Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think he's a class act of a player. Always wanted him. Would never refuse him either. It's going to take some time to figure it out. Players like Sanchez if they don't settle and hit the ground running look like an odd buy. He has many of the traits we lack as a team. We just need him to find a place and kick on in the team...more likely next season it seems....
It's not really the position or the team, it's himself.

He's not holding the ball well or making passes/shots. Only he can raise his performance really. I am sure he will settle down eventually, probably next year once the hype wears down a bit.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
It’s that bloody number 7 shirt. Absolutely cursed since Ronnie left.

This is a tongue in cheek comment by the way :D

Canagel

Missed a 1 on 1 at the end of the Sweden game but one of the Chilean players got the rebound and scored. Definitely low on confidence. The Sanchez of Arsenal would've buried these kind of chances. He needs goals and needs them quickly.

RedorDead21

It's not really the position or the team, it's himself.

He's not holding the ball well or making passes/shots. Only he can raise his performance really. I am sure he will settle down eventually, probably next year once the hype wears down a bit.
I'd agree only there are no many parts not functioning right now I'm going to say there is more to it than just his poor form. But regardless the team and him need to find their way...and Mou....unlike most I'm kinda enjoying this struggle mind. I laugh as well when I say struggle as we are 2nd....

Web of Bissaka

We should blame Ronnie for leaving and thus cursing the #7 shirt. :p

But seriously, hoping Sanchez can break this "curse", the talent and mentality are there check, just the form and contributions not yet.

Rashford2good

I don't know if anybody else has posted this but Sanchez coming to us is very similar to the di maria transfer. Big fanfare, great player, massive publicity but went pear shaped very quickly.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I don't know if anybody else has posted this but Sanchez coming to us is very similar to the di maria transfer. Big fanfare, great player, massive publicity but went pear shaped very quickly.
Not really. Di Maria was forced out of Real Madrid whereas Sanchez wanted out.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s barely been here 8 weeks! He’s not had a full preseason, he’s had a start stop season with Arsenal and trained with the kids. He’s been transferred to a new club, 8 weeks into it he’s branded a flop. Patience is key with such a talented player he will be a star next season.

Grande

I think every time a great player comes to us, there’s big fanfare and massive publicity.

Di Maria started brilliantly, then faded. Pogba struggled, picked up speed with ups and downs.
Falcao never really got going. Done superbly after change of club, though.
Mata started slowly, then was pretty good, and has been a player for some occasions but noth others.
Mkhitaryan was GPOTY, made people lick their lips with the potential of the first training games, disappeared after City, flattered to deceive for a couple og months, and petered out. Doesn’t look great at Arse so far.
Zlatan had the best ever first season of a 35 years old attacker(?), and has even had big fanfares upon showing up for training.
Going back, Berbatov wasn’t all that, then slowly improved, split the crowds with flashes of brilliance and not being as good as Ronaldo or hardworking as Tevez.
Tevez wasn’t the new Maradona, he was the new Billy Bremner as false nine. To think that we had Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez and Berbatov at the same time, where dissatisfied with all of them, and are now complaining that Lukaku, Sanchez, Martial and Rashford are not at their level tells us all we should need to know about us supporters’ ability to judge quality.

Litch

Complete overreaction to his start here imo. He will be a big success here, just trying way too hard at the moment and consequently is playing bad. The fact that he is taking up the position of Martial/Rashford/Pogba seems to have set some element of our support against him already. Don't get me wrong I'm not denying he has been shit,(he had plenty of spells at Arsenal where he was not good too), but I like the way he never stops working hard and I am confident that he will turn things around.
Absolutely.

Litch

He’s barely been here 8 weeks! He’s not had a full preseason, he’s had a start stop season with Arsenal and trained with the kids. He’s been transferred to a new club, 8 weeks into it he’s branded a flop. Patience is key with such a talented player he will be a star next season.
Absolutely x2. It's not like he's seamlessly joined a team that was firing anyway and became dysfunctional once he joined.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I can't buy the we should not have sign him argument. He's a fantastic player that has come in to a team that was struggling to find cohesion. He's not the cause of it.
If by some miracle, we learn to play as a team, he'd be an incredible asset.
January is never easy for new players, especially one that is knackered.
Give him time.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Looked below par for Chile the other day. Better than he has for us but it's still not the real Sanchez. Really needs a rest IMO and hopefully after this summer he will be back.

Rashford2good

I can't buy the we should not have sign him argument. He's a fantastic player that has come in to a team that was struggling to find cohesion. He's not the cause of it.
If by some miracle, we learn to play as a team, he'd be an incredible asset.
January is never easy for new players, especially one that is knackered.
Give him time.
I think you saying if we learn to play as a team is very true as at the minute we just seem so disjointed and one dimensional. Next season we will see why he's worth 500k a week.

BigBebe

Looked below par for Chile the other day. Better than he has for us but it's still not the real Sanchez. Really needs a rest IMO and hopefully after this summer he will be back.
Yes, I thought the same, he is trying hard but things are not quite working for him. I think the end of the season can't come soon enough for him.

Get him a good rest then a great preseason and I think he will be fine.

Web of Bissaka

I can't buy the we should not have sign him argument.
Agreed.

If a top class player is suddenly available and we have a pretty good chance of getting him, wouldn't it be mad if we didn't go for it? The caf frowned with the many players we have "missed" in the past eg. Kroos, Benzema, Bale, etc. Now that we have Sanchez, suddenly we shouldn't get him? I'm glad we got Di Maria and Veron among many others, eventhough it didn't worked out that well, the effort and intention are there by the club. Good tries, but unintended results.

