Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Castia

:drool:

Starting to find his feet now at a good time, it bodes well for next season.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Honestly I think that was just some people upset that he took Martial's spot. He's been very unfairly criticized for what have largely been good performances.
Yes, and the abuse of stats was insane. The most pointless stat (possession loss) was used without context and it was just pathetic.

We have signed superb player who will have 6 months to adapt to the team. Can't wait to see how he plays next season with even more settled team.

SSSSnake

It annoyed me hearing Shearer slate him on the show despite his obvious improvements lately and to all those twats that use the lazy argument that Jose can’t develop attacking players.

Sanchez will show he’s world class And what I like about him is that he gives that bite into our attack and defence. He’s strong mentally. A winner.

Member 90678

He is exactly the kind of player we need at our club. His drive and determination on the pitch will push and inspire other players that want to improve.
The attitude he shows during games even when things don't click is what separates winners from the rest and I bet his winning mentality does not end when he walks off the pitch:keano:

Jig1234

Alexis played really well vs Spurs. I would love to see him play on the RW on a regular basis. I think he would do much better on the right. He can cross first time without having to check back all the time. It would also allow us to rotate Rashford/Martial on the LW.

Zoo

Just posting this to show that Custis isn’t reliable.

el3mel

Honestly I think that was just some people upset that he took Martial's spot. He's been very unfairly criticized for what have largely been good performances.
Disagree. He has been pretty poor for several games in which he did nothing but losing the ball non stop. Games like yesterday or City area the ones in which Sanchez played in his prime form.

Handré1990

He’s showed now vs City and Spurs what an amazing player he can be for us. Some pretty bad performances sprinkled in between, but if anyone was losing faith they should have a word with themselves.

It’s not even about this season when it comes to our new star, integration into a new group professionally and socially in medias res isn’t easy. We will reap the rewards from the very beginning of next season.

Red4Life_#7

Forget anything Sanchez does this season. He's had a difficult season mentally with Arsenal and was desperate to leave, he's only probably just starting to enjoy his football again.

He needs a good pre-season with us and he will be firing near season, he is world class and he will help both Martial and Rashford in the long term.

cyberman

Posts like these should be stickied.
It'll add some context to the "I think he broke x story vague answer" to justify a tweet that posters want to believe.

AR87

Well they were perhaps right for a time. It was very muddled and they weren't linking up well. That has changed recently.
In basketball there's usually an understanding that when you add two high usage -- a term used to denote players who have the ball in their hands alot -- there will be some serious growing pains early on. This can often take more time and be more painful when players have overlap in where they like to get the ball and what type of shots they like to take.

IMO this is what Pogba and Sanchez have been experiencing since Sanchez joined from Arsenal. I've felt that since the Swansea match, bar the West Brom debacle, there has been a much better understanding between the two. I'm excited to see them together next season. I expect it to be much smoother and more dynamic than what we've seen so far this season.

Cheekiey

Maybe to him a big club wins lot's of trophies, He's won 2 FA cups in 4 years with Arsenal. He is an FA Cup final within his first 14 games with the club...

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Really good performance, his and Lukaku's defensive work from the front really gave the rest of the team high standards to keep.

The amount of times they nipped back and won the ball off Tottenham players was such a joy to see.

I still think we should be playing him more as a striker, he's so much better in the box rather than pinned out on the wing, but he seems to be getting used to it more now.

I haven't been massively impressed with him so far in general, but the 2 big games we've needed him he's turned up for (Sevilla aside)

Lets hope this is the start of something really great.

Canagel

Really good performance, his and Lukaku's defensive work from the front really gave the rest of the team high standards to keep.

The amount of times they nipped back and won the ball off Tottenham players was such a joy to see.

I still think we should be playing him more as a striker, he's so much better in the box rather than pinned out on the wing, but he seems to be getting used to it more now.

I haven't been massively impressed with him so far in general, but the 2 big games we've needed him he's turned up for (Sevilla aside)

Lets hope this is the start of something really great.
This. He needs to be in the box as much as possible. It was interesting his goal came from that right hand side and he made a run infield. Pogba picked him perfectly. Those two need to stop getting in each others way. We would've been 10 times more dangerous with a Rashford/Martial on the left and then Sanchez on the right or through the middle. They way he can't get in Pogba's way. There's no point having our two most dangerous players on the same side of the pitch within 10 yards of each other. Give Sanchez a free role on the right and then bring in Martial on the left we will see a big improvement in our play.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This. He needs to be in the box as much as possible. It was interesting his goal came from that right hand side and he made a run infield. Pogba picked him perfectly. Those two need to stop getting in each others way. We would've been 10 times more dangerous with a Rashford/Martial on the left and then Sanchez on the right or through the middle. They way he can't get in Pogba's way. There's no point having our two most dangerous players on the same side of the pitch within 10 yards of each other. Give Sanchez a free role on the right and then bring in Martial on the left we will see a big improvement in our play.
Yeah i'd much prefer this too.

NotQuiteManc

Marcus and Martial may or may not have "worldie" talents but if you can't marry that talent with sheer determination and non-stop hard work, plus not quick to lose heart (Martial), you won't be a world class player. Sanchez just showed them what it takes to take the team and club to next level.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Epic performance on Saturday. I said previously in this thread that we would require patience as he was a signing in January and next season would be better to judge, but I'm so pleased for him after Saturday. I'm so excited to see what he will bring to next season now.

Trizy

Jose wants a player to enjoy himself in a free role?! What sorcery is this? Fake!
That's good to hear, kinda reminds me of prime Rooney. Everywhere on the pitch, runs himself into the ground but still gets on the score sheet.

