5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

deafepl

Love when Sanchez post pictures of his teammate with "Family" and "Family United" on Instagram.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
I thought it was a poor performance against Swansea, goal and defensive recoveries aside.

Mr Smith

I'm not convinced despite this being one of his better performances since joining. Compared to the explosive player that burst onto the scene with Udinese and Barca, this version of Alexis's lost a fair bit of pace and looks sluggish. He tries hard, and you can't fault his effort, but there were a couple of times where his fullback matched him pace for pace, which was unthinkable a couple of years back. He just currently looks like he's carrying a few pounds too much. I'm not sure if he's worth disrupting our left side for what with Martial's form this season, and certainly not on the wages he's got.
As I've said before, I think a lot of this is due to how disrupted last year was for him and the fact that he didn't get a proper pre-season. I'm convinced he will explode next season. I do think its worth trying him on the right though.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Besides the work he put in, the defensive recoveries, his goal and assist...you thought he had a poor game? :houllier:
Yes. By his standards, it wasn't a very good game. Offensively, he was lost and gave away the ball quite often.

stepic

Yes. By his standards, it wasn't a very good game. Offensively, he was lost and gave away the ball quite often.
An attacker who doesn’t give the ball away is an attacker that doesn’t take any risks. That is, not someone that wins games.

People are expecting some kind of perfect specimen. People are weird.

TypeR

As I've said before, I think a lot of this is due to how disrupted last year was for him and the fact that he didn't get a proper pre-season. I'm convinced he will explode next season. I do think its worth trying him on the right though.
I do hope that you're right on this. Strange no one else seemingly sees him through the middle though. I think Sanchez has said he prefers playing from the left or through the middle. With Martial and Rashford showing some serious potential on the left, I'd like to see him through the middle, interchanging with one of Mata/Lingard coming in from the right.

Traub

An attacker who doesn’t give the ball away is an attacker that doesn’t take any risks. That is, not someone that wins games.

They’re expecting Messi basically. A player who puts in world class performances week in week out without any mistakes. The same often applies to Pogba and Lukaku.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
For the most part, things look off rather than a complete cluster. The link-up with others is slightly mistimed rather than they're all outright ignoring each other, or they're not picking up runs early on, or they're running into each other's space. These are wrinkles that can be ironed out over time and the summer should help I think.

It's been improving and we're starting to see some benefits of it, which is obviously much easier to do vs Swansea than, say, Liverpool. City away will be another "just get it done" type of match so I won't care if it's function over form against them.

JoaquinJoaquin

Probably his best league game for us, But can't help but worry his legs have gone a bit. Reminds me a bit of Falcao in which you can see the ability and some of the things he does is nice, but at times looks like he is running through treacle. Hopefully he builds on his goal and pushes on.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He was very good in the first half, worked extremely hard.

Looked shot by 70 mins though, I think he should be getting subbed by that point and using a fresh Rashford/Martial.

Keeping him on after that is pretty pointless.

the square of Mata/Lingard/Lukaku/Sanchez looks to be forming really nicely though. That first half was 1 of our best for ages.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
He was very good in the first half, worked extremely hard.

Looked shot by 70 mins though, I think he should be getting subbed by that point and using a fresh Rashford/Martial.

Keeping him on after that is pretty pointless.

the square of Mata/Lingard/Lukaku/Sanchez looks to be forming really nicely though. That first half was 1 of our best for ages.
The bold is very important IMO. All 4 of those players are quick releasers of the ball; they are always moving and don't give defenders time to think. I think it is very clear that Mata/Sanchez/Lingard/Lukaku are all on the same wavelength; they understand the game and think ahead which makes us difficult to defend against.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I thought it was a poor performance against Swansea, goal and defensive recoveries aside.
I thought it was a good performance compared to his last few. I still think we need to hold off any judgments until he has a pre-season. Must be very hard to suddenly get back into being 110% when he has been half-arsing it for so long at Arsenal.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag

Not really. He can do better than what he's done. He has shown it before. I am not complaining, just saying that there's more and better to come.

peridigm

He works hard. Probably covers more ground than any player other than Lingard maybe.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
What a player, he was superb in the second half and created all 3 goals. When he is fully comfortable and adapt to this team, his goals and assists would be unreal.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Best match for us. Fought for everything in the 2nd half & contributed to the goals.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Looked a right player second half. That’s the Alexis we thought we were getting.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Monster second half performance.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
This is the Sanchez I knew from Arsenal. I do not understand why he can’t play like this more often.
Because we set up the games that way.

On the second half, when everybody was going forward and attacking the box, that's when Alexis is at his best, having plenty options to choose his pass.

Alexis needs players running forward ahead of him, specially fullbacks and midfielders.

But if we set up to play that slow defensive football of the 1st half, no way we will see the best Alexis.

3KDré

Getting bettter game by game. He's got the desire, that's the most important thing.

Minimalist

Almost as crucial as Pogba in this win.

Begging his players to attack the space before the Smalling winner.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He really pissed me off in the first half with his slipping, it was ridiculous to watch. Great improvement in the second half though.

Status
Not open for further replies.