Alexis still have chances to prove doubters wrong, and I'm sure opinions will suddenly change once he starts playing well. :D Relax, panic after 20 games if still the same.
So far, out of 10 games, about 2-3 fair games, the rest are average, and some are just so bad.
Fantastic attitude and effort though, in games and the extra trainings he did.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Tongue in cheek or not, there’s no denying that the damn shirt is kryptonite. If Sanchez really does turn out a flop (I don’t think he will) then it will be a brave man who next agrees to be our number 7.

Hitchez

I can't buy the we should not have sign him argument
We swapped him for Mkhitaryan. Who says no that kind of that deal? People saying we shoudn't have bought him are clearly of their minds. What can be questioned is how we've deployed him so far and his own form.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Can't help but think it's a little optimistic to think he'll be back to his absolute best after the summer, when he's older. I think it's possible he's peaked early a la Rooney. We shall see.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Can't help but think it's a little optimistic to think he'll be back to his absolute best after the summer, when he's older. I think it's possible he's peaked early a la Rooney. We shall see.
He didn't peak early though... last season was his best season, and the few years before that were very good too. In the summer he wanted to leave, deal fell through and so his motivation probably went to the shitter but he still tried, just it's hard when you don't want to be there. Then he moved in January and we struggled as a team which never helps. Plus he hasn't had a break in ages. This summer off will do him a world of good. Plus will have had 6 months at the club getting to know his teammates and them knowing him.

Swift Football

Missed a 1 on 1 at the end of the Sweden game but one of the Chilean players got the rebound and scored. Definitely low on confidence. The Sanchez of Arsenal would've buried these kind of chances. He needs goals and needs them quickly.
Well..it was 50/50. There was not much angle to shoot at and sanchez rightly tried to direct it towards far post, but hit the keeper.

ROFLUTION

How was he for Chile?
He was alright against Denmark in first half - crossed well and found his team-mates well. Almost got a goal, but was under pressure.

I think he used to be a bit more direct for Arsenal though. We need to find that Alexis. Can't believe Mourinho hasn't tried him on the right neither.

Alabaster Codify7

His attitude is spot-on but he's really low on confidence and it seems to be getting worse. I really fear what will happen if he's still struggling at the start of next season, the pressure seems to be getting to him in my opinion.

ROFLUTION

He's played non stop with world cup, copa america, confederations cup, etc the last many years. Hasn't had a rest for years. Could be that he just need a solid rest and a good pre-season too.

Walters_19_MuFc

He was alright against Denmark in first half - crossed well and found his team-mates well. Almost got a goal, but was under pressure.

I think he used to be a bit more direct for Arsenal though. We need to find that Alexis. Can't believe Mourinho hasn't tried him on the right neither.
Thanks.

Yes, I'm very surprised Jose hasn't tried him on the right. I mean, you have to wonder if there was any point of getting him if Mourinho's intentions were always to play him on the left - the position we hardly need anymore options for.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
He didn't peak early though... last season was his best season, and the few years before that were very good too. In the summer he wanted to leave, deal fell through and so his motivation probably went to the shitter but he still tried, just it's hard when you don't want to be there. Then he moved in January and we struggled as a team which never helps. Plus he hasn't had a break in ages. This summer off will do him a world of good. Plus will have had 6 months at the club getting to know his teammates and them knowing him.
You speak as if you know for a fact that he hasn't peaked. You can't know that for sure. Everything you've said could just be wishful reasoning. I'm not claiming to possess the facts here. All I'm saying is I have some fear that he won't return to his best as he's nearing 30. We'll see next season. I'll be happy to be surprised.

Web of Bissaka

Hmm, we really should consider Sanchez's playstyle and end this "Sanchez should play on the right" banner.
-cutting in to his favored right foot to dribble inside, deliver his hollywood pass, keeping possession, and shooting.
--rarely crossing, opting instead to put in cutting through balls in every angles and any distance.
---rarely beat players with pace, usually with close control, dribbles, and constant movements with link-up plays.

Let's say he'll play on the right, RM/RW.
-He'll have to play a different strict playstyle. He's an instinctive type of player, at best moving freely.
--Can't see him beating defenders with pace, LBs are usually fast.
---Can't see him kept on delivering crosses after crosses. His crosses are fine, but not a deadly weapon.
----Relying on just his dribbling and ball control skills? Defenders knock him down easily.
-----Overall, can see him struggle playing on the right.
------(Left footed players play well as RM/RW nowadays eg. Dembele, Mahrez, Salah, etc. Right footed players eg. Willian relies on speed.)

*Playing on the left and center (drift left wide) seem to suit him better than the right.

Even with Chile and Arsenal, he very rarely plays as the RM/RW. Mourinho tried him once as a false RM against Chelsea.

That said, I like to see him playing that false RM again. :smirk: Just once so far with us.

Ban

Very good game and well taken goal. Never stopped running and working for the team.

Didn't give Jose a high five when subbed of so that's a concern.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Worked really hard backwards, which was pleasing to see. I just hope the goal gives him his confidence back. Even after that there was the air shot in the box. Still looks like the weight of the shirt is holding him down. If he can get on a good run maybe we'll see him loosen up a little?

Minimalist

Assist and a nice goal without really lighting the place up. He'll take that given his recent form.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Very good today. Loved his finish how quickly and confidently he took it, like the Sanchez we've seen for Arsenal always. Got an assist too, doesn't hurt. Worked really hard the other way and linked up well throughout. MotM IMO. Hopefully he pushes on and finishes the season strongly, then has a big one next season.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Very good game and well taken goal. Never stopped running and working for the team.

He hates being subbed, was always the case.
It's not a problem.

Kostur

海尔的老板

Jose pat him on the shoulder, Alexis sort of slapped Jose's ass, everything is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.