Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Going to have his first summer off in like a decade, a full preseason of training and about 4 months with the first team. Will be absolutely awesome next year.

Even better if we have a new manager by then.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
what do you suggest? Mourinho drop him alltogether or sell him in the summer since we can't afford to give him more time to settle and eat into our wage structure?
Like everyone else in the team, start him when he is playing well, bench him when he is not. Keep him 1 full season in the squad, if by then it does not work out at all, then just sell him (like we did with Depay, Sneiderlin, Di Maria, Taibi and Mkhitaryan etc)

Truth is his current form and performance (in past 10 games) doesn’t warrant a start.

Last edited:

Rasfene

The surprising thing is Mkhitaryan is starting to play well at Arsenal. He's not individualistic and doesn't hog the limelight but somehow, Mkhitaryan is able to link up and get some goals and assists. Looks like Arsenal's style fits Mkhitaryan more.

As for Sanchez, he's always energetic and trying.

Last edited:

Web of Bissaka

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...lexis-sanchez-struggling-at-manchester-united

Skysports is being impatience, like many. Just about 10 games with us so far :rolleyes: new player in a new team. Still, with his capability, should've do better.

Anyway, Defensively he's much better (but that's more to do with our more defensive tactics, credit to Sanchez too of course for performing).
---It's attacking where he's struggling, obvious really.
-----Scoring or even opportunity for open shooting, he's bad.
-------He could've more assist by now, but his team mates poor finishing hinders it.
----------Seems to play better with more natural attacking minded LB Shaw. Same case at Arsenal I bet.

Loublaze

ATLien
The surprising thing is Mkhitaryan is starting to play well at Arsenal. He's not individualistic and doesn't hog the limelight but somehow, Mkhitaryan is able to link up and get some goals and assists. Looks like Arsenal's style fits Mkhitaryan more.

Arsenal's gutless no beard having team suits the soft Mkhitaryan down to a T

Bobski

Not really a surprise is it? Mikitaryan is a good player and he showed that in spells at Utd, even started this season very well. You would expect him to be more comfortable with a defined style of play in comparison to the randomness of Utd

Web of Bissaka

Not really surprising. He have did those playing for us anyway. He's obv talented, but there will be games with Arsenal next where he'll disappear. Just a name on the team list. Club and player matching each other.

edgar allan

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...lexis-sanchez-struggling-at-manchester-united

Skysports is being impatience, like many. Just about 10 games with us so far :rolleyes: new player in a new team. Still, with his capability, should've do better.

Anyway, Defensively he's much better (but that's more to do with our more defensive tactics, credit to Sanchez too of course for performing)..
Very interesting.

His stats are well improved for passes in his own half and duels won. If he was a full back we would be delighted.... (insert your own comment here regarding defensive set ups).
I see his possession lost stats are similar, he must have given the ball away ridiculously for Arsenal also this year.
Early days but has the strong hint of a player brought in on reputation and past ( not recent) performance.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
So far the happiest memory of Alexis in a United shirt is still his announcement video. :lol:
:(
Even that was overrated I thought..
He has been utter gash so far.
Nothing more to say at this time.

Luke1995

We get to win the champions league :drool:
Hopefully. Look at this: Both moved from a club where they were loved by their fans but couldn't win the champions league or the league, both were playing poorly in their last months at these clubs, everyone thought Torres last season at Liverpool was a bit of a bad form, we are thinking that Sanchez will get better with time... of course Sanchez is not Torres but usually players who move from a rival to another doesn't do too well. Except if you are RVP. Let's see...

