5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RonW

He's so wasteful in his passing, loses the ball tons of times and makes very fewer chances but one thing I'll admire about him is that he doesn't hide during the games. He tries to dribble with the ball, and I think he would have done much better with players making runs off the ball for him to pass, unfortunately he doesn't have that at United like he did at Arsenal. We may get one good year off him(and that's a big IF and speculation) still at the top level since he's 29 now, and a player's decline is on the way(very few players are exception-Ibra and Ronaldo). He just hasn't done enough, he has had some good games like the one at City but players like Sanchez who like linking up needs other good players who can make the right runs for him to pass(like the one he made to Pogba vs City) but we don't do that at all for him. Lukaku is very stagnant, and I don't believe Sanchez and Lukaku will fit together in the same team next season.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I just see it as he doesn't have anyone in the same wavelength as him.With Chille, Barca, and Arsenal, he always had runners giving him options, or more room to maneuvers.

Bobski

I just see it as he doesn't have anyone in the same wavelength as him.With Chille, Barca, and Arsenal, he always had runners giving him options, or more room to maneuvers.
But he gave the ball away and frustrated his fans just as much. Guess he had no-one on his wavelength at those places either.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
But he gave the ball away and frustrated his fans just as much. Guess he had no-one on his wavelength at those places either.
He wasn't that wasteful in other clubs he'd played for. It's obvious the difference between those teams and United play style.

If he played for City or Liverpool, I think he'd be one of the league best; and not that wasteful like now.

C'est Moi Cantona

Good Summer break, and hopefully better players around him next season will see him in a far better light, he has to be better than we are seeing just now.

Bobski

He wasn't that wasteful in other clubs he'd played for. It's obvious the difference between those teams and United play style.

If he played for City or Liverpool, I think he'd be one of the league best; and not that wasteful like now.
You should talk to some Arsenal fans about his time there. He was notorious for how often he gave the ball away, and that is with the whole team set up to fit his game. That is why there were plenty of people flagging that up as a potential issue when the move was considered. Had great moments of course, was a little fresher and more explosive but his style of play was pretty much the same.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
You should talk to some Arsenal fans about his time there. He was notorious for how often he gave the ball away, and that is with the whole team set up to fit his game. That is why there were plenty of people flagging that up as a potential issue when the move was considered. Had great moments of course, was a little fresher and more explosive but his style of play was pretty much the same.
Yeh. I don't have many Arsenal fans around (surprise.. surprise..). I seriously don't recall he's this wasteful in other clubs.

But yeh, his wastefulness just pissed me off also.

Walters_19_MuFc

Doubt we'll see much better from him next season, in terms of performances. Maybe a few goals and assists here and there, but he will always be rash in possession. Always has been.

ash_86

When we want players trying to express themselves , then we got to accept that they are going to try and make passes which doesn't always find the target. We cannot demand attacking football until we come to accept that it involves a fair bit of risk taking and giving away the ball. Sanchez is one of those players who fells that he needs to be involved heavily in attack and doesn't hide from taking responsibility. That is why he turns up good in big matches.

Trophy Room

He's past his best. He'll need to reinvent himself to some extent to adapt to us. His decline began at Arsenal. For players who put so much into their game for so many years, they tend to decline at a younger age. Worst case scenario - he's another Rooney. I think he'll be a bit better next season, not sure we'll ever see peak Sanchez at United though.

Bwuk

2 goals and 4 assists in 17 games in really poor considering what we thought we’d be getting.

Really hope he improves next season as we can’t afford to not play him due to what we are paying him.

Eddy_JukeZ

Today was the 1st game I saw his physical decline most others eluded to.

And he looked labored a lot.

James Peril

Needs a good summer of rest, then he will return in good spirits for 18/19. Clearly a very gifted player in a system that has surprised him a whole lot. Will get better over time, if not as incredible as we all hoped for. I’m thinking 15 league goals and 10 assists next season.

Bwuk

Needs a good summer of rest, then he will return in good spirits for 18/19. Clearly a very gifted player in a system that has surprised him a whole lot. Will get better over time, if not as incredible as we all hoped for. I’m thinking 15 league goals and 10 assists next season.
We’ll need at least 15 goals if not 20 off him probably. Only hit over 20 once at Arsenal.

Trizy

Nothing short of a bag of wank since signing. Unfortunately with his wages he won't be benched.

He needs to improve massively.