Love the ''big club'' comment. :lol:

VanGaalEra

Worked out really well for us that Chile didn't qualify for the World Cup. He'll have a summer of much needed rest and recuperation.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I just have so much more confidence in the side these days with him in it, I know he hasn't been great since arriving however he's a proven top class player and the City and Spurs games show how he can be the difference in the biggest of games

Looking forward to what he may do next season

Craig Ward

A good performance against Spurs. His and Lingard's movement we're particularly good.

I'm still undecided as he will always get the LW spot and I really think we look much more dangerous with a Martial or a Rashford there.

Think we need Sanchez from the RW as we have an abundance of LW options, and bar Mata we have little RW options

Member 85611

Sanchez drifted a few times to the right against Spurs and looked good there, too. Why won't Jose just try for one game Martial LW and Sanchez RW?

Trizy

Similar work rate and determination yes, but for me he's a much better footballer than Tevez, no?
Why is Tevez up in your estimations? They have pretty much the same impact attacking and same fight to defend/press.

Tevez at City (4 seasons) - 58 goals in 113 apps. 32 assists.
Sanchez at Arsenal (4 seasons) - 60 goals in 120 apps. 28 assists.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
I was so happy to watch that performance from him against Spuds.

This is the Alexis Sanchez that I've seen since he turned up in the PL, this is the Alexis Sanchez that I believed we should've signed after World Cup '10, and this is the Alexis Sanchez that I've for years thought should be wearing our number 7 shirt.

To see him tearing up the pitch as United player is just amazing, makes me feel that pang of true 'fandom' that you only get from watching a really special player for your club.

Also, seeing him point to Pogba as he celebrated scoring the equalizer and insist that Pogba got credit too was lovely, they looked to connect at that moment like I haven't seen yet with them.

And further still, after the match, the way he embraced the other players (Ashley Young, Rashford, maybe one other?) was really interesting to see - they really looked 'connected' now, huge smiles and strong eye contact and big embraces.

It was great because we need this signing to gel. This is a truly special player.

In my opinion, of every signing we've had post Ronaldo, this is the one that is most crucial to us.

He's actually exciting (remember that...?), and driven, and like all the United greats - when he's on the pitch and in form, he seems to somehow embody the club itself.

Rampant, Red blooded, and riotous.

So glad he's at our club, long may performances like that go on.

jem

I was so happy to watch that performance from him against Spuds.

This is the Alexis Sanchez that I've seen since he turned up in the PL, this is the Alexis Sanchez that I believed we should've signed after World Cup '10, and this is the Alexis Sanchez that I've for years thought should be wearing our number 7 shirt.

To see him tearing up the pitch as United player is just amazing, makes me feel that pang of true 'fandom' that you only get from watching a really special player for your club.

Also, seeing him point to Pogba as he celebrated scoring the equalizer and insist that Pogba got credit too was lovely, they looked to connect at that moment like I haven't seen yet with them.

And further still, after the match, the way he embraced the other players (Ashley Young, Rashford, maybe one other?) was really interesting to see - they really looked 'connected' now, huge smiles and strong eye contact and big embraces.

It was great because we need this signing to gel. This is a truly special player.

In my opinion, of every signing we've had post Ronaldo, this is the one that is most crucial to us.

He's actually exciting (remember that...?), and driven, and like all the United greats - when he's on the pitch and in form, he seems to somehow embody the club itself.

Rampant, Red blooded, and riotous.

So glad he's at our club, long may performances like that go on.
Bold statement, given that we've signed DDG and Van Persie in that time. Nevertheless, I am very excited about the prospect of Sanchez in the number 7 shirt for the next few years.

Milkman007

Would like to see him in a 10 or upfront with lukaku when we play at home against lesser side's, once he is in and around the box he will make something happen.

Sterling Archer

Would like to see him in a 10 or upfront with lukaku when we play at home against lesser side's, once he is in and around the box he will make something happen.
Sounds like Jose is going one better and allowing him to be more free - we saw it second half v city and especially against Spurs. If we get good fullbacks in during the summer, we will have a great balance

Acole9

Outstanding
I heard that too. For some reason a few folk suddenly take everything that Custis says as gospel. Under SAF he was treated as a joke journalist, he was even banned from his press conferences.

Canagel

He was MOTM in last year's FA Cup Final vs Chelsea for Arsenal. A repeat performance of that this year would be lovely. Chelsea seem to struggle with him a lot.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He actually joined us during our toughest fixture schedules in fairness.

So not only did he join in a less than ideal time for January, the team were also under performing just before. Away to Yeovil on the FA cup was a bit of a wildcard debut. But beyond that he had both Sevilla legs quite soon with Liverpool sandwiched in between, 2 Spurs matches, a Chelsea match and a City Derby.

He was always going to come good, but I think it's fair to say his longer teething period is fair enough given the fixtures he's had.

Trizy

He was MOTM in last year's FA Cup Final vs Chelsea for Arsenal. A repeat performance of that this year would be lovely. Chelsea seem to struggle with him a lot.
Sanchez is a born winner. I wouldn't expect anything less to be honest.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
just watcehd the game. Great game by him, and great header to score the equalizing goal. What I loved about him more is his attitude even attacking players should contribute in defending and he's a little fighter. More players like him and Herrera and we surely win some trophies..

And let's see him with full preseason next year:drool:

meamth

Jose wants a player to enjoy himself in a free role?! What sorcery is this? Fake!
I think that is spot on, Mourinho knows Sanchez's work rate is high.

Mourinho is a pragmatic coach/manager. He can set up tactics to nullify teams but he always ask his attacking players to attack sensibly depending on the match situations.

He will never drill attack to perfection.

Status
Not open for further replies.