Japan vs. Saudi Arabia

Thailand vs. China
Iran vs. Oman

-------------------------
Korea vs. Bahrain
Qatar vs. Iraq

UAE vs. Kyrgyzstan
Australia vs. Uzbekistan

These are the KO matches in the respective brackets. Honestly, based on what I've seen of all teams so far, I predict all matches to be competitive and hard-fought. Some very juicy ties there as well. The last round of groupstage was excellent and entertaining (Stark contract to second round) and more to come starting Sunday.

Fair to say the tournament proper is just about to begin. Oman will be a tough opponent. They were very unlucky to lose to Uzbekistan and Japan...CQ must have the lads focused.

Japan vs. Saudi arabia in R16 though...how lovely! :D

Slevs

likes to play with penises
We genuinely got eliminated on a yellow card. feck my life.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Bah, I hate that criteria.
We only have ourselves to blame, we missed at least 5 clear cut chances and you can't concede a goal like that.
I'm still proud of the team, our budget is minimal and our preparations were non existent. The players gave 100% but it wasn't enough. Hopefully we bring in a better coach and the FA actually takes care of the NT. We have a decent group of players and we can cement our position in that second tier in Asia with a bit more work.
Congratulations to Vietnam, hope they do well.

Manowar

Thanks mate. It’s such a pity that we can not both advance to next round after playing our hearts out.

We only have ourselves to blame, we missed at least 5 clear cut chances and you can't concede a goal like that.
I'm still proud of the team, our budget is minimal and our preparations were non existent. The players gave 100% but it wasn't enough. Hopefully we bring in a better coach and the FA actually takes care of the NT. We have a decent group of players and we can cement our position in that second tier in Asia with a bit more work.
Congratulations to Vietnam, hope they do well.
ks

December_16

This is just extraordinary circumstance, how often do we see a team scoring in 90+8’ and still crashing out due to yellow cards? Would be too cruel to Vietnam if both Oman and Lebanon going through by last-kick-of-the-game goals in both games. GG Lebanon!

Anyway, as a team that has been canon fodders for many years and arguably still punching about our weight, just glad to show up in the next round and see where this can go.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Jordan vs. Vietnam
Japan vs. Saudi Arabia

Thailand vs. China
Iran
vs. Oman

-------------------------
Korea vs. Bahrain
Qatar vs. Iraq

UAE vs. Kyrgyzstan
Australia vs. Uzbekistan

Think Jordan game be pretty tight, not sure who'll go through, would favour Jordan I guess.
Saudis I think will give Japan a good game, Japan been awful so far. Will need to improve a lot to go through (definitely capable of it).
China should be pretty straightforward I think, Wu Lei and Gao lin be too much for Thailand quality wise. Also had the luxury of resting last game.
Iran should be comfortable, similar with Korea.
Qatar got too much quality in attack for Iraq, who are awful at the back. Almoez and Afif should get chances.
Think Oz could struggle but should get through.

Manowar

And we won on penalty :drool:
Vietnam were better in this match and it was unlucky for us to even go to the penalty. We managed the game very well and controlled most of the match.
Japan or Saudi Arabia next, bring it on :devil:

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
Anyone watching this? Vietnam just made history by knocking out Jordan on penalties, first team to make it to the quarter-finals and Thailand leading 1-0 against Asian powerhouse China. Good to see South-East Asian teams doing well, always have a soft spot for them, spent a lot of time travelling all over South-East Asia in the past 2 years especially Thailand, its like my second home where I lived in for 4 years.

Frasbul

everclear is a cool band. yeah they still exist.
Anyone watching this? Vietnam just made history by knocking out Jordan on penalties, first team to make it to the quarter-finals and Thailand leading 1-0 against Asian powerhouse China. Good to see South-East Asian teams doing well, always have a soft spot for them, spent a lot of time travelling all over South-East Asia in the past 2 years especially Thailand, its like my second home where I lived in for 4 years.
China is no Asian powerhouse. At least not in the past 10 years. They haven't qualified for any World Cup since 2006 and play really really badly.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Didn't watched but Iran qualified. Have they suffered any goal so far?

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
No, we haven't so far. We conceded a penalty 50 seconds in the game today though. Beiranvand saved it. Just like he did with CR7 at the World Cup.
Iran played solid but not spectacular.
Typical Queiroz. Since he started on the 80's with Portugal Youth teams his teams suffered very few goals. I heard Colombia is interested on him.