Woziak

Sanchez will be used as a makeweight in another marquee deal if he doesn't start doing it soon. He has played way too much football and a full pre season and No World Cup will help but for 500k per week, you really would expect man of the match performances in at least 8 or 9 of those 17 games. I can think of just 2 games where he's been outstanding. Jose is definitely looking for a top 10 world player like Neymar, Griezmann, Dyballa, Isco or Kane to be the teams new leader, he's not convinced by Sanchez either right now!

DRM

2 goals and 4 assists in 17 games in really poor considering what we thought we’d be getting.

Really hope he improves next season as we can’t afford to not play him due to what we are paying him.
Im sure Martial would've scored a lot more than that! The form he was in before Mourinho decided to bench him for Sanchez!

All in all a really disruptive signing.

PepsiCola

Im sure Martial would've scored a lot more than that! The form he was in before Mourinho decided to bench him for Sanchez!

All in all a really disruptive signing.
Believe I read Martial has the same goals and assists as Sanchez in the same time frame.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Believe I read Martial has the same goals and assists as Sanchez in the same time frame.
Seems an odd comparison to make given Sanchez played 1,615 minutes and Martial played 681 in that timeframe. The reality is Martial had scored 3 goals in January alone before Sanchez arrived, and Sanchez went on to score the same amount over the next 4 months.

In the games Martial played 60+ mins in this season, we scored 1.8 goals per game. If you cut that down to only look at the games pre-Sanchez, it was 2.05 goals per game. In the games Sanchez played 60+ mins in this season, we scored 1.6 goals per game. If you cut out that first game against relegation-battling league 2 team Yeovil, it drops to 1.4 goals per game.

There is no way that this largely straight swap didn't have a significant impact on the team's attacking fluidity, chemistry and potency.

NikSab

Anthony Martial's #1 fan
Nothing short of a bag of wank since signing. Unfortunately with his wages he won't be benched.

He needs to improve massively.
MOTM in the Spurs game and the City game. I think your memory is quite poor.

Trizy

MOTM in the Spurs game and the City game. I think your memory is quite poor.
Must be. We've a habit of letting gloom cloud our judgement in recent years. But for his status and money I expect a match winner. 2 good games doesn't show that for me.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Must be. We've a habit of letting gloom cloud our judgement in recent years. But for his status and money I expect a match winner. 2 good games doesn't show that for me.
Sanchez has created around double that of any other player since he came to the club. That is not his role but he's playing it anyway.

It's the same problem Lukaku faces, in that the players behind him are dysfunctional and so he has to become a creator in half the games he plays.

Martial had the best goals per minutes ratio until 2018. In this calender year he has 1 assist in almost 600 minutes with no goals.

I don't think I will blame the attackers when they are getting very few opportunities to work in the final third.

Renegade

I wonder if he would have disrupted City’s season had he signed for them? I don’t think they would have reached 100points with him. Sterling/Sane would have suffered too.
I like Sanchez, and his performances against City and Spurs were encouraging, but can’t help but feel he was the wrong player to go for. Mahrez would have made much more sense. If Sanchez doesn’t have a strong start to next season he could be gone by January.

JMack1234

The Rooney comparisons i've seen are ridiculous. All you have to do is look at him to see that he's an athlete, unlike Rooney. He just needs a summer off and a pre-season and he'll start producing. I think an in form Sanchez is on one of the few things we have to look forward to next season.

RedorDead21

The Rooney comparisons i've seen are ridiculous. All you have to do is look at him to see that he's an athlete, unlike Rooney. He just needs a summer off and a pre-season and he'll start producing. I think an in form Sanchez is on one of the few things we have to look forward to next season.
Likewise he's no Wayne Rooney in his prime!

JMack1234

Likewise he's no Wayne Rooney in his prime!
No, but that's a very high bar indeed. Prime Rooney was comfortably in the top 5 in the world. I don't think Alexis has ever been at that level and he certainly isn't at the moment.

Rasfene

His performances this season doesn't matter anymore as long as he wins the fa cup on Sunday.

Erics_Collar

The thoughts of having to shoehorn this slow, bloated midget into the starting 11 next season is already depressing me.

Arsenal finally got one over on us. A huge, huge mistake of a signing. I wish him and his dogs would fvck off this summer.

lsd

The Oracle
Whether it is his fault or not I can't help thinking our season died the second he signed for us

Status
Not open for further replies.