5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canagel

I hope people saying Alexis Sanchez is old at 29 and is going to decline quickly watched Ribery's performance last night. The guy is 35 and was toying with Real Madrid at times. Alexis is someone who is obsessed with his fitness and doesn't pick up many injuries. We can get at least another 6/7 years out of him definitely.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I hope people saying Alexis Sanchez is old at 29 and is going to decline quickly watched Ribery's performance last night. The guy is 35 and was toying with Real Madrid at times. Alexis is someone who is obsessed with his fitness and doesn't pick up many injuries. We can get at least another 6/7 years out of him definitely.
Think that could be pushing it but hopefully 3 at least.

edgar allan

Be good if we could get a couple of good performances in a row before thinking of the next 7 seasons.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Be good if we could get a couple of good performances in a row before thinking of the next 7 seasons.
He was good against Swansea and City, that's couple of good performances in a row. Now can we think about next 7 seasons?

roonster09

Scout
Close, only half the City game.
Why just half, go with just 40 mins as first 5 mins in the second half he didn't do anything. You can also say he wasn't good after 3rd goal so he was good for just 30 mins or so.

roonster09

Scout
This is laughable.

Few who think Martial should stay started to blame Sanchez.

Few who think Jose can do no wrong started to invent stats and twist them to make Martial look bad.

Lot of divisions, we don't have to shit on our players just because we also like our youngsters.

roonster09

Scout
Do you know if we employed a full time worker to count out his 180 million wages in fivers it would take over 3 years ( including tea breaks)
Do you know, we don't have to do employ a full time worker to count the wages?

roonster09

Scout
Very interesting.
His stats are well improved for passes in his own half and duels won. If he was a full back we would be delighted.... (insert your own comment here regarding defensive set ups).
I see his possession lost stats are similar, he must have given the ball away ridiculously for Arsenal also this year.
Early days but has the strong hint of a player brought in on reputation and past ( not recent) performance.
Arsenal must be absolutely laughing their balls off.
Mhiki, as poor as he was could at least make a pass occasionally.
That he could pass a ball to players in the same team? You don't need to be at a club 2 years to manage that surely.
He had a good half against City, does that make up for the terrible performances in the majority of games since he arrived?
Judging him on a couple of good games and ignoring the average at best performances for the whole season would be closer to pure stupidity imo.
Well you would assess his performance based on the 13 games he has played. You may not make a long term judgement on his ability but you can certainly judge him.
He has been incredibly disappointing since he arrived, poor for Arsenal before he arrived and he has played more than 13 games this season.
A few preseason games in Hong Kong may miraculously improve his form next year....or it may not.
Hey, you like Sanchez that's great.
I personally think that he has completely underperformed this season and he was absolutely terrible again today.
He's not some young foreign inexperienced raw talent that needs lots of time to bed in to a new team, I would have expected that he would have demonstrated much more by now. He has certainly been incredibly overpaid for his performances.
No one is writing him off yet, but the signs are worrying. He certainly deserves to be dropped for a few games at least.
Are you giving him an assist for Pogbas goal that Herrera created?
Do you know if we employed a full time worker to count out his 180 million wages in fivers it would take over 3 years ( including tea breaks)
Didn't know what I was dealing with, it's clear not to waste any time.

edgar allan

Didn't know what I was dealing with, it's clear not to waste any time.
No problem. I stand over all that as a true and accurate picture of his contribution so far. He played really well against Spurs so maybe his form will improve and he will perform somewhere in the region of the wages he thinks he is entitled too.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I could forgive him for not putting in the level of effort he did in the semi every week. That’s a lot of effort, especially with this team around him.

Janson

This. He needs to be in the box as much as possible. It was interesting his goal came from that right hand side and he made a run infield. Pogba picked him perfectly. Those two need to stop getting in each others way. We would've been 10 times more dangerous with a Rashford/Martial on the left and then Sanchez on the right or through the middle. They way he can't get in Pogba's way. There's no point having our two most dangerous players on the same side of the pitch within 10 yards of each other. Give Sanchez a free role on the right and then bring in Martial on the left we will see a big improvement in our play.
Yeah, the same way people used to argue we would be 10 times more dangerous with both Martial and Rashford together. Too bad the manager has no idea we can be 10 times more dangerous, someone should clue him in on this secret.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I could forgive him for not putting in the level of effort he did in the semi every week. That’s a lot of effort, especially with this team around him.
Not sure I agree with that. Players should be putting in 100% every week, especially if they think they need to make up for their team mates.

Member 85611

Sanchez is a worldclass player and he's gonna show it next season big time.

promisedlanchiao

What even is this post?

Firstly, Alexis has been a good, if not decent addition to the squad since he signed. I have been watching him, and since he’s signed he’s put in a few brilliant performances for us, namely against huddersfield, swansea, city and spurs in the FA Cup.

