5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

haram

Based on watching them play. Both Lingard and Mata are very pointless however some wish to present them, while Alexis has shown a positive determination and is still comfortably a better footballer then both.
Here we go again calling Lingard pointless...

haram

Here we go again, can’t say the slightest of remarks for the guy and someone gets worked up. I think Alexis offers more, without getting into the details about Mata and Lingard.
Has he even played at RW for us? Its probably even more difficult playing RW for us than it is LW. It’s just a fantasy in your head that he will be better there.

tomaldinho1

Has he even played at RW for us? Its probably even more difficult playing RW for us than it is LW. It’s just a fantasy in your head that he will be better there.
He played there for the first few games I think and was atrocious - I think we all had high hopes for the Martial - Lukaku - Sanchez front three when he arrived.

In fairness to Sanchez, he has also been atrocious at LW so at least he's consistent

Litch

This is where his season starts for me. Has he got the quality to show he can put a performance in that win us the game.

RedDevil@84

This is where his season starts for me. Has he got the quality to show he can put a performance in that win us the game.
The answer is most likely no.
He has looked a bit lost or trying too hard and ending up not helping much. Not sure why he can't get going, but something doesn't click with him.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Done well the last 2 games. He's still past it and we should sell if an offer comes in, but it's a good sign nonetheless.

Litch

The answer is most likely no.
He has looked a bit lost or trying too hard and ending up not helping much. Not sure why he can't get going, but something doesn't click with him.
Don't think he looked lost at all....I think people need to give credit when it's due rather than immediately focusing on the negatives. Not like he's played that much football under the new regime and we've given others the benefit of the doubt.

Kostov

Yeah, he played against Chelsea at home last season, and did well, albeit it's one game. It's not about what is difficult, we are past the time trying to find the best for him while adapting, counting that Martial will be back soon, it's the only place he should get a chance, considering our options for that position.

It's not about fantasy either, it was the most sensible thing to do since the first day he came, but Mourinho had other ideas, very stupid ideas, and if I remember correctly you defended that till the end.

haram

Yeah, he played against Chelsea at home last season, and did well, albeit it's one game. It's not about what is difficult, we are past the time trying to find the best for him while adapting, counting that Martial will be back soon, it's the only place he should get a chance, considering our options for that position.

It's not about fantasy either, it was the most sensible thing to do since the first day he came, but Mourinho had other ideas, very stupid ideas, and if I remember correctly you defended that till the end.
Ole hasn’t played him there either so I dont know why you want to bring up Jose just to have a petty dig at me. Alexis wants to come inside all the time, the RW thing is a fantasy.

Roboc7

I don’t how anyone thinks putting him the right wing is going to help, he’s going to be even wore there than on the left wing. He has to play centrally but we have better options there, hopefully he can contribute something between now and end of the season and someone will be persuaded to take him off our hands.

Owen06

I'm actually surprised at those who's saying he'll come good, there is logically no sign of that.

What we are seeing right now, is a player whose best days are well behind him,
Loss of pace, ineffective dribbling,poor decision making, heavy touch and generally frustrating to watch.

Alexis at arsenal was a complete attacker,gets into the box, creates chances(good chances),scores enough goals and also very hard working, contrast to now where, he doesn't create good goal scoring chances, doesn't see enough goodscoring chances because he hardly gets into the box,and when attackers begin to do that,it's mostly because of low confidence or loss of accelertion,which is caused by decline.

It's almost like the Rooney situation all over again,diffrence is that, Rooney was still useful in attack but this guy just kills the counter anytime the ball gets to his feet.
The fact that a half fit lingard,who some of us here say "he's not good enough" was preferred to him just shows his present level.

We were all excited when he was signed,but in big transfers like this,there is always a probability of failure, unfortunately,this one is a failure, instead of wasting time,we do what is expected of a club of our stature,and thats cutting our losses.

Mr PG

Confidence is interesting. Falcao looked useless when we loaned him and it took him a while but he actually improved at Monaco.

Sanchez just needs games. Even David Silva and Debrune look a shadow of former selves after missing a large chunk of the season.

Problem for Sanchez is he’s unlikely to ever play well enough to justify his salary and won’t get time either but we need him these three weeks like we haven’t needed him before so let’s support the lad.

Marcus

Would like to see Alexis playing through the middle with Lukaku on the right and Martial on the left.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Done well the last 2 games. He's still past it and we should sell if an offer comes in, but it's a good sign nonetheless.
He did better in the last two games but I don’t think you can say he did well. The spark just isn’t there but the effort he is putting in for the team is commendable and was valuable at times in both games.

There’s no sign he is going to come good though. It’s such a disappointment but we have to get rid this summer and move on without him.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Alexis played best when with Ozil at Arsenal --- mainly only, passing back and forth between themselves. The Batman and Robin combo.

Ozil brings the best out of Alexis so maybe.....

