5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil may care

Except he does nothing. He jogs around. Hes been doing it long before he was injured. I watched rashford bomb down the outside wing in a game under jose. Lingard(and to a lesser extent martial) jogged up the middle of the pitch giving him no options. All anyone wanted to do was moan at rashford. Whats he supposed to do with no one running with him? tonight, martial had the ball. Lingard right beside him, a clear channel to run into in behind the closing players and he stands there like one o clock half struck. Martial then has no options but to play it back. And the little cnut is in the papers now talking about us needing to take out chances and how messi is so amazing. The fact messi didnt need to be amazing tonight seems lost on him, as does the fact that once again we are talking about being great for 15 minutes(It wasnt even 5 minutes, jesse). The guy is a creep. A social media no talent feck nugget, and as long his worthless arse is first choice we'll be continuing in this "oh, we might make top four" hellish merry-go-round limbo we have been in for years. Jose may have been a prick, but at least he had ambitions for the club to go somewhere. It certainly makes a lot more sense now why he was playing such shit football.

I just finished reading the thing with lingard which is why this might come across as hostile. Its not aimed at you, hope you dont take it that way.
No, it's cool mate and I don't think Lingard should be a starter for us, certainly not beyond this season, I'm just saying I wouldn't be playing Sanchez either as he's not being doing anything impressive this season either. For the next game I'd go back to the diamond with Rashford and Lukaku up top and I'd give Pereira a chance at #10.

Reddy Rederson

No, it's cool mate and I don't think Lingard should be a starter for us, certainly not beyond this season, I'm just saying I wouldn't be playing Sanchez either as he's not being doing anything impressive this season either. For the next game I'd go back to the diamond with Rashford and Lukaku up top and I'd give Pereira a chance at #10.
I can get on board with that. Anyone but lingard. I dont know if you can tell but I really dont like him :lol:.

Mibabalou

53', 93', 94', 99', 90+1', 90+3', 26', 34'
Looked good in his cameo.

It's last chance saloon for him here, start him vs Everton on LW if he's crap then bring on Martial and then that's probably pretty much it for him.

If we give him one last chance and he's shit for 2 matches id rather just see greenwood.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Keep him. I'd flog many others before him. He has established quality. Others do not.

Roboc7

A few decent appearances like last night will make him easier to shift, has to be one of the first out the door this summer.

Trizy

He's form since arriving albeit shite he's still better than Lingard and Rashford.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

At least he tried a few runs behind the defense and showed a bit of movement.
Given the actual state of our attack I would give him a few games although I am not sure how much impact he can have as most of his runs are getting ignored by Pogba and the others.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Maybe he plays badly because he has absolute shite playing around him?

I mean, that's the excuse others are making for a certain other individual...
That certain individual has 13 goals and 9 assists this season.

This certain individual has 3 goals in his entire premier league career at the club.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He needs to be played as a striker and nothing else.

His previous stint up top when Lukaku went AWOL he was looking good, then went back to the wing and looked crap again.

I'd happily use Rashford / Sanchez up top together.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
There's some truth to it, but then how do you explain his form at Arsenal?
Arsenal were above us until the season he joined, and are now above us now. Not that I'm making excuses for Sanchez, I think he's done for but @.Rossi made a good point about all the excuses other players get that he doesnt.

Havak

Pokemon master
Arsenal were above us until the season he joined, and are now above us now. Not that I'm making excuses for Sanchez, I think he's done for but @.Rossi made a good point about all the excuses other players get that he doesnt.
They might have been technically above us at a few points, but I'd still wager they were absolute dross themselves.

He has no excuse for not performing at United if he can do it at Arsenal, it's a similar level of mediocrity IMO.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
We're going to struggle to shift him, so it's in everyone's best interest that we give him opportunities from now until the end of the season and something clicks. Either someone else looks at him or we find a role for him. I'd move him on if we can, but we might not have that option and ostracising the bloke isn't desirable. He should start this weekend along with Lukaku and probably Rashford. Lingard and Martial have done so little of real note for weeks now.

dogwithabone

We're going to struggle to shift him, so it's in everyone's best interest that we give him opportunities from now until the end of the season and something clicks. Either someone else looks at him or we find a role for him. I'd move him on if we can, but we might not have that option and ostracising the bloke isn't desirable. He should start this weekend along with Lukaku and probably Rashford. Lingard and Martial have done so little of real note for weeks now.

If he can’t force his way into this current shambles then his Manchester United career is well and truly over.

I’d play him for the remaining games and just see if he can find that spark.

He has to be worth a last throw of the dice.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
They might have been technically above us at a few points, but I'd still wager they were absolute dross themselves.

He has no excuse for not performing at United if he can do it at Arsenal, it's a similar level of mediocrity IMO.
What you've said is sensible, but I get hounded out when I say other players have no excuses for shambolic performances either. Pogba and Martial apparently need to see Halley's comet to not put in 1/10 performances. That's what happens in their performance thread's, it's always someone else's fault.

SapperBRed75

Give him some game time before the end of the season - City &/or Chelsea. If he doesn't take his chance, bite the bullet and pay his contract off.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Not for us and causes issues for our contract negotiations. More problems and benefits and frankly should be 1st out the door. Basically Rooney post Moyes
We won't be able to flog him for the same wages anyway. Might as well keep him.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Give him some game time before the end of the season - City &/or Chelsea. If he doesn't take his chance, bite the bullet and pay his contract off.
Why would you just pay him off? I don't think he's a toxic presence and just paying him off isn't going to make players forget about the wages he was paid.

It could make a statement I guess, but I've never seen him as someone who would be first in line for that treatment.

Yes, I do remember the Southampton incident when the players carried on playing whilst he was injured. It was quite damning, but we are still with him contracted for another three years!