Also, the aforementioned point is just one of the spectacular things about Alexis. Another thing I have noticed is that even when he wasn’t playing well, he was still working his bollocks off to try and win a game/see out a game/change a game for us. As I’m sure the great man Sir Alex Ferguson once said, the minimum requirement is that you give a 100% every game.

All in all, I’m pretty satisfied with Alexis and think he’s so far been a 7/10 signing for us, just one behind my rating for Matic, who has been great for us and just what we needed. So hopefully he can kick on next season and become the world class 9-10/10 player we all know he can be.

edgar allan

What even is this post?

Firstly, Alexis has been a good, if not decent addition to the squad since he signed. I have been watching him, and since he’s signed he’s put in a few brilliant performances for us, namely against huddersfield, swansea, city and spurs in the FA Cup.

Also, the aforementioned point is just one of the spectacular things about Alexis. Another thing I have noticed is that even when he wasn’t playing well, he was still working his bollocks off to try and win a game/see out a game/change a game for us. As I’m sure the great man Sir Alex Ferguson once said, the minimum requirement is that you give a 100% every game.

All in all, I’m pretty satisfied with Alexis and think he’s so far been a 7/10 signing for us, just one behind my rating for Matic, who has been great for us and just what we needed. So hopefully he can kick on next season and become the world class 9-10/10 player we all know he can be.
I think the word you used decent is a fair comment. Some good games and some poor games. Excellent against Spurs and City poor in other games....as I said inconsistent.
The bar is high for him in my book as he has demanded a huge salary far in excess of any other player in the team. Overall for me since he has joined more often than not he has underperformed, as he did for Arsenal for most of the earlier season.

He works really hard for the team that is a given, it is a very positive attribute. However in my opinion it is spin that he has had an impressive start to his career with us. Maybe next year he will prove it.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
quoting people on this forum is free bruv. Instead of these shots in the wind, you could pull receipts, quote posts and talk directly to the people you’re accusing of these things.
Indeed.
I have no issues with naming and shaming.
I have been saying for the last few months that too many posters are berating our team, rather than supporting and encouraging them.
The bizarre thing is that they hail our rivals (managers and players), while stating that our own players and manager are crap.
Name and shame.

edgar allan

Indeed.
I have no issues with naming and shaming.
I have been saying for the last few months that too many posters are berating our team, rather than supporting and encouraging them.
The bizarre thing is that they hail our rivals (managers and players), while stating that our own players and manager are crap.
Name and shame.
Supporting the team during the game and giving an objective (but entirely subjective) opinion on tactics, selections and performance, positive or negative after the game is entirely reasonable imo.

deafepl

Look like Sanchez is enjoying new friendship with Lukaku, it looks like as if Lukaku is his best friend. You can see Sanchez's posts of him and Lukaku together on the Instagram lot. Lukaku did the same thing.

ash_86

Good first half and poor second. He does not look good on the right. No wonder he doesen't want to play there regularly.

Silas

Why does he play so wide when he's on the right? Suddenly stopped drifting inside when he moved. Maybe it was to do with supplying Fellaini with crosses.

Gordon S

Average performance from Sanchez. Works hard as always but doesn't create very much. Interesting to see Mourinho play him on the right for a change, unfortunately he didn't look great there. Perhaps false 9 could work if Lukaku needs some rest?

Loublaze

ATLien
My first post came directly in Fellaini thread though, followed by Martial one so it's not accurate.
I must be getting old or something because I thought I was quoting another poster from the match-day thread. Carry on!

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He just becomes anonymous when he's moved to the right, first half he was ok

Mhkitaryan scoring should have given him a kick up the arse to do more

SATA

Now we know why Jose doesn't play him on the right. It's for a good reason - he's not as good and influential as he's on the left where he can cut inside, drift in and play his favourite lofted passes and lob balls. So please stop saying Jose can play him there

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Now we know why Jose doesn't play him on the right. It's for a good reason - he's not as good and influential as he's on the left where he can cut inside, drift in and play his favourite lofted passes and lob balls. So please stop saying Jose can play him there
It's one match. He's played a few matches like that coming from the left for us as well. He's had two big performances in big games for us and been pretty drab in most, average in others.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
New season can't come sooner for him. Absymal transfer so far, and I was really happy when we bought him.

Zoo

Dropping too deep today and trying too hard probably because it was against his old club. He was lucky to play the whole game.

We need an rvn

New season can't come sooner for him. Absymal transfer so far, and I was really happy when we bought him.
I know we all expected more but not many players will join a club half way through a season and become the best player at that club. Agreed he hasn't been what we all expected, week in week out, but he was ace against spurs last weekend. People just seem to have a short memory these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.