Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

mav_9me

He was my motm today. Hopefully this is his coming of age for united game

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I think that £5m per 'chip pass' incentive in his contract is really paying off.

Acole9

Outstanding
£1.5 million per week well spent if this is the standard to come.
Exactly this, the assists today were marvellous. He's really starting to find form for us now, I still don't think we'll see the best of him until next season though.

Maccataq

Much better today from Sanchez and built on a good performance against Swansea. I have to say though that I'm not a fan of playing him on the left. He was much better 2nd half when he was moved in field. I prefer Rashford/Martial to play on the left and in today's system, Pogba excelled after the switch - I think Sanchez often drops too deep and occupies the same spaces that Pogba wants to be in which can be a problem.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I really hope this isn't too early to say this but I'm genuinely excited about what Sanchez could do for us both this season and next now, it seems like it's clicked

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
Finally we saw some of his magic today, can't wait for the next season with him havign a proper preseason with the first team:drool:

extincti fugax hominum

Involved in all the goals today. Nearly 3 assists (2 and 1 pass-cross before the assist). Pogba grabbed the headlines but Alexis was the unsung hero in the game imo. With no world cup this summer for him, hopefully he will be fully unleashed and ready at the start of the next season. More of that please.

T A

He made it last night. The set up he created for our first goal is brilliant not to mention two late assists. This is Sanchez everyone wants to see

Last edited:

caid

Hes gradually been getting better. Had brilliant moments and a good all round match but theres more to come imo. Gave him motm because for all intents and purposes he created all 3 goals (nice knockdown by Hererra too tbf).

SER19

His and pogbas second Half performances fill me with optimism. Two top level players paying at their best level and it was fantastic

NikSab

Anthony Martial's #1 fan
He helped create the second goal from the right with his skills and pass, given that we have so much more talent on the left I hope we at least try to play Sanchez on the right occasionally. Maybe even alternate like the days of Nani and Ronaldo. It's just he always cuts in on the left, whereas on the right it's not his favoured side to cut in so makes him mix it up.

Anyhow first time I've seen it with Sanchez in a United shirt. Bit of a shame as I went to take a piss when we scored the first two goals, but not complaining.
You got mixed up. Created the first off the right and the next one off the left. The final off the left with a free-kick. All 3 delicious deliveries.

RedCurry

He was world class today. He’s one of our players who can consistently put in performances like these over the course of a season.

While standing over the free-kick for the winning goal, he was telling the players exactly what he wanted them to do, the City defense must have seen that, he put that ball exactly where everyone expected him to put it and it was right on the money. He created that goal in his mind and executed it too. That’s what you get when you combine creativity with talent.

Ashley R1+O

Sensational second half, I think he'll kick on next season. Nice and settled, and a rising force in our attacking lineup.

ti vu

Much better today from Sanchez and built on a good performance against Swansea. I have to say though that I'm not a fan of playing him on the left. He was much better 2nd half when he was moved in field. I prefer Rashford/Martial to play on the left and in today's system, Pogba excelled after the switch - I think Sanchez often drops too deep and occupies the same spaces that Pogba wants to be in which can be a problem.
Uh. Alexis played deeper in second half and for the good cause, which allowed Pogba to make runs forwards. That doesn't fit what you said here. Mourinho also confirmed in his post match press conference, that he asked both Lingard and Alexis to try to connect more with the midfield in the second half, which Alexis really did. First half, Alexis was more forward than a creator. Noticed at one point in first half Lukaku was stationed on left wing while Sanchez was in no 9 position. Another instance where Pogba drew a foul from Danilo as if Pogba was left sided attacker with Alexis drifted centrally up the pitch waiting for service.

Best performance from him for us and the higher profile game this season as a whole from what I had seen him for Arsenal. Feck Wenger. Take some doing to suck all kind of form from a player like Alexis who shows great desire.

GM K

What a performance!
What a player!

My favourite part was when he wanted to take the free kick that led to the goal. I absolutely loved the way he was nudging the rest of the team to go forward and attack the ball he was going to cross. He showed passion and confidence in himself and the team. It was like, "What are you guys waiting for? Move forward! Attack this cross. I am going to whip it in!"

I was delighted the ball went in.

I know it is way too early and unlikely but I will like to have Alexis as captain. My second choice will be Nemanja Matic. Even when they play poorly you can see that United spirit in them. They give their all. They fight. Lukaku is another example.

LLMU

What a buzz this guy is giving us in this game. The way he picked up Pogba for the second goal is a beauty. More please of this kind of performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.