5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

kundalini

So Alexis Sanchez now has 10 PL starts for United with one game sat on the bench. 2 CL starts. 3 FA Cup starts with one game sat on the bench. He has scored a total of 3 goals with 5 assists.

Devil may care

Poor today, just didn't really get into the game until he moved to the right where he put in a couple of solid balls.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Poor today, just didn't really get into the game until he moved to the right where he put in a couple of solid balls.
Funny. Thought he was one of the more involved and better players in the first half on the left until he had to move out on the right where he hardly had a touch.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I know we all expected more but not many players will join a club half way through a season and become the best player at that club. Agreed he hasn't been what we all expected, week in week out, but he was ace against spurs last weekend. People just seem to have a short memory these days.
I know, that's why I hope he will be better next season. One or two games don't really mean much.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Didnt play well at all, him and Jesse coming inside constantly was driving me mad. It makes things so compact in the middle and easier to play against. Also removes an option for a pass, particularly for the full backs as they can only play into the middle.

Hopefully we'll see a different player next year, the player we all thought we'd signed.

Loublaze

ATLien
Its been mentioned before but why doesn't he take on players anymore? He's always looking to cross at the first opportunity. Terrible stuff if these are Jose's instructions.

Canagel

I think he should play as the main striker with Martial and Lingard alongside as part of an interchanging front three. He is too predictable at the moment. Martial is the better option on the left for me.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
I know no one wants to say it but the explosiveness he had at Arsenal doesn't seem to be there. I was all for this signing but it's seriously concerning. He can still put a shift in but he looks like age/games may be catching up to him. If his legs go he doesn't have enough to fall back on.

Eddy_JukeZ

I know no one wants to say it but the explosiveness he had at Arsenal doesn't seem to be there. I was all for this signing but it's seriously concerning. He can still put a shift in but he looks like age/games may be catching up to him. If his legs go he doesn't have enough to fall back on.
He was never a speedster.

I don't know what people were expecting regarding his pace.

Bwuk

Personally think we should play him centrally behind Lukaku, or upfront if Rom is injured.

Lukaku
Martial - Alexis - Mata
Pogba - Matic​

Greck

There's more to speed than pace. People are referring to his diminished acceleration and agility. In terms of raw pace he was never Bale but was very competent in that regard. Just for reference here's a video of younger Sanchez dribbling past players with much greater agility . Not sure why it's such a hotly debated topic that a 29yr old player is slower than his younger self. It happens to every player. Well almost every

Walters_19_MuFc

Was awful today. We really need a consistent attacker, who's going to turn up for us every week. Hoping he will be our man next season.

That doesn't sound good.
Alexis Sanchez:

Happy for the win... but for next season, if we want to fight for the premier league and the champions and everything that comes, we must keep improving because we are the MANCHESTER UNITED ALL TOGETHER FAMILY

Ban

Was awful today. We really need a consistent attacker, who's going to turn up for us every week. Hoping he will be our man next season.

Alexis Sanchez:

Happy for the win... but for next season, if we want to fight for the premier league and the champions and everything that comes, we must keep improving because we are the MANCHESTER UNITED ALL TOGETHER FAMILY
Good then.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford

He was very quick, agile, incredible at making himself a yard of space. He was a very adept ball carrier who could beat men for fun. We’re not seeing that and he actually looks like he’s physically overhwhelmed by most full backs.

It was always a red flag. Diminshing performance despite a contract being up and a lot of mileage without much of a break.

Maybe the summer’s rest will do him good and reignite him but I’m getting quite concerned. He doesn’t look the same player who was terrorising teams weekly - This is from the start of the season too. He will always show moments of genius because of hos ability but we’ve invested in him to be world class. We need more.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He is being kicked around an overwhelming amount isn't he? Every game he gets stamped once, and rarely does he get much more than a free kick, if that. I like the fact he doesn't sulk every time he gets kicked down but give the guy some protection will you refs?

Eddy_JukeZ

There's more to speed than pace. People are referring to his diminished acceleration and agility. In terms of raw pace he was never Bale but was very competent in that regard. Just for reference here's a video of younger Sanchez dribbling past players with much greater agility . Not sure why it's such a hotly debated topic that a 29yr old player is slower than his younger self. It happens to every player. Well almost every
I'm not denying he could be slower(he probably is since 2011), but I don't think the decline is as extreme as some are making out especially from last season.

I don't know. Just don't see it personally.

