ruthless who will give the money and wrap deals up straight away without fecking around with haggling over pennies. Pisses me off.
How the fecks that Ole's fault :lol:

Ole is simply a dick. We need someone more ruthless who will give the money and wrap deals up straight away without fecking around with haggling over pennies. Pisses me off.
It what world do you think OGS manages transfers? Jose didn’t, LVG didn’t and neither did Moyes.

Get a grip.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
This one feels inevitable. Not sure how I feel about it. First of, I'm a fan of Dakota and second the guy hasn't impressed me with the ball at his feet in the final third.
I always find if funny when some people just say "pay up/pay whatever they want" etc. Money doesn't grow on trees.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
This one feels inevitable. Not sure how I feel about it. First of, I'm a fan of Dakota and second the guy hasn't impressed me with the ball at his feet in the final third.
I always find if funny when some people just say "pay up/pay whatever they want" etc. Money doesn't grow on trees.
:lol: Dakota

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Settle down. And do you think Ole is the one deciding how much we will pay for each target?

devilish

I'm also a fan of Dalot but he couldn't defend to save his life in his debut season.
Jeez how many times the younger ones will have to repeat this. Defenders aren't meant to defend. Their job is to pick the ball from the net and distribute the ball elegantly upfront.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
:lol:

It means defective/bad quality in my language :D

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I highly recommend the below viewing for anyone who wants to know more about how AWB became a full-back, his general progress before breaking into the Palace first team, how he transitioned from a left winger to a right back, etc.

The coaches that spent more than just one season with him also give their opinions on his strengths, mentality etc.

It's relevant from 2 mins 50 seconds onwards:

BarstoolProphet

Debut season at age 19. The good thing is that he's also comfortable at LB so will still get many games.
I know, I'm not saying he won't improve in that area, but he was seriously bad at defending at times. He's positionally very suspect and got too easily skinned by opponent wingers several times. He's a very talented footballer though but we haven't so far got the defenders beside him to compensate for his lack of defensive skills so going into the season with him as a first choice fullback would be too high of a risk.

AJ10

1 - :lol:
2- If you make up scenarios in your head then they can piss you off, for no reason.

dasty

Why the feck are so many people talking about Dalot as if us signing AWB would mean he is out of the picture? We only have 1 fecking player that can kinda play as RB now unless you count Young and Darmian. He will get plenty of minutes next season. This is not your FIFA game, players gets injured and needs rests for feck's sake.

devilish

Defenders shouldn't be judged upon their defensive skills but on how many assists they create. Defenders should be judged on how they are good in attacking and attacking minded players should be judged on their abilities to backtrack and defend.

dasty

Defenders shouldn't be judged upon their defensive skills but on how many assists they create. Defenders should be judged on how they are good in attacking and attacking minded players should be judged on their abilities to backtrack and defend.
Give this place Messi and they will complain that he jogs around too much without contributing defensively and is a liability on the pitch :lol:

Toad

Bit harsh, no? :houllier:
How on Earth is this Ole’s fault? He isn’t the one doing the negotiating, in fact don’t think any manager does that part of the deal?

Unless you’ve been playing too much Football Manager.
How the fecks that Ole's fault :lol:
It what world do you think OGS manages transfers? Jose didn’t, LVG didn’t and neither did Moyes.

Get a grip.
... what??
Settle down. And do you think Ole is the one deciding how much we will pay for each target?
1 - :lol:
2- If you make up scenarios in your head then they can piss you off, for no reason.
Sorry I meant Woodward. feck sake, caused all this drama :lol: Definate lack of sleep :rolleyes:

Toad

Genuinely the funniest thing. Came back on and saw 10 notifications and it was at that point I realised... I had fecked up :lol:

Patrick08

If the AWB deal goes through, Dalot is the unfortunate victim of collateral damage caused by our clown car of a club switch managers for fun. If Ole doesn't rate Dalot, he has no future. Just look at lukaku. Jose's main guy, relegated to a bench warmer for rashy. The manager dictates the players he wants, seemingly, he doesn't want dalot as a starter.
Or he could play dalot as wingback and If AWB comes than him as right sided cb.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
I highly recommend the below viewing for anyone who wants to know more about how AWB became a full-back, his general progress before breaking into the Palace first team, how he transitioned from a left winger to a right back, etc.

The coaches that spent more than just one season with him also give their opinions on his strengths, mentality etc.

It's relevant from 2 mins 50 seconds onwards:

Love this no nonsense style. Got my heart set on this signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.