5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyLaw

Let's say Schneiderlin comes in. The main issue that people opposed to it seem to have with him taking over Carricks role in the squad is that he can't match Carricks range of passing. Do you think that playing Adnan in the "Fellaini (or Di maria) role" could be a solution to this, rather than having to search for another more passing-oriented midfielder to complement the midfield (such as for example Gundogan)? I think that the lad has a very good variety and range of passes already and with Schneiderlin behind him perhaps we'd be balanced enough to make that work aswell without losing stability. We saw a little bit of it against Hull where he almost set up Rooney and one where he switched it cross-field to Mata to open up the play.

RuudTom83

I'm hoping with the fuller schedule next season Januzai will have plenty of opportunities to develope.

But note to all the young kids...don't get kicked out the cups in the first few rounds if you wish to make it into the first team!

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
which has been said about every young attacking player ever.

you can't possibly be a direct, attacking player and not lose the ball.
Well look at the likes of AOC, Reus, Draxler, Neymar, Hazard, Sterling aged 20, they were also direct and attacking but they lost the ball far less. Januzaj has good intelligence and vision, but it seems very inconsistent for him. He will get a player 1 vs 1 easily, but then afterwards make a pointless run and lose the bal unneccesarily.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
I'm expecting big things from Janujaz next season.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Similarly, I am hoping that Mi Daria has a better season.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
Well look at the likes of AOC, Reus, Draxler, Neymar, Hazard, Sterling aged 20, they were also direct and attacking but they lost the ball far less. Januzaj has good intelligence and vision, but it seems very inconsistent for him. He will get a player 1 vs 1 easily, but then afterwards make a pointless run and lose the bal unneccesarily.
hazard was crap when he first got to chelsea and a lot of fans were asking for their money back. short term pain for long term gain. i'd say all in all they're pretty glad they kept him, wouldn't you say?

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
hazard was crap when he first got to chelsea and a lot of fans were asking for their money back. short term pain for long term gain. i'd say all in all they're pretty glad they kept him, wouldn't you say?
Crap? He didnt meet their early expectactions of one of the best young talents in the world, but not crap. And Im not really talking about being good or shit, Januzaj is just quite wasteful.

In Rainbows

Crap? He didnt meet their early expectactions of one of the best young talents in the world, but not crap. And Im not really talking about being good or shit, Januzaj is just quite wasteful.
I don't think he was wasteful as a 10 or midfielder. Just quiet.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Crap? How was he crap? He didn't have the kind of impact on games he's having now but from the moment he signed he become their most influential player only 2nd to Mata during that first season.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
It's just down to whether he can get comfortable enough with the extremely detailed and rigid tactics of Van Gaal in time to be a factor next season. If not we should loan him out at the end of pre-season.

Longlivekeano

------------back 5-----------

-------Carrick--Herrera------

-----------Januzaj-------------

--Di Maria--Rooney---Depay

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
And then repeat that exact process the following year? Keep him and persevere until he's ready.
We would certainly have to pick his club carefully and make sure he was continuing his education in that style of football.

Januzaj is a SAF type of player, you tell him to 'Go out and enjoy yourself' and he looks like a future star. Ask him to rigidly perform a tactical dance and he looks like a teenager inexperienced in his craft.

I hope he progresses enough to be a factor next season. If he's not going to get to that point, better keep him happy with first team football somewhere, at worst.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
Crap? How was he crap? He didn't have the kind of impact on games he's having now but from the moment he signed he become their most influential player only 2nd to Mata during that first season.
You know what, that could be. My memory suggests that he was poor in his first season as he settled but I could certainly be wrong about that. Evidently I was.

RooneyLegend

------------back 5-----------

-------Carrick--Herrera------

-----------Januzaj-------------

--Di Maria--Rooney---Depay
Wonderful side that, depending on how quickly Depay adjusts to the league and how our back 4 perform we'd win the league playing amazing football.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
You know what, that could be. My memory suggests that he was poor in his first season as he settled but I could certainly be wrong about that. Evidently I was.
He wasn't poor but wasn't great. He was good for his age. Underwhelming according to some which was harsh. Most here thought Oscar was the better player.

Someone

Something
I haven't seen anything from adnan to suggest he could play a starting role in any position next season, and i'm not convinced that players like him are the type to provide squad depth. He needs to be loaned.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Not sure LvGs low risk policy quite suits Adnans game, where he likes to pick up the ball and move forward, rather than pass it to player X, in a deliberate way to build moves.
I don't know what will happen next year, It's tough to see which position he fits best in LvG's eyes,

I'd really hate to sell him, he has the raw talent to be a good player for us, it would be a betrayal of the Man Utd that I know if we shipped a youngster like him out, Sir Alex would have given him the time and games to develop.

Crashoutcassius

Funny the contrast between the pogba thread where not playing him was marked as 'fergie's greatest mistake' and heavily critisized, and here we can't trust adnan to play any role because he gives the ball away too much.

