5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RonW

People forget that Sanchez is more of a link up player, he used to do that a lot in Arsenal when he would link up with the other attackers and score goals and make assists. Who is he going to link up with in here? Lukaku who can't control a football? Martial who is played out of position in the right? Sanchez does some good link up play with Mata, but we definitely need Sanchez to be No. 10 and Martial to be on the left to get the best out of him.

LeftyBlaster

Some people will continue to bury their head in the sand and keep on repeating all we need is a shiny new signing and all will be fine. If we do buy a new CM and a LB, so what? How will that fix our completely disjointed and ponderous attack? If we replace Jones and Smalling, so what? How will it change the teams inability to pass and move? We've spent hundreds of millions and still resort to hoofing the ball. We struggle to make even basic passes when under pressure. How much money do we need to spend on players to rectify this exactly? Honestly, whoever thinks our issue is the quality of the players is utterly deluded. As a team we're broken and have no identity; that comes solely from the manager and coaching staff.
More sense. Good to see I’m not the only one who believes in this.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Can´t really understand our mentality. They are all individuals in every part of the game. No teamwork, no synergy, nobody´s standing up for eachother when they are down or blatantly kicked down. Besides, Mata (who is not good enough), Young, Valencia, Lukaku, Mctominay (Potential) and Matic (overworked). We are just physical individuals.
I think you have a point here. What I was referring to may no longer exist in modern football, but that's not to say it can't be achieved through a collective team spirit mentality. I'd say both Spurs and Liverpool are excellent examples of this.

Classnordic

I think you have a point here. What I was referring to may no longer exist in modern football, but that's not to say it can't be achieved through a collective team spirit mentality. I'd say both Spurs and Liverpool are excellent examples of this.
Yes i agree, sprus have really great team mentality.

Timdbro

He’s really been getting everything wrong since he joined us, even simple stuff, it’s unbelievable

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
He’s really been getting everything wrong since he joined us, even simple stuff, it’s unbelievable
That chance to play through Pogba at the death of the first half..

I was ecstatic and thought he would provide an instant impact. Not gone that way so far. Hope he hits his stride ASAP, we need it.

Icemav

I hope this isnt the moment that we concretely realise that a red hot 27yo Mahrez on the right would have been a far better option to an out of form 29yo Sanchez

Tbf he was involved in the build up to the goal, but overall just ok (and I am a fan of Mahrez).

acnumber9

Looks like the player he’s been at Arsenal the last few months. I was worried he was finished and so far he’s not done much unless he’s had tons of time and space. Hopefully it’s just poor form.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Looks like the player he’s been at Arsenal the last few months. I was worried he was finished and so far he’s not done much unless he’s had tons of time and space. Hopefully it’s just poor form.
I think he's still getting used to a very different style of play. Been poor today though.

Still very much question the length of contract we gave him.

drdoityourself

The pass in the build up to the goal was smart, something not many would try in our team. Ball played at pace to martial with his back to goal, Mata for instance would probably have recycled possession to the fullbacks.

He takes chances in his play, something that most players in our team really don't like doing. And when it doesn't come off it often looks sloppy.
He's yet to get used to our players, so I'm happy with his contribution so far and think there's much more to come from him.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Want him to do well, but he looks so bad so far. Lack of fitness?

Icemav

I think he's still getting used to a very different style of play. Been poor today though.

Still very much question the length of contract we gave him.
Style wise Mahrez should have been v comfortable

Paul778

Sanchez offers more from the left and Lingard more dynamic that Martial.

For once I'd like to see Martial really breaking a sweat. Until then he doesn't deserve to displace Sanchez

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The only thing we are getting from him is a shift, atm.
Signing players in January is very awkward.
Doesn't look like he's on any sort of wavelength with his teammates.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The only thing we are getting from him is a shift, atm.
Signing players in January is very awkward.
Doesn't look like he's on any sort of wavelength with his teammates.

Greck

Frustrating but contributed to the goal and created several opportunities. At the end of the day attackers should be favourably judged for these things not pointless pass completion stats

Utdstar01

Needs a bit of time to settle. He had a few good moments in between a lot of frustrating ones.

peridigm

Difficult moving to a club in January and making an instant impact but his class is showing even if he’s not having MOTM performances.

el3mel

He's a massive headache for us at the moment but today's formation is the best. We should keep playing him, Martial and Lukaku in it and see. The link in first goal was promising.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Takes a lot to neutralise the threat of a world class attacker like Sanchez....but we seem to have managed it!

jungledrums

He's a massive headache for us at the moment but today's formation is the best. We should keep playing him, Martial and Lukaku in it and see. The link in first goal was promising.
Yeah I think so too. Those three playing to potential together would be staggering.

Icemav

Totally agree we stick with this formation as it sures up midfield. And Sanchez on the right seems best for the team. I still think Mahrez would have been a better signing for that job but oh well.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Think it was about a 4/10 performance today. Really doesn't look like he wants to be here TBH.

Maybe that 7 shirt really is cursed after all..

Ban

Think it was about a 4/10 performance today. Really doesn't look like he wants to be here TBH.

Maybe that 7 shirt really is cursed after all..
Oh Jesus Christ you're an expert on people looking like they don't want to be at United after so few games?

AmanNits04

He has been here for handful of games. Let's at least have him half of the season . He is different class for sure.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Oh Jesus Christ you're an expert on people looking like they don't want to be at United after so few games?
Yeah, doesn't seem to me that he really gives 2 shits TBH. Don't remember him ever being this poor at Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.