5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TypeR

I'm not convinced despite this being one of his better performances since joining. Compared to the explosive player that burst onto the scene with Udinese and Barca, this version of Alexis's lost a fair bit of pace and looks sluggish. He tries hard, and you can't fault his effort, but there were a couple of times where his fullback matched him pace for pace, which was unthinkable a couple of years back. He just currently looks like he's carrying a few pounds too much. I'm not sure if he's worth disrupting our left side for what with Martial's form this season, and certainly not on the wages he's got.

Bobski

I'm not convinced despite this being one of his better performances since joining. Compared to the explosive player that burst onto the scene with Udinese and Barca, this version of Alexis's lost a fair bit of pace and looks sluggish. He tries hard, and you can't fault his effort, but there were a couple of times where his fullback matched him pace for pace, which was unthinkable a couple of years back. He just currently looks like he's carrying a few pounds too much. I'm not sure if he's worth disrupting our left side for what with Martial's form this season, and certainly not on the wages he's got.
Was he ever that fast in a straight line over distance? 10-15 yards yes, but he is simply too small at 5"7 to be able run away from full backs, who are often the best pure athletes on the pitch. His strength always his agility and that initial burst when turning.

Ban

He came in middle of the season. Was always hard to blend it right away. No need to give up on him already. And he's not on some monstrous wages.

Hojoon

Was he ever that fast in a straight line over distance? 10-15 yards yes, but he is simply too small at 5"7 to be able run away from full backs, who are often the best pure athletes on the pitch. His strength always his agility and that initial burst when turning.
Agreed. He's electric and has a quick burst of pace but he's never been a Bale or Walker who could outpace anyone in long distance.

manunited1919

Hopefully his confidence is lifted and he can build on this. But I am still not convinced he should be playing in the left. I like him better through the middle, and Rashford or Martial on the left.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Im going to give him the rest of the season a by-ball. He didn't have a great year with the national team. He was below par at Arsenal with all the shit surrounding him and now I think all of that has crept in to his United career.

Without the World Cup, he can get good rest and recharge his batteries and kick on next season. Also, he'll be a bit more used to the United set up etc. So I'm not worried at all about him hitting form again. It's rather when than if.

Excellent goal today btw.

Bobski

Hopefully his confidence is lifted and he can build on this. But I am still not convinced he should be playing in the left. I like him better through the middle, and Rashford or Martial on the left.
Too wasteful playing through the middle where consistent decision making is crucial. He is a wide forward rather than a playmaker.

manunited1919

Too wasteful playing through the middle where consistent decision making is crucial. He is a wide forward rather than a playmaker.
He is going to lose the ball no matter where he plays. But at leadt through the middle he will help create more danger with incisive play.

GM K

Complete overreaction to his start here imo. He will be a big success here, just trying way too hard at the moment and consequently is playing bad. The fact that he is taking up the position of Martial/Rashford/Pogba seems to have set some element of our support against him already. Don't get me wrong I'm not denying he has been shit,(he had plenty of spells at Arsenal where he was not good too), but I like the way he never stops working hard and I am confident that he will turn things around.
Good post except that Sanchez has not been shit since he joined United. I actually think he has been decent for a January transfer and a team that has had a few important players off form periodically.

The only problem is that he has not been as good as we know he can be. But I bet he will soon be back to form.

Frank Grimes

Good post except that Sanchez has not been shit since he joined United. I actually think he has been decent for a January transfer and a team that has had a few important players off form periodically.

The only problem is that he has not been as good as we know he can be. But I bet he will soon be back to form.
I never said he was shit for his complete spell, I said he has been shit in that spell, hence the brackets about him having poor spells at Arsenal too.

haram

Better from him today. Always feel like he will win it back when he starts chasing opposition players.

SirAF

Ageist
Since when anyone take Ban seriously ? :D
:lol:

The great thing about getting him in January is that he’ll get half a season AND a pre-season to get him ready for next season.

Sanche7

Was recently talking to my Arsenal supporting friend about Sanchez.
In the beginning he kept telling me how poor Sanchez has been playing, thank you for Mikhitaryan, Sanchez is already on the decline and all that

But after 5 minutes, his tone changed and he said 'who am I kidding, Sanchez is a monster of a player, he will be really good for you. All he needs is some time and you will see how good he is. That guy never stops trying, I don't think he knows how to give up'
Even people who hate him have more faith in Sanchez than many United supporters, including me. Speaks volumes about the kind of person he is and the kind of player he is.

I'm sure after some rest and a full pre season, Sanchez will be ready, to lead us into glory :devil:

Junior Ahenkora

Sanchez at his best relies on explosive acceleration...however, sanchez is 29 atm, next year he'll be 30. Arsenal got a good deal tbh, Sanchez is finished.

el3mel

Sanchez at his best relies on explosive acceleration...however, sanchez is 29 atm, next year he'll be 30. Arsenal got a good deal tbh, Sanchez is finished.
Yep. They got another 29 years old player who has been a massive flop in the league and still is. Good deal.

Junior Ahenkora

"massive flop in the league" how? His first half as a Man Utd player was great.

Besides that Arsenal have the better deal. Mkhitaryan is on less wages, plus he doesn't rely on pace, so he has a few more years in him. Mikhi has 6 assists and 3 goals while Sanchez has performed worst for us with only 3 assists and 2 goals and won't improve much since his pace is gone. I would have rather sold Mikhi and used the wages for a better younger player than Sanchez.

Last edited by a moderator:

Devil may care

He was ok, ran about a lot and was invovled in both goals, hopefully getting on the scoresheet will lift his confidence.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
"massive flop in the league" how? His first half as a Man Utd player was great.

Besides that Arsenal have the better deal. Mkhitaryan is on less wages, plus he doesn't rely on pace, so he has a few more years in him. Mikhi has 6 assists and 3 goals while Sanchez has performed worst for us with only 3 assists and 2 goals and won't improve much since his pace is gone. I would have rather sold Mikhi and used the wages for a better younger player than Sanchez.
Nonsense.

And Mikhi is no less reliant on pace than Sanchez.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Much better today. He will be worth 5 x mkhitaryan to us when all is said and done.

TypeR

At Barca he was, but that may be a relative effect of the whole league being generally not as fast as the PL is, but that initial burst is specifically what I'm talking about. I've not seen it consistently from Sanchez all season, and at 29, age is not on his side.

Not disputing his quality and the good outing he had today, but where he should be deployed at this stage in his career. I'd put him in the middle, Martial left, and Mata/Lingard right, interchanging throughout the game. I'd half suspect that he's the kind of 10 that Mourinho likes. Full of running and combativeness. The context is that our left side has been good to great this year with Martial and Rashford both chipping in. It's just poor on Mourinho's part to think that Sanchez should waltz into the left side midway through the season.

Acole9

Outstanding
The best I've seen him for us so far, not a top notch performance but better than he's shown in most matches. He really needed that goal to give him a confidence boost.

Canagel

Next season Sanchez will explode into life and be the PL top scorer on our way to to a unprecedented 21st league title. You heard it here first.

Status
Not open for further replies.