SapperBRed75

Why would you just pay him off? I don't think he's a toxic presence and just paying him off isn't going to make players forget about the wages he was paid.

It could make a statement I guess, but I've never seen him as someone who would be first in line for that treatment.

Yes, I do remember the Southampton incident when the players carried on playing whilst he was injured. It was quite damning, but we are still with him contracted for another three years!
Sanchez himself is not the problem - but the 36 month balance of his contract is toxic and a daily reminder as to how we shouldn't have been conducting ourselves. We sucked it up with Di Maria and Falcao in this post SAF era. I think we need to restore the balance, but it certainly isn't about making Sanchez the villain. Maybe we could compensate him and renegotiate his contract - I wonder if there's a precedent...

youmeletsfly

Dunno why he doesn't play as ST. His linkup play is good, can dribble a bit, finishing is good etc. Basically he has all the skills Rash is currently inconsistent at and he won't need to run that much.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
He is old and a big signing so he'll shafted by Ole. He persists with players like Martial and Lingard because he thinks thats the United way. That's Ole's blind spot, the opposite of Mourinho who would go for the tried and tested players.

Coxy

We won't be able to flog him for the same wages anyway. Might as well keep him.
No - get rid of him now. Like the poster said you were responding to - it causes us problems with contract negotiations ("I want the same as him"). We need to sort the club out.

Even if it means we still have to pay a portion of his wage - if some other club takes the load, then we're sorted.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
No - get rid of him now. Like the poster said you were responding to - it causes us problems with contract negotiations ("I want the same as him"). We need to sort the club out.

Even if it means we still have to pay a portion of his wage - if some other club takes the load, then we're sorted.
They can draw a hard line from here on.

Sanchez is just one of many being paid over his worth. Selling him won't stop a precedent of players asking for high wages. Offering contracts with a reasonable salary will.

I do understand that while Sanchez has an active inflated contract with us, it causes problems for other players, but the hard line can be drawn now while still keeping Sanchez. Arsenal in fairness have done it the right way after realising Ozils wages were too high. Drew a line, even if it means Ramsey leaving but they wont necessarily flog Ozil and gave him some chances to shine, unless a great offer came along.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
That certain individual has 13 goals and 9 assists this season.

This certain individual has 3 goals in his entire premier league career at the club.
And what 3 tremendous goals they were.

Big Alexis... A prisoner at a poorly run, clueless club, who currently have zero football identity.*

*Genuinely started off sarcastically but, fecking hell its true :(

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
In the time he's been with us, he's scored as many goals as Chris Smalling.
I don't give a shit about that, because there are things that went against him too. Sure he hasn't been anywhere near on good form but he has more established quality than any of our attackers, and even on a bad day he visibly makes an effort to change things up.

There's little doubt in my mind that he can do well from a run of games. Can't remember when the last time was where he started a few games on the trot. Difficult for anyone to break in when you can't even be trusted to play yourself out of bad form. I'd rather see him played week on week out than Rashford or Martial.

reddevil80

At least he tried a few runs behind the defense and showed a bit of movement.
Given the actual state of our attack I would give him a few games although I am not sure how much impact he can have as most of his runs are getting ignored by Pogba and the others.
Well noted, when he's on the pitch that is. He does run, will look for space and is willing to charge at opposition but hardly ever receives the ball from the midfield. Plus, if he wants to stay at ot then he must produce, and immediately too. He does better when there are other runners around him which, sadly, we don't have at the moment. I have heard in the past that Sanchez suffers from "little man syndrome", which if true, will cause tension and animosity within the team and may be a reason why they don't use him.

OGS has stated he likes him and can see something so he's not going anywhere soon but Ole needs to look at getting the best out of him and prove he isn't the prpblem at OT. The problem is much bigger than Alexis. He needs the ball to prove a lot of utd fans wrong and score!

ArjenIsM3

Unless he comes up with some very big performances in the remaining games I'd try to flog him. The ten minutes he played against Barca were probably the best he's ever played for us but then again that could be because Barca had already won so weren't trying very hard anymore and they were tired whereas Alexis had fresh legs.

POF

Unless he comes up with some very big performances in the remaining games I'd try to flog him. The ten minutes he played against Barca were probably the best he's ever played for us but then again that could be because Barca had already won so weren't trying very hard anymore and they were tired whereas Alexis had fresh legs.
Hopefully some other clubs noticed his performance in the last few minutes at Barca and come in for him. If United could move him on this summer it would be a great result.

That mo is the highlight of his United career so far!

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Give him a game as the centre forward tomorrow. His best period for Arsenal came from playing centrally.

He’s finished as a wide player. His legs look gone.

Onerealunited

With his wage we should definitely try to sell /release him this summer. His wage is obviously making it difficult for the club to renew / sign contracts on normal basis

Jibbs

He looked transformed against Barcelona... I have a feeling Alexis's United career will take a turn from here, use him as number 10. He will be a vital player rest of the season and next.

Art Vandelay

Give him a game as the centre forward tomorrow. His best period for Arsenal came from playing centrally.

He’s finished as a wide player. His legs look gone.
It's on Sunday, mate. Just in case you're looking for it tomorrow and can't find it.

I'd let him start, he at least looked up for it against Barca and he can't do worse than the others have done recently.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
It's on Sunday, mate. Just in case you're looking for it tomorrow and can't find it.

I'd let him start, he at least looked up for it against Barca and he can't do worse than the others have done recently.
Thanks mate. The bank holiday and not being at work has confused me (doesn’t take much :))

Based Adnan

There's other reasons why he failed of course but this was a player who played his best games as a 9 for Arsenal, who we then proceeded to play on the wing after giving him a mega contract

Nothing at this club makes sense

Status
Not open for further replies.