5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dve

He´ll probable get 90 minutes against Crystal P and this will be his chance to shine. I have a feeling he´s on the track of better form.

Shark

@NotShark
He has to go, enough us enough. If we go into next season with him and Lukaku still here stinking the place up well then it means we haven’t done enough in the summer. We could have two genuinely world class players in their place.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Next 2 games he will play 90mins. I have a feeling that he is back in form. Lets see what happens

buchansleftleg

I was watching him and shouting at him to play the simple out ball. Today was the first day he seemed to do that rather than go high risk.

However he then wasn't able to run into space or drag their defenders away. He has lost any fear factor he had and it's time to move him on I'm afraid.

We need to stop funding players declines and stop going for big names unless we are sure they fit our system and have lots left in the tank. In his brief cameo today Lingard did more and that is the final nail for me.

Dve

I was watching him and shouting at him to play the simple out ball. Today was the first day he seemed to do that rather than go high risk.

However he then wasn't able to run into space or drag their defenders away. He has lost any fear factor he had and it's time to move him on I'm afraid.

We need to stop funding players declines and stop going for big names unless we are sure they fit our system and have lots left in the tank. In his brief cameo today Lingard did more and that is the final nail for me.
I believe a Sanchez in form DO fit into United´s playing style. I would like to see him playing 90 minutes where he does not feel the need of showing everything he´s got all the time. I still haven´t quite given up on him, and I think we´ve seen clear improvements the last two games. I hope he can change everybody´s mind against Crystal Palace. United need their squad players to step up now.

Canagel

He will surely start the next three games (Crystal Palace, Southampton and PSG).....either he shows his quality during that period to get more chances or he must go in the summer.
It feels like we've been saying this for 2 months.

Aloysius's Back 3

Thing with Sanchez was that even for arsenal he was horrible at LW for ages - people thought it was due to him being unhappy - it's clearly a loss of ability to play that position.

Hopefully we can play this guy as a false nine instead

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
It feels like we've been saying this for 2 months.
But he has never started 2/3 games in a row under Ole....of course because he wasn't good enough....but now he will surely start at least in the next two games without Rashford, Lingard & Mata and Martial isn't 100% fit.....that is now his chance and maybe his last chance to show everyone that he is still a quality player.

Alemar

but now he will surely start at least in the next two games without Rashford, Lingard & Mata and Martial isn't 100% fit.....that is now his chance and maybe his last chance to show everyone that he is still a quality player.
Ole may also try to play Greenwood (in easier matches) if he recovers from an injury - we need pace for our system to work properly, and if all of Rashford, Martial and Lingard are out then there is no pace left

ErranMorad

Agree with the Rooney comparison, but Rooney was still ticking over goals and assists even in terminal decline. We also had the much better star player version to compare negatively to. We've never seen Sanchez above this level for us.

I love how people presume that 1) A Chinese team want him, and 2) He has any interest going there.
It's more out of hope than any presumption. Also, China are looking to raise the profile of their league and have taken a lot of South American players before on huge wages. Sanchez is a pretty well known and popular South American player. It's reasonable to think that the country might be an option for him.

manunited1919

I just don’t get why Ole/Carrick/Phelan are only willing to play him as a LW. He doesn’t have the pace anymore. Play him as a false 9, second striker, or main striker, and he might produce the goods for us. I think he could be deadly inside the box if given a chance to play there, he does have experience and instinct to score.

ErranMorad

I just don’t get why Ole/Carrick/Phelan are only willing to play him as a LW. He doesn’t have the pace anymore. Play him as a false 9, second striker, or main striker, and he might produce the goods for us. I think he could be deadly inside the box if given a chance to play there, he does have experience and instinct to score.
He loses the ball too often to play as a false 9. He would put our midfield under a lot of pressure if he plays at the head of the diamond.

sport2793

It was more because they couldn't ask Rashford to guard the wings as he was essentially on one leg and could only run when United had possession.

Loublaze

ATLien
Get rid of him in summer and get a proper RW please. Dude is seriously stealing a living at United

quackattack

Is there any reason why Young can't play where he was meant to play?(Back in the days) I'm sure we can play Dalot or even Smalling/Jones/Lindelöf On RB, right?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Is there any reason why Young can't play where he was meant to play?(Back in the days) I'm sure we can play Dalot or even Smalling/Jones/Lindelöf On RB, right?
He mostly played left wing back in the day. Rarely a right winger despite being right footed.

Water Melon

Great mentality, but his legs are gone. Going to be tough for him to manage staying at United for one more season.

Ace of Spades

Fine defensively.
It was weird - on the ball, shielding it and turning out of pressure, he had some very neat touches, but the moment it was time to pass, even to someone right next to him, he'd mess up. Happened 3-4 times I think, and this lack of basic passing has been a constant since he arrived. Why on earth is it still a problem after a year of coaching with the same players?
He has always been a sloppy player though, no one cared about it as he was such a dangerous player who was great in scoring goals. The problem is that he has lost the pace he had, and because of that he can't get away from players the way he did in the past. Mata and Sanchez are players I would look to upgrade on hopefully. Maybe try him as a false 9 and see how that goes, and maybe that will work, he just does not have the pace to cause problems in wide areas anymore. Very easy to shut him down there.

Kostov

Cut the guy some slack, he worked his bollocks yesterday. Ole should play him on the right and give him a run of games, he ain't worse than Mata and Lingard.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
I really dont get it. What happened to him?

He was ok against chelsea and liverpool, but being just ok is way less than what we're paying for.

I hope he can really preform well in the next couple of games, cause we need to him to.

Try him on the right with Martial on the left.

haram

Cut the guy some slack, he worked his bollocks yesterday. Ole should play him on the right and give him a run of games, he ain't worse than Mata and Lingard.
Without a number 10 and top RB, yes, he probably would be.

Litch

Not a problem with him at all. Came on, worked hard and in a game of few chances not sure what else he could have offered.

Kostov

Without a number 10 and top RB, yes, he probably would be.
I disagree, neither Mata nor Lingard compensate the lack of top RB, nor offer more protection to the RB from that side. Even if someone should play as number 10, Alexis still offers more imo.

haram

I disagree, neither Mata nor Lingard compensate the lack of top RB, nor offer more protection to the RB from that side. Even if someone should play as number 10, Alexis still offers more imo.
You are basing this off?...

Sylar

Did well for the team especially in tight situations which had us keep the ball. Worked his butt off, but we need to see what he can do at the other end in the next few games.

Trizy

Hard game to judge him off considering both midfields and forwards were poor.

As mentioned a few times about the Chelsea appearance and Liverpool, he looks like he hasn't given up yet. Which is refreshing. Will the gamble of starting him start to pay off? Who knows. I'm not confident in him but we've too many injuries and average players.

Hope he starts vs Palace.

Status
Not open for further replies.