Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain | Set to miss the 2018/19 season

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
quietly showing himself to be a good player for us in central midfield. Should be one of the first names on the team sheet at the moment.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
quietly showing himself to be a good player for us in central midfield. Should be one of the first names on the team sheet at the moment.
Agreed. He has come on a lot. Took him a while to learn the system and get comfortable, but lately he´s been very good.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Considering how inconsistent other midfield options have been, I think he’s well worth being given a go in midfield.

Hope he starts on Friday.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
Up until that point it was awkward. Coutinho was nervous.
Yeah he´s definitely not a good liar. You can tell from his whole body language that he wants to go. Could tell after the 7-0 spanking of Moscow tbh, on and off the pitch. I just think Liverpool want to do their own business first before the €100M premium kicks in. They get the players they want in January, they might let him go late in the winter. Otherwise the summer is just as good.

Ban

Yeah he´s definitely not a good liar. You can tell from his whole body language that he wants to go. Could tell after the 7-0 spanking of Moscow tbh, on and off the pitch. I just think Liverpool want to do their own business first before the €100M premium kicks in. They get the players they want in January, they might let him go late in the winter. Otherwise the summer is just as good.
Yeah, Keita is coming in the summer right and together with Salah being in ridiculous form it won't make such a difference.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Agreed. He has come on a lot. Took him a while to learn the system and get comfortable, but lately he´s been very good.
Klopp said from the outset that without training, it didn't make sense for him to play in midfield. He was never a signing to go straight into the first XI on day 1. Nor was his 35m signing ever an either/or proposition for a defender (we just plain failed to spend our money on the defenders we needed).

His signing makes a lot of sense at this stage though. Nevermind the fact that he is playing better than any midfielder not named Coutinho lately - If we want to be rotating the squad the way we are this season, we simply need that extra body of sufficient quality in midfield. If he keeps this up he'll be a regular starter for us, or the closest thing to it.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Yeah, Keita is coming in the summer right and together with Salah being in ridiculous form it won't make such a difference.
I think he's replaceable. Playing him in midfield has a cost - His attacking play is terrific from there, but off the ball he's a luxury in that role. Replacing him in midfield with Keita and a proper boss holding midfielder(?) would overall strengthen us. Up front, it means we're playing Mane instead - Not exactly a huge step down.

We still need to go and sign a top of the line creative player who can ask questions of our front three in terms of who should be starting and ideally also play in that 3rd midfielder role to unlock defences. But, assuming Lallana comes back the same player he was before the injury, he's not going to leave a Suarez or Alonso shaped hole in the side.

Still prefer to keep him mind. Whoever we sign is almost certainly not going to be as good. He'd have to want to stay though - or Barca to lower their interest.

mayurr

Supports
Liverpool
Klopp said from the outset that without training, it didn't make sense for him to play in midfield. He was never a signing to go straight into the first XI on day 1. Nor was his 35m signing ever an either/or proposition for a defender (we just plain failed to spend our money on the defenders we needed).

His signing makes a lot of sense at this stage though. Nevermind the fact that he is playing better than any midfielder not named Coutinho lately - If we want to be rotating the squad the way we are this season, we simply need that extra body of sufficient quality in midfield. If he keeps this up he'll be a regular starter for us, or the closest thing to it.
Add to that ..i can only see him improving. Could easily be a regular midfield starter for Liverpool in coming years. Imo he has potential its upto klopp to get it sorted.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
The Sky reporter is an absolute idiot. Ox did well here.
It boggles the mind that he would even ask it. The state of some of these 'reporters'. They basically invite contempt.

Djemba-Djemba

It boggles the mind that he would even ask it. The state of some of these 'reporters'. They basically invite contempt.
Those post match interviews are designed to just cause trouble.

Managers and players get asked leading questions all the time, it's stupid.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Clearly asking to stir some shit. I'd be furious if this question was asked to one of our players considering the circumstances.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible

Played this one perfectly.
Yeah, that's quality. Stepped in before the media had any words they could spin or twist. Pleasing to see a post-match shit-stirrer get shut down, even if it is Liverpool.

Perhaps the reporters might have a point about asking of Coutinho's unrest if it was visible from his performances, but he's is in solid form and playing very well. There's just no need to be trying to fuel that fire. The window isn't even open.

Loke

Supports
Arsenal
Don't remember ox giving us 100% before he promptly buggered off. In fact was best player for Liverpool in that earlier game at anfield before departing :rolleyes:

Coutinho is definitely gone, you can see he's just biding his time

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
FSG should throw what it takes at Coutinho. He's reaching world class level and it would be disappointing to see him spend his peak years elsewhere. With four years on his deal and no release clause, we should theoretically be holding all of the cards. Clear he wants to leave though.

And yet there were so many repeatedly asking as to the point of his signing, including our fans who have moaned for years about a lack of depth. Amazing how short sighted football fans constantly prove themselves to be.

Leuthen

3 - Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has scored as many goals in 20 Premier League appearances for Liverpool than in his last 71 appearances for Arsenal. Flourishing.

Arsene knows best?

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
already reaping the rewards from competent coaching
Yep, didn’t start well after Wenger had turned him in to a pub player but he’s already noticeably improved. Fair play to him. Still not worth the 35 + 5 they paid for him yet but he’s proving a useful addition to the squad I guess and played well today.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
already reaping the rewards from competent coaching
That and having a coach that expects zero defensive contribution beyond pressing. Anyone will improve their goalscoring under Klopp because he’s so gung-ho in his approach. Need more time before we can say whether he’s improved or not.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
That and having a coach that expects zero defensive contribution beyond pressing. Anyone will improve their goalscoring under Klopp because he’s so gung-ho in his approach. Need more time before we can say whether he’s improved or not.
Of course time will tell the whole story but you can already see he is enjoying himself

Blind

He was excellent all round today, constantly looking for the ball, driving forward, keeping it simple when needed, should be one of the first names on the Liverpool team sheet if he keeps it up.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
He was excellent all round today, constantly looking for the ball, driving forward, keeping it simple when needed, should be one of the first names on the Liverpool team sheet if he keeps it up.
Lots of people on here saying he's too one dimensional and unintelligent to ever be a midfielder. He's looked like an increasingly cultured player in the past couple of months.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
I thought he was the best player on the pitch in the first half - bossed the midfield. How the feck did Wenger have him playing wing back at Arsenal?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Another evidence that Wenger is no longer getting the best out of his players.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I hate to admit it, but the toothy German sure know how to get his players to perform. Ox looked like a dud during his Arse reign, but now he is starting to look good.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I hate to admit it, but the toothy German sure know how to get his players to perform. Ox looked like a dud during his Arse reign, but now he is starting to look good.
You mean he looked like an Arsenal player in his Arsenal days:smirk:
A bit like Aboomerang and Mkhi do now

Jamie L

Supports
Liverpool
He’s definitely been playing better lately, especially since he moved into a midfield role. He started off for us as a wide option but was pretty forgettable there to be honest.

Fridge chutney

Do your best.
Lots of people on here saying he's too one dimensional and unintelligent to ever be a midfielder. He's looked like an increasingly cultured player in the past couple of months.
That's down to the coaching. He looked poor at Arsenal. It was the right move for him.

OneFootball

Supports
Liverpool
He’s definitely been playing better lately, especially since he moved into a midfield role. He started off for us as a wide option but was pretty forgettable there to be honest.
You’re right, the improvement has come since his move to a more central area. Hope to see him play with some consistancy now. Early withdrawal so maybe he’ll be starting again tuesday night.