If we don't play him and he's a star for PSG in a few years the headlines write themselves

Rowem

gently, down the stream
A few months ago there were rumours of LVG wanting to convert Januzaj into a striker - has there been anything further about that?

In Rainbows

Not sure LvGs low risk policy quite suits Adnans game, where he likes to pick up the ball and move forward, rather than pass it to player X, in a deliberate way to build moves.
I don't know what will happen next year, It's tough to see which position he fits best in LvG's eyes,

I'd really hate to sell him, he has the raw talent to be a good player for us, it would be a betrayal of the Man Utd that I know if we shipped a youngster like him out, Sir Alex would have given him the time and games to develop.
If he doesn't want Adnan to be as risky, don't play him as a winger as he will attempt more dribbling from that position.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
It's all Moyes fault. He was comparing Adnan to Cruyff. Everyone knows Van Gaal hates Cruyff.

Oo0AahCantona

Hasn't shown enough to warrant a place in the team, its not uniteds job to facilitate him no matter what, its about him forcing the issue in training and taking his opportunities when he does get gametime. all the tools and facilities are there for him to crack on and forge a brilliant career at united, but its down to him. its not fifa where you just brute force him into the lineup and eventually he gets 90+ rating.

JohnnyLaw

Hasn't shown enough to warrant a place in the team, its not uniteds job to facilitate him no matter what, its about him forcing the issue in training and taking his opportunities when he does get gametime. all the tools and facilities are there for him to crack on and forge a brilliant career at united, but its down to him. its not fifa where you just brute force him into the lineup and eventually he gets 90+ rating.
I get what you're saying but we kind of did with De Gea. He'll get more opportunities once the ship has steadied.

caid

I get what you're saying but we kind of did with De Gea. He'll get more opportunities once the ship has steadied.
Didn't Van Gaal say last season that the youth side of the club would be left as is for the year because he was busy with the first team?
Think it was in pre season.

Hopefully the likes of mcnair, shaw, januzaj and wilson get more game time next year in cups at least.
I'd be disappointed to loan januzaj next season, forget selling him.

Throw depay and some older, wiser heads in around them 4 and we could have the skeleton of a good team for a long time.
Granted januzaj didn't have a great year last season but he still got about a dozen or so games, he'll get opportunities again next season.

Crashoutcassius

I assume you think SAF was bang on to not play an 18 year old Pogba who under performed in his other appearances even if it meant him leaving the club?

Crashoutcassius

Anyone who was around back then does too, just a lot of posts in other threads saying it was fergie going senile. Just hope people realise not putting faith in Adnan now is the exact same thing, albeit adnan has shown a lot more in his first team appearances than pogba did

Gambit

Anyone who was around back then does too, just a lot of posts in other threads saying it was fergie going senile. Just hope people realise not putting faith in Adnan now is the exact same thing, albeit adnan has shown a lot more in his first team appearances than pogba did
Pogbas attitude at the time meant he didn't deserve to play also he's not worth all the hype everyone is making out. Adnan deserves more time from us. We'll battling on 4 fronts next season so there will be plenty of games for him to make his mark.

JohnnyLaw

Didn't Van Gaal say last season that the youth side of the club would be left as is for the year because he was busy with the first team?
Think it was in pre season.

Hopefully the likes of mcnair, shaw, januzaj and wilson get more game time next year in cups at least.
I'd be disappointed to loan januzaj next season, forget selling him.

Throw depay and some older, wiser heads in around them 4 and we could have the skeleton of a good team for a long time.
Granted januzaj didn't have a great year last season but he still got about a dozen or so games, he'll get opportunities again next season.
I Think that he meant that he wouldn't have time for evaluating and setting up the direction of the Academy because all of his focus would go to training the first team. I don't think that doesn't include the likes of Januzaj and Shaw who already were, and would be full members of the first team, and maybe Wilson.

I Think that we've probably has a bit more of a short term mentality in order to secure the top 4 position. Once we've established ourselves at that level we'll be able to start looking toward the future again.

But we'll have a lot of games to play again next year so I'm sure that he'll get a lot more opportunities to play next year compared to this, as long as he doesn't go out on loan.

Last edited:

dirkey

Pogbas attitude at the time meant he didn't deserve to play also he's not worth all the hype everyone is making out. Adnan deserves more time from us. We'll battling on 4 fronts next season so there will be plenty of games for him to make his mark.
I don't agree with this. Not based upon what he did when he was given chances this year. As someone else above said, it's up to him to force the issue. When given time, at least do better than others who play your position. He simply didn't.

Gambit

I don't agree with this. Not based upon what he did when he was given chances this year. As someone else above said, it's up to him to force the issue. When given time, at least do better than others who play your position. He simply didn't.
Disagree all you want, sometimes you have to nurture the talent as well not just expect them to hit the ground at 100 mph. We all got spoilt with the likes of Rooney and Ronaldo being so good at a very young age. Adnan will get more time and more chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.