Aguero's elbow on Reid | Appeal rejected - Three match ban

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
How many games is violent conduct?

Edit - nevermind, 3 games
:lol: Man Utd fans have been tweeting the video to the FA
Excellent. He has to be banned

If he scores against us you can imagine Mourinho causing a shit storm for the FA to deal with so best to just ban him now

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
How what, sorry? I mean I've seen more blatant, aggressive attacks (for example many from Fellaini) go unpunished. Not saying this should go unpunished, I don't think it should, but I can't see him getting banned.
I dont see how you can get more blatant than intentionally elbowing someone, how does it get more blatant than that?

Giggs86

100% ban. He won't get away with it, it is too obvious to ignore.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
We're not scared of City. We're just not as stupid as they are :) If I were a City fan, I'd be more bothered about the fact Sergio clearly don't want to play for City in the Derby. It was so avoidable! He can't be too bothered..

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
If he does not get banned, i think mourinho will come out and say it and then say everything is against us. Fergie used to do it too, start the mind games(i am not sure how much that has an effect).
I do think fellaini or costa or suarez(if he was at pool) would get banned. I am not sure about aguero because some players never get it, like ramires or scholes.

Walters_19_MuFc

If that was Fellaini, he'd be banned. F.A needs to show some consistency and ban him, regardless of whether he connected properly or not.

FujiVice

There's absolutely zero chance he's not getting banned for that. This happened countless times last season, and now they've clamped down even more on shit like this. I cant see how it is possible for the FA to turn a blind eye to this.

Mister_Stubbs

I reckon Winston Reid is going to get banned for headbutting Aguero's arm. Disgraceful behaviour. 10 game ban needed.

rotherham_red

From GifLord's vid, the ref saw it, no chance he's getting banned. Thank you Andre fecking Marriner :mad:

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
So how quick are the FA usually to pick up on stuff like this? And do they also come out with a statement about not taking retrospective action if they decide not to? Or do they just bypass it?

Mourinho is probably on the horn to Duncan Castles now dictating an article word by word.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
bringing other incidents or players into this just muddys the situation.
Look at it again. He was clearly irritated by Reid. Got angry, clenched his fist and elbowed him.

what else is there to talk about.

violent conduct and 3 match ban. The ref was looking away.

Chicharito_

A ban for sure, everyone on Sky saying it. Stupid from him but we'll have to take it.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
There will be no ban. Ref was right there, there is no way he can say that he did not see it.

saivet

Doubt he will get banned. I recall him stamping on Luiz a few years ago (much worse than today) and I think he got away with it.

VanGaalEra

Everyone in the studio saying its a ban.

Clenched his fist, drew his arm and it doesn't look good is what they're saying. Good 3/4 mins and still going they've been talking about it.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
He'll get away with it. It's a City player we're talking about.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Media are certain to make a big deal of this, simply because they can't wait for a big Mourinho-Pep flare up.
If he doesn't get banned, Mou will make it a topic in pre-match, surely. I don't want him to get him into that mode just yet though.

panz

Looking at the replays I think he actually hit Reid's neck with his fist, elbow didn't connect but there's definite intent in the action.

Irrational.

Bluemoon not happy
So they in turn tweet about us tweeting about it, thus increasing the noise.

Foul play should be punished, during or after the match.

There's no way Aguero isn't getting banned for this, even if @Mark_Barca writes a letter on behalf of Pep to the FA pleading for their exoneration.

*The last part of the post was made in jest, and must not be taken seriously.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
If the ref saw it like so many think, then why didn't he take any action? Not even a yellow or a talking to.

That will be more of a worthy talking point than if he actually missed it, which can be understandable.

CallyRed

Sky are saying Aguero withdrew his arm at the last minute, as such it might save him.

In which case why did the player go off then if there was minimal connection?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I remember there was a time when conversation here about Aguero would turn into an appreciation session about how much of a darling bloke he apparently was.

Thank feck that stopped.