Kostov

Ole hasn’t played him there either so I dont know why you want to bring up Jose just to have a petty dig at me. Alexis wants to come inside all the time, the RW thing is a fantasy.
It wasn't meant to be a dig, I was just pointing out to that feck up Jose made when he basically destroyed his team's chemistry by not playing Alexis at RW, the only logical position he should have came in when we bought him. Ole hasn't played him as of yet, i realize and I think it's a mistake, but also I know that every manager has it's own way of playing and there must be a reason. It's also not permanent since it's very early. You say Alexis likes to come inside all the time, well Lingard and Mata are pretty much doing that when they play.

It's more of the case, that the team picks itself in current situation. Counting that Martial will be back soon, and Marcus is injured, Martial, Lukaku and Alexis is probably our best attack.

Ander herrera the warrior

It wasn't meant to be a dig, I was just pointing out to that feck up Jose made when he basically destroyed his team's chemistry by not playing Alexis at RW, the only logical position he should have came in when we bought him. Ole hasn't played him as of yet, i realize and I think it's a mistake, but also I know that every manager has it's own way of playing and there must be a reason. It's also not permanent since it's very early. You say Alexis likes to come inside all the time, well Lingard and Mata are pretty much doing that when they play.

It's more of the case, that the team picks itself in current situation. Counting that Martial will be back soon, and Marcus is injured, Martial, Lukaku and Alexis is probably our best attack.
More than not playing Sanchez at right wing, I think the worst thing Jose did was to buy him at all, since we already had Martial to play on the left and at that point of time Sanchez was also best at left wing. Even worst was swapping Mkhitaryan who, in my opinion was decent on the right wing in the first season before Jose switched him to play as a 10.

Kostov

More than not playing Sanchez at right wing, I think the worst thing Jose did was to buy him at all, since we already had Martial to play on the left and at that point of time Sanchez was also best at left wing. Even worst was swapping Mkhitaryan who, in my opinion was decent on the right wing in the first season before Jose switched him to play as a 10.
The possibility of getting a player of Alexis quality a year ago was too good to pass on, taking into account that he was/is very versatile, or at least that is what I think. Getting him for nothing, or like we did, for a player who was useless and pretty much never fulfilled his potential here, was a no brainer.

Now what followed up afterwards, was a total feck up by Mourinho.

UncleBob

The possibility of getting a player of Alexis quality a year ago was too good to pass on, taking into account that he was/is very versatile, or at least that is what I think. Getting him for nothing, or like we did, for a player who was useless and pretty much never fulfilled his potential here, was a no brainer.

Now what followed up afterwards, was a total feck up by Mourinho.
His wages + bonuses say hello.

I was happy we signed him, because i thought there was a plan on how to get the best out of him.

Unfortunately the plan was to unsettle Martial and Rashford, while forking out an absolute insane weekly wage + appearance bonus.

Bwuk

Basically it's now or never for Sanchez. He's been a disappointment thus far, but with how stretched our squad is if we can't rely on him now we won't ever be able too.

UncleBob

Isn't this one of the most frequently used sentences in this thread ?

Camilo

He has something, I'm in no doubt about that. He might have lost a step or two, but he was never that rapid in the first place. I don't think he's a wide 4-3-3 attacker, and I don't think he ever was. Even when he was young and playing in that Barcelona 4-3-3 I never thought of him as a wide player.. If Ole keeps playing with the false 9 style, two tucked in attackers shape then I think he could still be very effective. With our injuries I think Ole has a chance to play him into form - I think it's worth the risk.

But it's make or break really. I honestly think he needs to score 10 before the end of the season if he's to be kept on. If we then make it clear he's not going to play he'll move on - he never seemed like the sort to sit on the bench and be happy.

ColvaleGoa

It's never going to Happen for Sanchez at United. Hopefully we part ways in the summer and look for some fresh Talent. It's just one of those unsolvable mystery as to how Sanchez could not discover his Arsenal form here at United.

I was pretty excited when we signed him but let's just shake hands and go our different ways.

Pace Abuser

I think he's suffering the Coutinho problem. Great players when you build around them and make them a focal point giving them all the luxuries. Clueless when they're a cog serving better players. I don't think Sanchez is accustomed to playing as an understudy. I imagine all his life he's been a top dog, except at Barcelona where there were rumours of Messi bullying him because Sanchez was selfish in his play.

Lads confidence can't handle being out of form and not the main man. At United he's finding he'll never be pampered and the main man.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I think he's suffering the Coutinho problem. Great players when you build around them and make them a focal point giving them all the luxuries. Clueless when they're a cog serving better players. I don't think Sanchez is accustomed to playing as an understudy. I imagine all his life he's been a top dog, except at Barcelona where there were rumours of Messi bullying him because Sanchez was selfish in his play.

Lads confidence can't handle being out of form and not the main man. At United he's finding he'll never be pampered and the main man.
This is what my Gooner mate always says about why Sanchez is failing at United. He has to be the main man or else he sulks or fades away.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Hopefully Lukaku and Sanchez can click, they are going to have to in the coming months if United are to finish top 4.
Why’s that? Doubt Sanchez especially will play much at all when Martial, Rashford and Lingard are fully back. Which won’t be that long by the looks of things.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He is hopeless. Even if he improves his form standing next to the ball and trying to take good pass from standing still is everything he is even trying on the pitch. Can he run with the ball?

KW2006

Seems he is the only player that hasn’t played better under Ole....

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.