Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Because we set up the games that way.

On the second half, when everybody was going forward and attacking the box, that's when Alexis is at his best, having plenty options to choose his pass.

Alexis needs players running forward ahead of him, specially fullbacks and midfielders.

But if we set up to play that slow defensive football of the 1st half, no way we will see the best Alexis.
We don’t set up defensively against most team. Sanchez hasn’t played well in awhile and it is only recently against Swansea where his performance has gotten better. I believe it is more to do with getting to play in his preferred position on the left in a free role at the sacrifice of Martial and Rashford. In addition, he is slowly adapting to how the other United players plays and vice versa. Nevertheless, I hope to see more of this type of performance from him.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Brilliant performance second half. Let's hope he uses that to break out of his shell and show his real level

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He's getting there. Superb today.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He's getting there. Superb today.

ClutchHunter

MOTM for me today. We wouldn't have had a chance of a comeback without his attacking impetus.

Based Adnan

2 assists and an assist to the assist for Pogba's first. Big game from him today.

What I like the most about Sanchez is even when he's not playing well he's still massively useful due to his sheer work rate and determination to get the ball back. Not to mention he never hides and always shows for the ball even when it's not working for him. Massive player to have, particularly in the big games, and I predict he'll be even better next season with a full rest this summer + preseason.

Reactions: Penna

Devil may care

I thought he played well today, along with Pogba and Herrera he drove our comeback, I was surprised that he was taken off ahead of Lingard.

Hojoon

The quick burst of pace is still clearly there. He's not particularly quick over long distance but that's always been the case his entire career.

marktan

He helped create the second goal from the right with his skills and pass, given that we have so much more talent on the left I hope we at least try to play Sanchez on the right occasionally. Maybe even alternate like the days of Nani and Ronaldo. It's just he always cuts in on the left, whereas on the right it's not his favoured side to cut in so makes him mix it up.

Anyhow first time I've seen it with Sanchez in a United shirt. Bit of a shame as I went to take a piss when we scored the first two goals, but not complaining.

Mindhunter

Deserves a lot of credit for his playmaking efforts in the second half. For the first goal, his vision to get Herrera was great. The pass for the second goal was a bit under-hit but Pogba finished it brilliantly. The free kick for the third goal was pure magic. He made it more difficult to miss than score.

He showed a lot of passion, ran his heart out and made a difference when it really mattered. For me, he was the man of the match today.

Golden Nugget

Really wanted him taken off for Rashford after that first half - so glad that he wasn’t! Brilliant performance with a part to play for all 3 goals and ran his heart out.

Not sure what his little “talk” with Smalling was about after the celebrations of the 3rd goal? He looked a bit pissed

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I just want to add that he was incredible in that 2nd half. Pogba will get all the plaudits but Sanchez inspired the win. His tenacity to win that free kick, then to spur everyone forward and deliver a perfect ball. What a game.

Hitchez

I just want to add that he was incredible in that 2nd half. Pogba will get all the plaudits but Sanchez inspired the win. His tenacity to win that free kick, then to spur everyone forward and deliver a perfect ball. What a game.
It reminds me a bit of Rooney and Tevez tbh. Much needed.

JoaquinJoaquin

Been excellent the last two games and his assists have been invaluable. Still a bit of a question mark of whether his legs have gone slightly for me, but if he delivers like he has then frankly I don't care.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Became a United player today, Pogba's comments about him as well suggests plenty more from those two to come as well

Hojoon

Been excellent the last two games and his assists have been invaluable. Still a bit of a question mark of whether his legs have gone slightly for me, but if he delivers like he has then frankly I don't care.
That quick burst of pace for our first goal puts that to bed. Long distance his pace has never been special.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Another player of his ilk to occupy the right flank and the goals will multiply. A world class player (or even a Mahrez type) to occupy the spot held by Lingard, then let Martial/Rashford/Mata/Lingard shadow Sanchez/Lukaku/new winger. Would have perfect cover and lots of competition.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
He helped create the second goal from the right with his skills and pass, given that we have so much more talent on the left I hope we at least try to play Sanchez on the right occasionally. Maybe even alternate like the days of Nani and Ronaldo. It's just he always cuts in on the left, whereas on the right it's not his favoured side to cut in so makes him mix it up.

Anyhow first time I've seen it with Sanchez in a United shirt. Bit of a shame as I went to take a piss when we scored the first two goals, but not complaining.
:lol:Hate it when that happens. Overjoyed with the goals, but annoyed you missed them.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He arrived in Manchester tonight. No pun intended. Pogba kissing his head as he went off said a lot. Basically “You’ve done you’re work today, be proud and let one of the sluggers come on and see it out”. I suspect it was worded slightly different but the same sentiment. A relief to be honest, I’d been worrying over his form but it’s clear he’s still got the quality and his reaction to the sub showed his mentality.

Status
Not open for further replies.