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal

Anyway, Defensively he's much better (but that's more to do with our more defensive tactics, credit to Sanchez too of course for performing).
---It's attacking where he's struggling, obvious really.
-----Scoring or even opportunity for open shooting, he's bad.
-------He could've more assist by now, but his team mates poor finishing hinders it.
----------Seems to play better with more natural attacking minded LB Shaw. Same case at Arsenal I bet.
Did anyone really read the article? He has been playing well. He has been trying, and he tried very hard. He even runs more and touch the ball more than he used to. The issue are the tactics and his position in the field. He spent more energy in defense so his defensive stats are up (not a good sign), his position is deeper than he used to be in arsenal (not a good sign either). His lost possession has been blow out of proportion. He touches ball many times and his lost possession% is the same as his time @Arsenal. We arsenal fans were used to it. I would rather him take a risk than make a safe side way or back pass. "Sanchez ranks a modest 55th worst for losing possession - losing 34 per cent of his overall touches. That's a lower proportion than Jamie Vardy (41 per cent), Romelu Lukaku (37 per cent), Alvaro Morata (36 per cent) and equal with Rashford." He tried to do too much, but why he needs to do so much?

He must be really frustrated right now, and I am surprised MU fans already turned on him already and think he is the problem. Even a prime Messi will struggle under Mourinho (CR7 and Hazard already played for him, and both fell out with him).

Last edited:

Galactico

I don't think Mourinho will drop him. At this point he'll just have to play into form. He's a massive talent who's just struggling in a new team IMO

Not that many at United, but its still too early for you to write him off as you seemingly are. Our own Sheringham had a slow start at United, even missing a penalty on his debut against former club Spurs at White hart lane. I remember several fans calling him a flop in the early days of his OT career and the same can be said of Andy Cole in his first season when he was accused of needing 5 chances to score. There's a plethora of other experienced players who started poorly in the PL, players like Drogba, Theirry Henry, Marc Overmars and a seasoned Denis Bergkamp!

So what do you suggest? Mourinho drop him alltogether or sell him in the summer since we can't afford to give him more time to settle and eat into our wage structure?

Look at my response to Galactico. Other great players have had similar starts and still went on to be club legends.
So many examples there were players coming from a different league and you can argue they need to adjust to the league.

I didn’t say drop him but criticism is valid and questions should be asked. Why should a player who is not performing make it to the first 11 every week? If someone with a great resume came into your workplace and was immediately made the highest paid in your entire industry, would you not expect instant success or at least gradual signs of improvement week on week? All I’ve seen is him going backwards so far and it’s impacted the team for sure.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
He must be really frustrated right now, and I am surprised MU fans already turned on him already and think he is the problem.
Simply because the left hand side of our team wasn't the problem. Martial was starting there and in form then Alexis came in, taking that side and our results and performances have suffered overall. Even with the Liverpool game, Rashford played on the left and did great then was moved to the right against Sevilla.

There's also a bit of soreness due to Martial's contract situation and there being a chance he could leave due to being behind Alexis and Rashford in the pecking order again.

Web of Bissaka

He must be really frustrated right now, and I am surprised MU fans already turned on him already and think he is the problem.
It has to do with frustrations, as his form and contributions are, to be lenient, still not good enough.

And it doesn't justify him being preferred on the left wing, where both Rashford and Martial dealt better damage there than him.

As does the clear imbalance problem (lack of width from both sides) the team is struggling with at the moment, although that also has to do with Valencia's drop of form.

I would criticise Mourinho much more than Alexis though, he is the one that decides formation and player selections.
---Just play Sanchez at CAM, and let both Rashford/Martial rotates running havok at the left wing, much more balance.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Greck

Being brutally honest I think he should have gone to City but he let money be too much of a factor. There really was no vision for his role in the team. Coaches seemed to think we'd just slot him in and he'd carry us to the promise land. In the process destroyed any semblance of a wage structure we might have had and he's caught in the midst of an ongoing shitestorm

Web of Bissaka

Those 3 press love to make over dramatic stories about United :lol: not for the first time, just ignore them, or read them for good laughs. They're very creative in making stories and insist on it to be truth. Oh and they're still going on about the Pogba and Mourinho hates each other thing to no end, and twisting the Pog interruption of Jose and Klopp post match interview to Jose giving Pogba scolding afterwards. It's quite amazing their full effort attempt to paint Jose in this image.

