2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Alemar

Still doing the Rashford/Antony trying narrative, are we?
The idea was, that this sort of Rashford should play. But Rashford of recent weeks shouldn’t - and in this case it’s Garnacho on the left with RW up for grabs.

Devil81

Let's keep him on the right and let Rashford take the left.

The very least it keeps Antony out of the team. Also we got a goal involvement finally from the right hand side.

elisha27

It wouldn’t be a bad thing to get prime Kanchelskis incarnate on the right, to be frank. But I think Kanchelskis was faster, but Garnacho has better technique and much higher potential
No slight on Garnacho, but I gotta disagree on this. Kanchelskis had superior technique – in one of SAF's autobiographies, he even described him as one of the finest strikers of a ball he'd ever seen. I can still picture that perfect body shape when he struck a ball. As for pace, Kanchelskis's acceleration in the modern game would surely wreak havoc on these high lines.

sphagnum

Why the feck would I joke. You don't pass from there. Not even sure why would you not take the ball forward.
Whether Rashford passes or not, it’s Garnacho’s responsibility to stay onside. That he didn’t is IMO purely down to his age and inexperience - he’s keen and he’s excited and that’s great, but he does need the discipline and ability to manage his game. And that will come. That’s not the kind of mistake that worries me - there are far bigger issues in this team! Rashford’s lack of confidence in taking it on himself is one of them. That was quite uncharacteristic of him to palm that off to Garnacho.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Fantastic talent. feck the people who were getting on his back, 19 year old in a spotty team. He's got it all and comes up big in big moments too. Took a long time for us to try him on the right but he's quality on either flank.

Stuu

Really should just stay on the right. Think of the number of goals Ronaldo scored early in his career arriving at the back post.

El Jefe

Man of the match and had a seriously impressive performance but with the context of Villa’s tactics I can’t put too much stock in it. Most teams won’t give us that type of space and it’s no surprise each of our forwards had their most impactful game in the PL today.

Garnacho has actually had a couple of games on the right before today and was awful so I’ll need more than today to convince me.

Chicharo

It would be a missed opportunity of significant proportions if we fail to harness Garnacho's talent. Beyond his evident football knowledge, the lad is fiery, energetic, revels in the atmosphere, and possesses a touch of cheekiness when the situation demands. He should be given the #7, leading the charge for the new generation of United.
Hopefully with Mainoo and Hojlund as members of that generation

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s some boy, Antony should struggle for minutes with him on the right.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Let's try him on the right again and hopefully Rashford is fit enough the start the next game. Don't want to see Antony again, he doesn'tbring what Garnacho has which is two footed, fast and willing to take on defenders.

Scottynaldinho

I'm not concerned about his pace. It is evident that he's not rapid but still quick enough and has the trickery to beat his man. He just never stops running.

He reminds me a lot of young Alexis Sanchez.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I liked how he played as RW, constant threat all game and his work rate was very good too. Can be our first choice RW.

Jeffthered

He's becoming our talisman, for this season anyway, simply because of his attitude. He keeps trying, and trying, working and looking to make something happen. He just plays football, and shows that if you keep working on the pitch, you will cause problems for a defence, even when you're not in best of form. Another great thing is the fact that he will be inspiring other young players.. Rasmus, Mainoo, plus the rest of the team. Rashford should (and must) look at himself and take some inspiration for the rest of the season.

Garnacho has put the dramatics of Antony, the laziness and dreadful attitude of Martial, and the petulance of Sancho to shame. And those three cost close to £200m.

GazTheLegend

I can already imagine his brother angling a move for him via tweets in future. Brothers haven't been kind to us in the past.
It's scary thinking about players and their family reading the absolute nonsense on the internet about themselves. I'd have to block it all out COMPLETELY. Everything can get a bit hysterical at times, which is understandable - you're not going to go out of your way to write a balanced, well reasoned opinion, it's always gonna be something you feel strongly about.

We are lucky to have Garnacho, hopefully he can carry us forward now. Absolutely phenomenal last night, never gave up.

daveskimufc

Let's keep him on the right and let Rashford take the left.

The very least it keeps Antony out of the team. Also we got a goal involvement finally from the right hand side.
Yeah really hope he starts v forest on he right.
I think Antony also made a good impact off the bench. Lots of energy.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Love the way he stepped up and took the game by the scruff last night. Very impressive to take that responsibility on himself at such a young age. Shame he was denied his hat trick, (Looked level to me, just his leg sticking out in the action of running) it would have been well deserved.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
So happy to have Garnacho in our team. He is clearly young and talented, always try to make things happen and seems driven to become a success here.

Steve 007

Villa played a game plan that backfired. They played a very high line and although they caught us offside many many times, with our pace upfront we whipped the ball over the top and caught them many times, I’m not sure other teams will do so, but I am convinced that Gernacho has a future as one of the best in the game and can play in the right much better than Anthony.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
I'm worried Madrid will come calling in a couple of years :nervous:

Mainoldo

Great potential. Hasn’t got world class talent but enough to have a very good career at the top level. Lets hope we have a platform for him.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

This boy is the big positive in an otherwise awful season. He needs to work on his decision making but other than that he got all the tools to become a top player.