Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I hope I'm wrong but I don't think he'll improve too much next season unless he reinvents himself. His explosiveness has gone and isn't something that can be regained. Hopefully summer of rest will do him good.

It's so typical of us since Fergie left to buy a player who has proven himself to be quality, only for him to turn out shit. It can't be coincidence that it keeps happening. I blame the hopeless managers we've appointed.
Signs were there this season before we signed him. He hadn't been looking good for Arsenal but many put it down to him not being interested in playing there anymore.

AndyJ1985

I hope I'm wrong but I don't think he'll improve too much next season unless he reinvents himself. His explosiveness has gone and isn't something that can be regained. Hopefully summer of rest will do him good.

Signs were there this season before we signed him. He hadn't been looking good for Arsenal but many put it down to him not being interested in playing there anymore.
He was still scoring goals for Arsenal though. He wasn't anywhere near as hopeless as he is now. Every single attacking player we buy turns to shit.

Yagami

Good post resistant

Yep, completely agree in regards to his explosiveness being gone and needing to re-invent himself. I think he's good enough to do it, though, and would like to see him make a Cazorla like switch into a central midfielder.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
It was in tight games like these I thought he'd be the one to drive us forward by being the guy who picks up the ball, dribbles two players and creates something. I was really expecting him to be the change maker, instead he offers close to nothing when push comes to shove.

At this point I'm resigned to the fact that he'll probably be mentioned in the same breath as Di Maria and Falcao after he leaves.
Whoever is identifying these players for us needs to fecking be fired straight away.

Kearnkoff69

He's been trash. Works his socks off, but every time he gets the ball he holds onto it so long and completely stops our momentum and ends up making the wrong pass or trying a very low percentage pass. Needs to do much better next year to justify his wages.

el3mel

If he doesn't perform next season, throw him out of the window. I'm not willing to be patient on him any longer.

El-Manos

On the contrary, he's a huge problem because José will be stubborn and keep trying to shoehorn him into the team when he just isn't good enough any more.

It'll basically be the Rooney problem, only this time he has a tan and even shitter hair.
Name me an attacking player that is currently flourishing under mourinho’s management and you may have a point.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Was really really bad today.

People think he's on a Rooney decline?

Bobski

I didn't want the transfer, guys were trying to tell me he was a top 5 player in the league, but even with that I didn't think he would be this shit.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Hate to be right on this but me and a few others warned about the general hype surrounding this transfer. We were ridiculed but tbf I didn't think he would do so bad. He should be playing more in the box and leave playmaking to others.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
He should be instructed to stay solely in the penalty box. Him coming deep into Pogba's zone in that halfway, left channel is a complete waste.

Stay up top, on the edge of the box or stay on the bench.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

I fear you're right on this, feels like he needs to change up his game. Doesn't seem to have that short burst of pace he used to have to get away from defenders, not if that's down to being over played or him needing time to settle in.

But he looked lost today, overhit so many passes, Pogba even had a go at him for poor passing. I'm hopeful a summer off and full pre-season will help ease him in, but I'm not holding my breath.

Litch

There's going to be a graveyard of attacking players here that can't produce in this team and I wonder why?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He's been trash. Works his socks off, but every time he gets the ball he holds onto it so long and completely stops our momentum and ends up making the wrong pass or trying a very low percentage pass. Needs to do much better next year to justify his wages.
Sounds like Rooney

Ace of Spades

Probably the one I am annoyed at most, not necessarily because of this match in particular, but because after he was bought in he has destabilized both Rashford and Martial. Our LW looked pretty good, now it looks just as much as a problem as our RW.

Rossa

Don't understand people talking about his explosiveness being gone as a concern. The biggest concern is how often he loses the ball or misplaces easy passes. Additionally, instead of going for the easy pass, he tries the chip over the defense time and time again. His close control and agility are really good, but he tries too much and little comes off.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
If he doesn't perform next season, throw him out of the window. I'm not willing to be patient on him any longer.
Where will you throw him, though? He has a contract until 2022 and massive wages. If we buy Bale along this summer I will go mental.

He maybe turns out well next season, but it isn't looking good atm.

TheRedHearted

Is it strange we want to give players time. I wonder if any of the top teams ever have this discussion. Does seem to be a trend I see around here. I wanted him on the wing to open up the play and bring some crosses in- was he doing that for Arsenal or had he become a central attacker? If that's the case I see him as completely lost when he's not up top as another said, in the middle of midfield he looks panicked as hell.

Anyway, we needed a speedy central midfielder, wingers, and fullbacks. Didn't think we needed another central attacker. Martial's start of the season was strong and we all knew he would have been better there anyway.

Trizy

Sums up the post Fergie area in one signing. He's complete shite. It's not an overreaction either, he's been shite since signing. We look worse.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Don't understand people talking about his explosiveness being gone as a concern. The biggest concern is how often he loses the ball or misplaces easy passes. Additionally, instead of going for the easy pass, he tries the chip over the defense time and time again. His close control and agility are really good, but he tries too much and little comes off.
That has always been the case with him but him working to regain the lost balls and his attacking had been seen as the flip side. Instead he's seemingly lost one of the things that helped make him such an attacking threat so now we're left with a hard working talented player who loses the ball a lot and isn't helping us to score more.

Bobski

Anyone surprised by Sanchez giving the ball away is... Well it is groundhog day, people can only have been watching his highlights because he has been infuriatingly wasteful his whole career, and selfish on the ball.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Good luck finding a buyer. The length of his contract and wages means he'll be a bugger to shift if he doesn't perform next season.
Yeah, even if he had had an amazing input immediately, that length of contract and the high wage for someone of his age is nothing but stupid.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Anyone surprised by Sanchez giving the ball away is... Well it is groundhog day, people can only have been watching his highlights because he has been infuriatingly wasteful his whole career, and selfish on the ball.
Then giving him so much freedom in attack is an even more baffling decision.

NoLogo

Best player in the league? No white text?
He was when he wasn't playing for us, maybe not that season where he wasn't really into playing for arsenal anymore but still he was an amazing player before we bought him, why do you think we were so willing to make him our best payed player, because he was an average run of the mill player?

Kostov

We bought him to play LW, so it is fecking pathetic to begin with. He should have been told play RW, at least we have no one better there, this way we made shambles of the only side of our attack that produced something at least.

El Jefe

If he keeps this up next season both him and Jose will be shown the door.

We've effectively given him the key to conduct our attack and he's been woeful so far. Every bit as bad as Mkhi except for a few games.

Hawks2008

He's so gash. LW wasn't a problem at all but for whatever reason we threw 400k at this man for him to be worse than what Martial/Rashford were in the first half of the season, and now we're facing a situation where Martial is gonna go and we're stuck with a spent force on big contract (Rooney-esque) but he runs around a lot so that's all good right?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He was when he wasn't playing for us, maybe not that season where he wasn't really into playing for arsenal anymore but still he was an amazing player before we bought him, why do you think we were so willing to make him our best payed player, because he was an average run of the mill player?
I agree with Damien who commented earlier that he was possibly on the wane and people thought it was just him not being committed. I don't think he's shite or anything, I think he'll have better performances next season, but he certainly wasn't anywhere near to being the best player in the league. I think we made him our highest paid player because we were fools, not because he's amazing. And we were desperate for a magician type player, which he's not without pace.

Silas

Good luck finding a buyer. The length of his contract and wages means he'll be a bugger to shift if he doesn't perform next season.
Yep, we're stuck with him. Just need to hope some miracle occurs during preseason this summer.

Hope him getting an extra £75k per start is BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.