5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

NemanjaWhoah

He's better than Lukaku and looked lively when he came on. Want to see him at one of the two up top with the diamond behind him. He clearly doesn't work on the left, dropping into the same space as Pogba.

AJ10

Worked really hard but its clear to see his legs have gone but i think he could do a good job playing through the middle.

Phil Osophy

I share the feelings on here, I really liked his attitude coming from the bench. Next time I would give him a chance instead of Lukaku after what we saw today.

Rossa

Worked hard, credit to him. Quality & explosiveness just isn’t there anymore unfortunately. That through ball should have sent him on his way to a goalscroring chance.
Maybe, just maybe Usain Bolt could have come clean through on goal for that one, requiring a perfect touch, of course. Sanchez could have gone for it and would maybe have gotten past the last defender, but unless it was spastic at the back, the defender would just have followed him down towards the line making it impossible to get a shot on target. Sanchez NEVER had that speed - why do people actually think he did? Watch Youtube videos of him at Barca with "speed" in the title, not even there does he show any great speed to talk about. He's barely four feet tall, what do you expect?

Devil may care

He doesn't have the legs for the counter now but he pressed and harried well when he came on, better at that aspect than Lukaku.

arthurka

Maybe, just maybe Usain Bolt could have come clean through on goal for that one, requiring a perfect touch, of course. Sanchez could have gone for it and would maybe have gotten past the last defender, but unless it was spastic at the back, the defender would just have followed him down towards the line making it impossible to get a shot on target. Sanchez NEVER had that speed - why do people actually think he did? Watch Youtube videos of him at Barca with "speed" in the title, not even there does he show any great speed to talk about. He's barely four feet tall, what do you expect?
He just had that burst and power to work with, but he wasnt quick in a straight line over a long distance. Really like him tonight, great to see Herrera praise him for his output. Really positive.

PepsiCola

I'd start him over Lukaku.

Would like to see a similar set up, with Sanchez partnering Rashford, should Jesse and Tony be out of the liverpool game.

redDNA

Supports
Enyimba FC of Aba
He shouldn't play at the wings anymore, if Lingard and Martial are still injured, he should start with Rashford ahead of Lukaku ,at least he has the ability on the ball and brilliant off-the-ball movement than Lukaku.

His best spells at United were in the middle (in preseason ).

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Would prefer him to Lukaku tbh. Lukaku looked so slow tonight. Such poor speed of the mark. Once he gets going he is alright, but terrible acceleration.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Looked very good when he came on. For once he seemed like he was playing with something to prove and hopefully he carries that on for the next game, he could play a big role.

Web of Bissaka

Because he actually did had it before.

Top speed yes he don't, but he definitely have the explosive burst (not top speed, but more like quick acceleration + aggression) and the superb agility + balance to move past players.

I think the poster you've replied to is talking more about that than just the normal (top) speed.

MUfreak

I hate this guy on the wings, play him through the middle or never play him.

He was much better last night but i still don't see it working out for him. He looks like an older player starting to slow down. Ordinarily those players earn the right to one last big payday for what they've done in the past, but in his case that wasn't at this club so it's not justifiable for us to pay it.

UnitedWeStandOne

If you search for 'best of Sanchez' compilations on YouTube you see exactly the same skills as we all jerk off to when we hit up potential new attacking signings.
Most of them are from 2017. That's 2 years, 24 months ago. He doesn't feel the support from the fans (jup that's us) aswell as he is doubting himself. It has nothing to do with his physics/skills/technics. It's all in his head.

I truly believe in Sanchez, and I think and hope Ole will not give up an him. Give him a few more chances under a sane manager (Ole) and holy hell he will show what he is good for!

Josh 76

If Sanchez scores the winner on Sunday, I will give him player of the season.

KennyBurner

He always gives everything, which is the bare minimum. It’s what keeps the hope alive.
This. I just can’t write him off because of his attitude. He looks finished at times but I’m starting to think if we could build the team around him when he plays he will lflourish. Playing the 2 man striker seems to suit him because he is further up the pitch and can do his thing without any restraint.

I’ve said it multiple times I would rather get rid of lukaku than him because he is a natural and can still do the basics.

Jean claude van hire

I still have faith in him. Give him game time and judge him again.
This!! Every time he pulls on the shirt I'm convinced (albeit slightly less each occasion) he's going to be the match winner! Sunday could very easily be his 'Forlan' moment, come on Alexis make yourself a hero:devil:

Handré1990

This. I just can’t write him off because of his attitude. He looks finished at times but I’m starting to think if we could build the team around him when he plays he will lflourish. Playing the 2 man striker seems to suit him because he is further up the pitch and can do his thing without any restraint.

I’ve said it multiple times I would rather get rid of lukaku than him because he is a natural and can still do the basics.
I agree, with regards to Lukaku, but I couldn’t disagree more about even entertaining the notion of building a team around him. He’s been a dud so far. I just have a small hope we could get something out of him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This thread reminds me of Rooney thread the year before he got sold :lol:

Unfortunately it isn't "form" with Sanchez, he just isn't fast enough anymore to be effective in a wide position. He needs to play in the middle where he can twist and turn to make space.

He won't do that as Pogba is better than him now.

AshRK

I still believe he has goals in him. He cannot play as a winger. He needs to play behind the striker or as a striker. We better start utilising him properly or we are just wasting his talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.