Edit: Oh and Sanchez is a fighter, he'll come good. Just 10 games so far, I'll start panicking after hitting 20 games.

Sterling Archer

Good for him. No need to be overly friendly with most of a squad that's going to sent packing in the summer. He can save the fraternizing for the newcomers.

Kapardin

So Sanchez is unhappy, Martial is unhappy, Pogba is unhappy, Mourinho is unhappy, fans are unhappy...

Our club is sinking in the pathetic 2nd place, isn't it. In the meantime, the media would have that Spurs and Liverpool are simply buoyant being 3rd and 4th in the league below us.

Charles Miller

So Sanchez is unhappy, Martial is unhappy, Pogba is unhappy, Mourinho is unhappy, fans are unhappy...

Our club is sinking in the pathetic 2nd place, isn't it. In the meantime, the media would have that Spurs and Liverpool are simply buoyant being 3rd and 4th in the league below us.
Eveeybody unhappy, Dailymail and Metro are happy.

el3mel

Another proof why the international break is coming at the worst possible time for us.

The media won't stop reporting BS about everything United related these next 2 weeks. Gonna be fecking painful.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

Exactly this. Good comment

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
To be absolutely fair I like eating alone too, I hate when people look at me when I eat.
I know, right. I used to eat alone in the canteen in my first job and in my previous one, I ate on my desk and avoided contact with everyone when eating (Not that I'm a socially awkward person but I, like yourself, want to eat alone). I don't want to talk to anyone whilst I'm eating.

Besides, the articles are most likely bullshit.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Mkhitaryan flourishing at Arsenal :lol::lol::lol:

Straight from the mouth of Arsenal fans:

'Mkhitaryan got a few assists in his first few games, now he's a ghost. Plays well against smaller teams, but in big games he's a ghost'

Mkhitaryan is exactly the same as what he was with United, a shockingly bad player in high pressure environments.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
I hope these reports about him not settling in and isolating himself from his teammates are not true.

PepsiCola

Mkhitaryan flourishing at Arsenal :lol::lol::lol:

Straight from the mouth of Arsenal fans:

'Mkhitaryan got a few assists in his first few games, now he's a ghost. Plays well against smaller teams, but in big games he's a ghost'

Mkhitaryan is exactly the same as what he was with United, a shockingly bad player in high pressure environments.
And sanchez for us is poor, no matter who the opposition.

Trizy

He's been very, very underwhelming given his status. It's early days though, I'll reserve my full judgement until next season though.

Rashford2good

Big let down so far. Amazing player, bags of skill and very easy on the eye but he's morphed into Ralph Milne. I expect him to come good but next season we need him firing again.

RedDevil@84

Doesn't look like he eats alone from the below comment

Sánchez (From the press conference for Chile): "It's a pleasure being with Zlatan. I hope to play a game with him. I've trained with him for a month and a half and his quality is impressive. We talk and have coffee together every day. It's sad he doesn't play for his country now"

breakout67

Supports
Man City
And sanchez for us is poor, no matter who the opposition.
When I reflect on the performances Mkhitaryan was giving before he was frozen out, then I am happy to have Sanchez.

Sanchez does not hide, and the other team are always marking him which creates space for others (ie Lingard goal against Chelsea). He has got into good positions many times, but just fluffed his lines, he did it against Newcastle, Sevilla and Chelsea. The quality is there, but things just aren't clicking. Mkhitaryan on the other hand turns into a pub player for no reason in big games.

Rashford2good

Doesn't look like he eats alone from the below comment

Sánchez (From the press conference for Chile): "It's a pleasure being with Zlatan. I hope to play a game with him. I've trained with him for a month and a half and his quality is impressive. We talk and have coffee together every day. It's sad he doesn't play for his country now"
The press will be like vultures picking at a carcass, we're not exactly on our backside but we've give the press some to chew on. You know when the press are running headlines about Alexis eating on his own that they've ran out of stories to write.

Last edited by a moderator:

MoskvaRed

It’s early days but, given his age and PL conditioning, I don’t think he was bought with the longer term in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.