Zoo

Somethings wrong with him....
Been very average for us so far
He showed his class against Spurs and City, two of the best teams in the country. He just needs to fully integrate.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
He showed his class against Spurs and City, two of the best teams in the country. He just needs to fully integrate.
Those games were more about his work rate and efforts off the ball, as well as the header vs spurs. I'm yet to see a performance that has everyone taking because of what he's done on the ball.

He doesn't seem able to skin a player like he did in the past. He's really clumsy on the ball at times.

Greck

I'm not denying he could be slower(he probably is since 2011), but I don't think the decline is as extreme as some are making out especially from last season.

I don't know. Just don't see it personally.
Guess it depends on how much he's lost but it does seem like our version of Sanchez doesn't run at or try to take on defenders at any point in matches. Even his signature pirouette seems to have suffered

ChaddyP

Is it a running joke or something as to why Sanchez stats haven't been updated since the city game :lol:

criticalanalysis

Guess it depends on how much he's lost but it does seem like our version of Sanchez doesn't run at or try to take on defenders at any point in matches. Even his signature pirouette seems to have suffered
A lot of dribbling is dependent as much on the individual's abillity as well as the movement and passing of the team mates.

We have terrible attacking shape and off the ball movement. It's literally pass to one player and let them do their thing on their side of the pitch.

It's 'easy' to beat players off the shoulder/on the turn etc when the ball is played crisp and in those pockets of 5-10 yards with multiple team mates making runs or movements.

Kearnkoff69

Worked his socks off today but apart from his header that turned into the Pogba goal, he didn't contribute anything positive to our play. Once again, despite paying so much money to bring in attackers, we have a team that is completely bereft of players who can take their man on 1v1 and beat them off the dribble. I'm not sure what's changed with Sanchez as he's obviously shown he has the skill, but he seems so hesitant to engage in those 1 on 1 duels with us.

OldSchoolManc

He is being kicked around an overwhelming amount isn't he? Every game he gets stamped once, and rarely does he get much more than a free kick, if that. I like the fact he doesn't sulk every time he gets kicked down but give the guy some protection will you refs?
He got a nasty stamp on his foot early on from hacker.
Might have affected his game. He doesn’t get protection at all, one of the most fouled players I’ve seen and nasty fouls at that!

Bobski

Drops far too deep and refuses to take his man on the outside. Never holds the width and when he cuts inside you will generally see 3-4 players condensed together, few options, little floaty chip through the middle upcoming.

Martial in comparison does give some width and is much more direct.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
So Alexis Sanchez now has 10 PL starts for United with one game sat on the bench. 2 CL starts. 3 FA Cup starts with one game sat on the bench. He has scored a total of 3 goals with 5 assists.
3 goals in 15 games is incredibly poor for a supposedly elite player.

He’s got to do better next season.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
He has physically declined weather some of you want to admit it or not. That explosiveness and burst he had is no more and such things are not always as easily visible to the eye as just being slower.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Worked his socks off today but apart from his header that turned into the Pogba goal, he didn't contribute anything positive to our play. Once again, despite paying so much money to bring in attackers, we have a team that is completely bereft of players who can take their man on 1v1 and beat them off the dribble. I'm not sure what's changed with Sanchez as he's obviously shown he has the skill, but he seems so hesitant to engage in those 1 on 1 duels with us.
Well we do have Martial who is one of the best in the world at that.... but barely plays.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
A lot of dribbling is dependent as much on the individual's abillity as well as the movement and passing of the team mates.

We have terrible attacking shape and off the ball movement. It's literally pass to one player and let them do their thing on their side of the pitch.

It's 'easy' to beat players off the shoulder/on the turn etc when the ball is played crisp and in those pockets of 5-10 yards with multiple team mates making runs or movements.
This. But I see no reason why he physically can't do these things anymore, even if he has lost a bit of pace. If Lukaku is still injured then maybe we will soon see Sanchez with a different task at hand a bit closer to the goal than he has been. As a team we are clinical and don't shoot a lot and I think Sanchez has had very few efforts at goal in his 15 games. It's a good signing. I don't understand why we should be negative towards this sort of a player

Trizy

Material was twice as exciting as Sanchez when he came on.

I don't understand it. A player of Sanchez's attacking ability doesn't go from hero to zero over night. It's surely all down to instructions/tactics.

togg

I'm really holding judgement on him until next season. January signings have a much harder time adjusting to a new team and the different style of play without a pre-season to get used to it all/acclimatise.

Status
Not open for further replies.