Giggsyking

Qatar scored a goal by an originally Iraqi player a son of an international Iraqi player against Iraq.
Bit harsh on Iraq they were the better team and Qatar scored from the first shot on target in the 60th min.

NYAS

Cracking tournament. Really enjoying it. Iran look the best team so far. Japan and Australia have been shit. I say Iran V South Korea final.

December_16

Cracking tournament. Really enjoying it. Iran look the best team so far. Japan and Australia have been shit. I say Iran V South Korea final.
As a Vietnamese, long may it continue. We may have a slight chance now, whereas normally we don’t have a snowball’s chance in hell.

NYAS

As a Vietnamese, long may it continue. We may have a slight chance now, whereas normally we don’t have a snowball’s chance in hell.
Very impressed by your NT. The surprise package of the tournament showing great spirit. There’s no reason why it can’t continue against Japan. They are really disappointing for a Japanese team.

Seij

I can see Qatar shithousing past S. Korea and Australia with the way latter two have been playing this tournament. Wouldn't bet against Iran vs Qatar final. Paulo Bento is a very mediocre coach.

tieunhilang

Regarding Japan, their football hasn't been breathtaking but they seem to hide a lot of strength, still...

NYAS

I can see Qatar shithousing past S. Korea and Australia with the way latter two have been playing this tournament. Wouldn't bet against Iran vs Qatar final. Paulo Bento is a very mediocre coach.
Yeah South Korea have been as disappointing as Japan and Australia but the difference is that I think Son is a big factor for them that no other country possesses in terms of quality of player.

Manowar

Regarding Japan, their football hasn't been breathtaking but they seem to hide a lot of strength, still...
Are you cutchim/huyvupro on gamevn :lol:

It will be 70-30 for Japan against Vietnam, although my patriotic heart says we will have a cracking match and go through via penalty.

The tournament will be Iran to lose though, strongest team so far.

Kevin_

Japan have been chopping and changing 11’s through out groups and I will expect more changes for the tie against Vietnam. I’m hoping for a Japan win!

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Surprised UAE barely got through yesterday. Are they struggling with home pressure as they're not that bad a team and have that midfielder everyone is always going on about as amazing.

Frasbul

everclear is a cool band. yeah they still exist.
Surprised UAE barely got through yesterday. Are they struggling with home pressure as they're not that bad a team and have that midfielder everyone is always going on about as amazing.
If you are talking about Omar Abdulrahman. He missed the tournament. He did his ACL.
For what it's worth, Omar Abdulrahman is the most talented player Asia had since Ali Karimi.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
If you are talking about Omar Abdulrahman. He missed the tournament. He did his ACL.
For what it's worth, Omar Abdulrahman is the most talented player Asia had since Ali Karimi.
Oh right, didn't realise that, sorry. Big shame as UAE probably won't make next WC (if it stays at 32 teams) so that was his big chance to represent them at major tournament.

NYAS

We are sadly quite shit this time. Some talented players but an absolute dinosaur of a coach. Our team from the 2015 tournament would get to the final of this one with their eyes closed. Shame.

Manowar

It will be a huge game for Vietnam today, Japan is not as strong as before but still a level above us. There will be millions happy people if we made history though, too excited for the game to start :devil:

Manowar

Cracking first half, we survived thanks to VAR (in your face, Yoshida) and DeGea-like saves from Van Lam. Had our chances and nearly scored two goals ourselves. Quity optimistic for second half. Go Vietnam!

InfiniteBoredom

It will be a huge game for Vietnam today, Japan is not as strong as before but still a level above us. There will be millions happy people if we made history though, too excited for the game to start :devil:
Even match so far but we can’t score in a brothel so Japan’d probably end up taking it.

marktan

What do we think about that Penalty? Looked like a Penalty in the Var angle, but a side angle showed the defender kicked the ball first.. Imo not a penalty.

Cal?

CR7 fan
What do we think about that Penalty? Looked like a Penalty in the Var angle, but a side angle showed the defender kicked the ball first.. Imo not a penalty.
Personally thought it was quite harsh to give it

Plg91

So proud of our NT. The penalty seems harsh. IMO we had a good game against the Jap. It will be a massive morale boost for us, we have come really far.